Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)
    DS - get better immediately!

I'm hurrying along Mrs D, honestly.  *nods reassuringly*

Not quite back in Fink mode yet, but managed to do an 11 mile run instead to keep me on track with the half-marathon next month.  Legs felt pants from the get-go and I made horrible hard work of it, but pleased to have done something.

• MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

Cake - it was a two pack, you can have the other packet image

Yippee!!! imageimage

I hear rumours of snow this weekend? image

• EmmaC wrote (see)

Sorry about the weird typos! Sausage fingers on ipod!

Get well everyone!!!

First time as barcode scanner at our local parkrun on saturday - very excited!

EmmaC wrote (see)

Get well everyone!!!

EmmaC wrote (see)

Get well everyone!!!

Cake wrote (see)
    MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

Cake - it was a two pack, you can have the other packet image

Yippee!!! imageimage

I hear rumours of snow this weekend? image

Really?! Noooo spring please lol :/

• Pixie at the moment I’m uming and aring about which marathon to do in Oct as got a few options one of them is Leicester are you entered? Would be rude not to if you’re doing it.

• image shhhhh I keep telling caz every thime I see her she would like the race why it's penceled in If she desides to do it will have to. Stuff it will have to anyway. Consider me in. image

• Bookie's never actually done a marathon chuck so she might do but might be more interested in the half. Know she really wants to do one through so if the injures stay at bay you never know. Shouldn't be a issue but just in case last time I did Leicester the medal's where rubbish. Cheap race through.

Actually now that I think on it the last tiem I did Leicester it was the sheffield derby in football so kept running into bookie's and pubs to see the score. Wednesday won. imageimageimage

• She has because she wanted to do a marathon and wasn't sure if she could run the whole way because of a injury she did a 40 miler ultra instead because of the time cut off. I'm the sensable one. image

• no training for me, although standing outside in the cold shivering and watching the aurora must have burnt up a few calories...image

• Swift turbo before work, although took a while to build up to it! 

Must be coming up to HM time for people soon image

• Stop that chook - lalalalalalala cant hear you!image

• Turboed last night but the after effect were not nice so skipped this morning swim. Feeling better again now so plan to bike and run over the weekend and get back in the pool next week.

HM- I'm now booked in for one on April 6th which will be my first 2014 race, eek.

• evening all

feeling a bit tired, long week, though not done a great deal of training, well, skipped a run, but did the turbos and swimming. 

pixie, buttercup is not evil, and you bought that book so you can be well prepared for Wild Boarimage

• Hehheheh MC's got m' back!  Im poorly so no training in the past two days - would like silly cold to go away!

• it went well pixie, I will hear from them probably towards the end of next week, would be less money, but then I think I would have a better quality of life....

• I earn a fraction of what I earnt when self employed but I have so much more free time and a lot less stress, I always think you can adapt to what you earn image

Just got back from my first outing with the local cycle club, well I say local, I had to cycle 10 miles to meet them, we did a 45mile run, I did a 65 mile run, I might drive to them next week image

Day off tomorrow yay

• Nice riding and running folks.

Just under 50km on the Somerset Levels today, regardless of direction of travel - always ended up in a headwind, legs feel pretty battered as no downhill to recover so pushed hard all the way round.  OH has made me recovery lemon drizzle cake though so all is well in the world. 

• the job is working with kids that have been excluded/at risk of exclusion - you know, the ones everyone is happy to see are not at school because they are out on some package called 'SPACE' and other such names. image to start with it would be paid like supply - so an hourly rate and no holiday pay. 

PIxie - I also earnt less than I had before when I started teaching - are you just in your second year? I am on the Upper Pay scale now, but to be honest I really don't want to climb the TLR ladder in school any more and am starting to hate being in a classroom. Well, I like being in the classroom with the kids it is all the other crap that goes with the job. Plus, I imagine all the schools in Nottinghamshire are headed for special measures and I really don't want to be working in those kind of conditions. I just don't want to work in a school at the moment!!!

• oh and I ran, span, did some lunges/squats etc and swam this morning

then baked some muffins, made lunch and slept image