Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Well done MC! That's a brilliant time.  Did you swim it all frontcrawl? Good luck with the half today.

Brilliant mileage AF!

Well the weekend isn't quite going to plan.  Couldn't go to the cinema yesterday as hubby had to pick his nephew up from the bus station and today I have a horrible throat and snotty nose so may not run.  Gonna see how I feel after an hour or so....BFN

• morning

Jude - sorry to hear you are feeling grotty, rest up and get better

AF - brilliant mileage

Jude - yes, I did it all front crawl,, apart from a few breaststroke lengths when I was trying to get rid of the cramp

well, scoffing porridge then off to Loughborough for the half marathon then eldest son is playing in a concert tonight. I am going to be so sleepy at work tomorrow!

• 19 miles today using run: walk strategy.  It really was 4 seasons in one day as I had bright sunshine, hail, wind, rain, then sunshine and rain again.  held up quite well until about 17 when it started to really hurt.  May have eaten my weight in jelly babies but really helped me and no stomach issues.  Legs feel ok now, had a bath and unsurprisingly am craving savoury things now!  Hope everyone is well and enjoying what's left of their weekend!

• NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all well and have had a good weekend. I've had quite a good week training wise. By tuesday evening my legs were feeling ok after the 20miler. Wednesday night i had a sports massage which hurt a lot more than i thought it would. It wasn't a deep tissue massage thankfully!

Thursday night i went out for a quicker run, did a 10k in 43:39 taking over 2 minutes off my PB. I was really happy with that! Been out for my last long run today did 18.1 miles which was touch as it was pretty hilly and i don't think my legs had fully recovered from the 10K! Bad blisters though on both feet, exactly where i'd put blister pads before i set off!!image

Lainey - Sorry, you might of said at some point but are you in training for a marathon?

MC - Well done on the big swim!! I'm shocking at swimming, probably struggle to do 10 lengths!!

Jude - Hows the free swimming treating you? Can you go whenever you want for as long as you want?

Chili - Hows the recovery going?

Franny - How was the walk with Chico? It's been bad weather round here too, apart from today, plenty of sunshine and warm, bit windy though!!

• Hi Nandy, yes I am training for London.  First one, so it's been a massive learning curve.

• Morning all!

Lainey - well done on your 19 miles. You are doing brilliantly.

MC - wow! certainly couldn't manage 5K of frontcrawl.  Well done you!

Nandy -well done on your fast 10K and your long run.  I'm sure you'll do really well in your marathon.

Well, I managed a very short run outside yesterday.  It was nice to get out in the lovely weather.  Then did some shopping with my girl and finally went to the cinema in the evening all while feeling a little under the weather.  It's funny how I can manage nice things while feeling ill whereas coming to work today is much harder!!! 

Anyway, BFN folks! xx

• Jude - always hard to go to work, and specially hard when you aren't feeling well

Nandy - well done image

yesterday was Loughborough Half marathon for me, got there early and met some pirates and we huddled in Costa to wait for the start. It was freezing and I ended up feeling a bit overdressed when I was running but never mind. I ran the first mile with one of the pirates but really I wanted to do run/walk so after the first mile I dropped back to my run/walk - there was a nasty headwind at one point, and when we got out of town and into the countryside I needed a pee so nipped into a field - but then I lost sight of everyone assumed (wrongly it turned out) that I was the last runner and didn't see a marshal for ages so wondered if I was going in the right direction, but finally caught up with a bunch of others who weren't actually that far ahead and kept going. I was glad I had a bottle of water as there were only 2 water stations  at 3 and 8 miles, some of the mile markers were in the wrong place which messed with my head a bit, so I stuck with what my garmin was saying and continued on, overtook about 6 people in the last mile and eventually finished, found costa again and had coffee with the other pirates who had all finished before me

1 minute faster than the half I did 2 weeks ago and it was a harder course so pleased. But now my hip hurts. Having a rest day and going to stretch a bit and roller

• Well done MC! image

Hi Everyone else. Nice to hear your news. Sorry I've been absent for a bit. Just busy. Not feeling too bad, running is very, very slowly improving. Used my Christmas Sweatshop voucher today a bought a lovely new running top so perhaps that will help image

Have been doing quite a bit of cycling though.

• chili - good to hear that you are properly on the mend now

• MC- well done your HM, sounds eventful!  Hope you are recovering well.

Chili-glad you are recovering well and running.  Enjoy your new top.

• Well done MC,Lainey & Nandy on your great runs.

Chilli- I have been absent for a few days busy at work at the moment.

In my version of taper before Sunday week...5.8 yesterday and 6.3 this morning.

Bye for now....

• MC - well done on your half at the weekend.

Chili - enjoy your new running top.

AF - happy tapering!

I'm full of cold now and I have a busy week at school with three stage presentations.  First one was yesterday and it went well. Probably won't be training this week as yesterday I just managed to get through the day and then came home and crashed out on the sofa while hubby did everything...image

BFN xx

• Hello everyone - sorry for the delay in posting.  Managed a PB of 2.24 for the Inverness Half - not lightning, but 15 mins off a PB, so, given I had a little calf pull two/three weeks before, I'm happy with that.  Next up is The Highland Fling as part of a relay team at the end of April.

I hope you're all happy and healthy.

spartak

• Well done Spartak! 

Jude - hope you feel better soon.

I should be doing a run. But I have done SOOOO much cycling the past 5 days that I'm far too tired and need to give my legs a break. 

• Afternoon

Wow some great training going on I see. image Fantastic NANDY to shave 2 mins off your 10 k training time. Woweeeee and all that after your 20 miler.

AF.......You don't know the meaning of taper....lol.......imageimage love it......but please try to not over do things image

MC Well done on your HM and always good to see improvement. And well done on your swim race too.Hope the hip is getting better.

Spartak Fantastic at getting your PB at Inverness. Bet your looking forward to THE FLING...so wish I was doing it but it sold out really quickly for the RELAY.

JUde...Hope you feel better soon hun..sounds like a nasty bug.

Chilli Good to hear your on the mend and hope the new running top puts a spring in your step.

I did 6 mile run on Monday and an interval session this morning (totalling 6 miles) Hoping to go longish run with Chico on Friday morning.

Been to Dunbar today to visit mum..What a gorgeous day it was. I have put some pics on FB if anyone wants a look.Can't seem to upload on to this site just now.

Anyway Hope your all having a nice day image

• hi

spartak - well done on your half

Jude - sorry to hear you are feeling grotty

Chili - don't do too much!!

hip is starting to feel better so I have been on the turbo today and will be back to running tomorrow

• Glad to hear your hip is okay MC...take care now.

• Morning image

I need to read back a bit to catch up. Walking group for me this morning and running group later so busy day. Walking group has been going really well and have a fab group of people who are really making a difference to their health and fitness.

Spartak, that's a great time for your HM.

Mathschick, hope the hip is better soon.

• morning

short run/walk this morning, very slow as my body really didn't want to do anything! Hip ok though

forgot to mention my son passed his grade 5 trumpet, thank goodness we got him the extra lessons though. 69% so for a 13 year old boy lots of silly giggles about that image

• Morning

LOL Mathschick..well done to your young lad.

Good to hear from you Ecky Enjoy the walking group this morning.

Been to gym this morning and did a weights session.

Jude Hope your feeling better today.

Have a good day everyone.

• Afternoon,

Spartak-Well done on your 1/2 marathon PB.

MC-Well done on your sons trumpet exam. Hope your hip is ok.

Franny-Well done on your run and gym sessions. I saw those pictures on FB they looked great.Looking forward to doing some miles with your in Scotland. Think I have even persuaded Mrs AF to go for  a walk with your hubby and Chico!!!

Ecky-Good to hear from you.

Well tapering is continuing 6.8 miles this morning at an average 8.32 pace so happy with that. A planned club run 10 miler tomorrow,short 5-6 on Saturday and then marshaling our club 10k on Sunday.

• Evening peeps,

Spartak - very well done on your half mara PB!

Chili - great going with all your cycling!

Franny - looks like you had a lovely day yesterday, beautiful pics.

MC - glad your hip is feeling better.  Well done to son on his trumpet result! That's great!

AF - well done on your fast 6.8 miles.

Ecky - Hi!

Thanks for your get well wishes everybody!  Feeling much better and the stage presentations are over so I can relax a bit.  May try to go swimming tomorrow after school.

BFN xx

• Mathschick, well done to your son.

Thanks Franny, we had a lovely walk and even fed the ducks en-route.

Hi Jude, glad you are on the mend.

Hiya Boss.

Running club for me tonight with a very wet and cold run and lots of hills. Really enjoyed it though.

• Afternoon

ITS FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

Not long in from 11 mile run with Chico.........image average pace of just under 10m/m including pee,sniff and dip in the canal stops...lol.

Going out with the girls from work for a wee drinkie tonight.

Jude Glad your on the mend.

Ecky well done on run club in the rain.

AF Good stuff I am sure she will enjoy the walk in the hills. I have the perfect route for us which means we could all have a lunch at the end in The Floterstone Inn image Lovely wee place and dogs are allowed too.

Hope everyone is well.

• morning

sorry I haven't been on much, been a bit busy!

Well done on your run franny - I am assuming it was chico that was sniffing and peeing??

did my last long run today, always knew it would be tough today after last week's half etc and just general tiredness, but got up early and set out at 5 with the aim of covering 20 miles even if I walked the majority of it. Walked the first mile, then did 20/40, doing loops round town using my house as an aid station for toilet stops/refilling my water bottle! Walked about a mile in the middle and the last half mile home. averaged about 15 min miles, which isn't bad considering I really just wanted to stay in bed, and I did feel like I had walked great chunks of it. Didn't feel as great as the 18 miler 2 weeks ago, but this is because of the general fatigue I have I think!

• Franny-Mrs AF & I shall look forward to that. 

MC-Well done on your run- I can't remember what race you are doing. Please enlighten me? 

Did a 10 miler yesterday adn 5 miles today. I am tapering promise as I have reduced my mileage down by 10% for each of the last two weeks. Next week will be just short runs.

• Am loving taper, bagged a parkrun pb today (absolutely glorious morning-perfect conditions!) and have 13 miles tomorrow. Can't believe I think of 13 miles as being short!  Context is key!!

• Well done on all the running and the tapering! It's going to be an exciting couple of weeks cheering you all on image

We ran park run this morning and my No.2 girl managed an amazing PB. She knocked 45secs off her 5k time to run an incredible 29.04 mins image

• AF - it is the Great Welsh Marathon in Llanelli on 13 April

only I haven't had any info about race day, the course etc, I have emailed but not had a response image