Running/Casual Backpack

Hello!

Does anyone know of a running back pack that would also double as a caual "just walkin' around" backpack? I was thinking about the Nike Cheyenne Vapor, but it seems like the waist straps would be kind of flopping around in front of you unless you connected them, which I would rather not do. I also looked at the NIke Cheyenne Pursuit, but I would be afraid that this backpack wouldn't hold tight enough to not jostle around while running.

Thanks for any suggestions! 

Comments

• The OMM Last Drop has removable waist straps if that helps any - just picked one up for the run to work - got the Classic 25l, which is a little roomy, and not sure I can get my lunch in a waist pack along with the other bits and pieces.

• I use my OMM backpack for everything.
  • There's been a few posts on sacs. Finding anything on the forum is tough though.

I raved about the OMM 5 litre a while back (I'm on my second). Someone bought one as a result and hated it! Like any kit, probably best to try before you buy.

• I found my OMM backpack great for running with when I was on holiday at Easter.

• Hi guys I've been trawling around for decent/helpful posts on back packs but couldn't find much.....can anyone recommend a decent one for running to work with? (ie enough room in it for my work clothes, lunch and a few bits and bobs) Decided to start having some active travel to keep fitness up and save on my petrol costs a little image

• I use the Inov8 Pro Race 18 - carries all my gear for work, you can buy a separate hydration system for it for long runs. I love it. It fits my MacBook Air as well as a change of clothes, is super comfy - but is really, really expensive. It's worth the investment though as I run home from work a couple of times a week.

• YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭
    Craigyb

I regularly run to and from work, and my pack of choice is an Inov8 RacePro 22 (one size up from Kleesrosegarden). I think that they probably make the best running backpacks out there, but that they are definitely not the cheapest!

I also own an Osprey Talon 11 (bought when I temporarily lost my Inov8), and that is also pretty good. It's great in terms of the pack itself, and how much it carries, and how stable it is on your back, but it loses out to the Inov8 on things like the pockets on the belt, and how effective the compression system is when the pack is not full...
  • Hi Andrew! Did you end up buying the Nike backpack?

I wanted to invest in one and wanted to know your thoughts on it. Is it big enough to fit work clothes etc in it?

• Kleesrosegarden.

Hello, just wanted to ask, if the mac book air you can fit into the Inov8 Pro Race 18 is the 11 inch model or the 13 inch. It would be a huge help to know as I can only find it online so I can't test it out without buying it!

Thank you
  • I'm sure you could fit a dozen apples inimage

I've just been looking into getting a decent bag I can take with me running. Any recommendations?
  • That inov8 one is only 30 quid now at one online store. I'm thinking of buying one but wondering if newer better stuff is available.