Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• I know Emmy, I'm such a waster. Glad you're way ahead of your March/Lent resolutions and are all set up with new living quarters.

• Morning you lot

Not exactly a  true Nature Watch, but was in town yesterday morning and I saw somebody walking their rabbit ! imageHonestly !! It had a wee coat and lead !!!image

Initially did a double take as I thought 'No. It can't be !' Then was walking with Mrs B and she saw it too.

• morning

nice spot birky!

dragged myself round 4 slow miles this morning, my body wasn't very willing!

• Morning maths.

At least you got out.

• birky - yes, and it was a lot warmer than the weather forecast had me anticipate image

my mum's neighbour keeps running past me every morning

• Maths: It's a bit windy and showery up here today

• Afternoon folks - turbo and hill reps for me today, mittens back on. My NW was a paltry robin, no rabbits on leads.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    hello

Still out early
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    KateF wrote (see)

I know Emmy, I'm such a waster. Glad you're way ahead of your March/Lent resolutions and are all set up with new living quarters.

I am... i'm trying to get myself into a routine and find some new running routes. Lots of great trail around here but not so great when its dark

Gobi wrote (see)
    that is ok the clocks move and we grt plunged back into darkness.

I like the Dark so may train earlier

Its a cunning daylight savings ploy! I heard that they were thinking of abolishing it

• Charles RCharles R ✭✭✭

Half marathon done. And now breakfast. Lungs were willing, but legs were already battered from the Chichester Corporate Challenge on wednesday. Didn't stop me getting a PB of 1:32:25 though. image

• Quiet here yesterday. Right, I'm cycling down to the seaside today should be around 100 miles but I am likely to get very lost. Have fun in the sunshine all.

• morning all (just) 

I was up and out really early - ran/walked 20 miles at a particularly slow pace, even for me but seeing as I didn't even want to get out of bed I am happy with that image

and I had a new job offer, am meeting them on Thursday to negotiate salary, I know it will be less than I am on now but hopefully will be happier in my work image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all (or not)

Nice ones Maths

Took my first rest day for 6 weeks yesterday and today ran my first real sub 17 5km since 2009. I had one in 2010 and one in 2011 but they were at Basingstoke where the distance is always a little questionable.

To say I am a little shocked at the run is an understatement as with all the doctors and injuries and advice I had given up on this sort of running but here I am 16.59 and I think there is more to come !!!!!

Oh and my daughter is 13 today :??)
  • wow, gobi - well done

and happy birthday to your daughter - hope she is an easier 13 year old to have than my son!! Though to be fair he has calmed down a little now!

• Morning all - nice running MC and Gobi, and happy birthday to your daughter, my step daughter is 12 generally she's pretty good but the next few years will be such fun.... Got lost on the second half of my ride yesterday so ended up doing 123.4 miles rather than the 90 I'd planned, train engineering works today so I need to cycle about 35 miles to pick up my connection but I will be checking my route a little more carefully. SOC just got even more stupid today with the clock change.

• morning 

Kate - well done on the bike ride, was a lovely day to be out 

late night after my son's concert last night and change of clock's meant I went to bed with the idea that I would just see what time I wake up and if there was time I would go out on my bike, We are going over to the in-laws and no time for biking image although my legs will appreciate the rest. Will be swimming tonight because I didn't have time yesterday after running. Good job I did the run yesterday, as there is no way I would have been able to get up early enough today to do that much and still get to the in-laws!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    hi all

Went crit racing today and had a puncture DNF so popped out and did a hard hour on the bike.

Back on the early train tomorrow
  • Crit racing? Got lost again so another 62 miles on the bike in the New Forest, lovely.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Yes Kate, circuit racing make sense?
  • Gobi... Great running.

Kate - a hundred and how far! Bonkers.image
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I have never ridden 123 miles in one go, topped the 100 a few times but only just. Off to France in a few weeks which should see me top the 100 again

Rollers for SOC tomorrow
  • Poets potter marathon done. Fabulous trail marathon in Gloucestershire. Although it's a long way from home we did it last year and wanted to support the event this year. Quite a few more runners turned out this year including some who looked like they were pretty competent. Anyway, long story short and M and I ran around together and had a ball. 45 mins faster than last year roughly and joint forth with me second male and the missus 3 lady. Whoop whoop. image Get me.... Mind you the 4 hours back in the van was not the best form of recovery.

Bed calls. Nothing tomorrow except a sports massage and a brutal day in the office.

Nite nite team.
  • Morning all - a bit of T25 in the garage for me this morning, DW 1 bee. PSC, go you and Mrs PSC, podium placers! Not doing my usual spin tonight as I don't want to look at a bike until tomorrow at the earliest, but run and swim later.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I did a non stop hour on the rollers which is a record, amazing how easy efforts are much harder on rollers. Did some core and was distressed by my 3 minutes of plank being harder than expected. Realised I may need to do a little more core work as no longer going to the gym.

Morning all
  • Good morning all image

I don't know how your going to France Gobi but with the miles you did Kate you could of given him a lift there and back.

Well done Psc  but am I right in saying that it's down on last years win image slacking tut tut.

Been busy trying to get knee right coupled with a few minor strains from trying to hard at park run I am fit and almost ready for Brighton this weekend. 

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL I have a car that has bikes in it :??)
  • Morning you lot

Been really busy working and had no internet one day

45mns steady off road today

NW: 10 cows, 4 dogs, 2 cats, 2 cyclists

Catch up soon.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

PSC - Well done on making the podium! Sounds like a great race

I've seen 5.30 looked like he was having a good time down in Dover this weekend.

Gobi - What part of France are you going to?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I shall be staying around Alpe d'Huez

Driving down past Le Mans and back via the Oriental Forest

Should be fab as always