Sub 3h15

Comments

• Yaaaay - Minni's back in action!!!! Was starting to get a bit worried, but it sounds like it came together today.

GM - any reason for the DNF? Hope there aren't any problems.

Jantastic update: TCCSTFT are in second place for all teams (just behind the 111 runners of Conkers parkrun who despite having more than 5 times as many members in their team have only managed 3 times as many runs as us) and we've completed 1,487 runs. Surely there are another 13 runs still to be added!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Great news Minni, hope it feels OK in the morning

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Lorenzo - Yep, my foot didn't want to know and after running the 1st lap at easy pace I tried to pick it up and had shooting pains in the middle part of the sole of my foot. I knew I wasn't 100's so rather than doing more damage I pulled up. I'm  meant to be running a 10k next Sunday so hoping a few days more rest will do me good. Think I may be reckless if I do run it tbh but haven't entered yet. Not ideal timing for things to go pear shaped but that's the difference I guess between racing & training.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

GM-bad news on the foot but well done for stopping in time.

MINNI-your have more comebacks than Rocky well done ,and have some faith in yourself !image

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

Apr 6 - Lochaber Mara - Rich26 - Sub 3:15
    Apr 6 - Brighton Mara - FINgers  TBC - Sporty Badger sub-3.20 
    Apr 6 - Paris mara - Mennania - Sub 3 
    Apr 6 - Manchester mara - knight rider - Sub 3
    Apr 6 - Jersey Spring 10k - GM sub 40. 
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x, CC2 2.59.59, Literatin - sub 3:05, Lorenzo, Ant - sub 3:10, Minni - 3:12, Marrows, Bike It - 3:14:59,  Abbers, Poacher - TBA, AR - get past 16 miles
    May 10 - Marlborough Downs Challenge 20 miler - MsE
    May 11 - Fred Whitton Challenge - SJ - no crashes
    May 18 - Richmond Park marathon - Marrows no target
    May 31 - Kent Roadrunner - Gul Darr sub 3:15
    Jun 1 - Comrades - Poacher - Bike It sub 8:20
    Jun 1 - Walled city marathon - Leslie H
    Jun ? - Swim length of Ullswater - SJ - no drowning
    June 8 - RunJersey half marathon - GM sub 1:28
    July - Thunder Run - Minni, MsE
    July 27 - Outlaw - SJ - 10:xx
    October - Yorkshire marathon - Minni TBC
    October 5 - Jersey marathon - GM sub 3:10.
    October 19 - Abingdon Marathon - MsE - to get to the start line injury-free

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Quickly popping in to say congrats to SJ, fantastic result, and great news from Minni. Sorry to hear about the DNF, GM. 10 miles @ 9:21 m/m - legs obviously feeling it from Saturday's effort. Based on 39:56, RW Calc predicts 3:03:39, ridiculous, and McMillan 3:07:21, more realistic. I'm thinking somewhere from 7:10-7:15 for a nominal MP at the moment.

• Gul - worth remembering that your sub-40 was a solo effort and judging by some of your training runs I reckon you'd be able to knock at least 30s if not more of that in an actual race. With that in mind and with another 2 months to go, I still think you'll surprise yourself, and I bet your 10miles @ 7:10 feels pretty comfortable!!

How's the job going?

GM - hope the foot recovers in time for next weekend, but don't be afraid to give it a miss if it still feels painful in a couple of days. Focus on the end game etc etc 

5.5 miles with 10 x 10s sprints for me this morning. Nice and comfortable, albeit a bit strange running in the dark again.

• All I can say about Jantastic is sandbaggers. The small teams will throw up statistical anomalies, so if you have a team of 7, 5 count and we can understand that you do get oddities with small sample sizes, but Conkers parkrun are taking the piss. One guy, who will remain nameless, Jason Tilley, ran 17:26 and came 3rd overall and has logged 19:00 against a target of 19:00.

I award us this:

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k355/AlanOfPC/AUtrophy.gif

• Martin HMartin H ✭✭✭
    I think we deserve that PMJ. Everyone should take a bow!!
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Did a search to see if my tired legs, race anxiety and lack of faith in my own ability were a symptom of the taper.

Found this and it turns out Ihave ALL of these symptoms!!! imageimage

Taper madenss

SB

• PhilipMJones wrote (see)

All I can say about Jantastic is sandbaggers. The small teams will throw up statistical anomalies, so if you have a team of 7, 5 count and we can understand that you do get oddities with small sample sizes, but Conkers parkrun are taking the piss. One guy, who will remain nameless, Jason Tilley, ran 17:26 and came 3rd overall and has logged 19:00 against a target of 19:00.

I award us this:

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k355/AlanOfPC/AUtrophy.gif

Lol. My local Parkrun. However I attend rarely and am not part of Jantastic.

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Morning all,

A very quick catch up (others have summarised already), so particular mentions to the weekend Parkrun PBers CC2, Lit & Marrows, plus a course PB for PMJ. Great stuff.

A stunning ultra performance from SJ, and a fantastic HM PB for Leslie. Exactly what I want, but have conspicuously failed to deliver! Well done. Quick time from BB too - hope the ITB settles soon.

Gul's solo sub-40 10K is also a very impressive result.

Long(ish) runs carded by Lorenzo, Jools, Ant, CC2, TR and Poacher.

Sorry to hear about GM's DNF, Blisters' injury and especially best wishes to BI; you've clearly got a lot happening at the moment, so hope you're able to use your time in SA to find some solace. Best wishes.

BotF coming back, but sounds like you've come to a decision.

Great news from Minni, and a very impressive LSR in the circumstances.

Couldn't pass up the opportunity of noting how fit MsE looks, clearly been working hard on the S&C work.

Sporty B - I know where you're coming from!

16 for me on Saturday morning, and an easy 5 yesterday bringing up 45 for taper week #1.

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

It looks like Conkers Parkrun are going to win the large team Jantastic league. I decided to check out some of their result claims and was interested to find the following. I only checked 3 people who all had times very close to their predicted 5k times.

http://www.jantastic.me/runners-teams/?team_id=28

Jason Tilley put down 19:00 as a 3.1 mile prediction and claims to have run exactly 19:00. However his only 5k Conkers Parkrun of the month was 17:26 - http://www.parkrun.org.uk/conkers/results/athletehistory/?athleteNumber=274678

He did run 18:52 at another Parkrun this month but was clearly sandbagging aiming for 19:00 and then still lied!

Gary Price predicted 22:45 for 3.1 miles and claims to have run 22:46. However his only Parkrun of the month was 22:30 - http://www.parkrun.org.uk/results/athleteresultshistory/?athleteNumber=251899

Zoey Staniforth predicted 27:20 for 3.1 miles and claims to have run 27:21. However her fastest run of the month was 28:22 - http://www.parkrun.org.uk/results/athleteresultshistory/?athleteNumber=444791 

They are all in Run Britain but didn’t have any other 5k events recorded in March. So 3 checked and 3 cheats discovered!

Edit - I see PMJ has already unearthed Jason Tilley!

• That's made me chuckle. Sorry.

What's the world coming to when you have to blag a community event.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Afternoon Gang,

Will be as hollow a victory as is possible me thinks.

Excellent running SJ and excellent news Minni.

Well into taper and feel more tired now than at any stage of the programme. This is the norm I assume.

• PMJ / Badbark / Gaz - Yes, that really is pathetic in an honesty-based motivation event. Why doesn't one of you post on the MT fórum and/or send Martin and Tom an email?

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I think I might have to say something.  image  They'll probably get away with it since they are 'parkrunners': sharing the love and all that crap.

GM - sorry to hear about DNF but definitely the right decision in the long run.

More great news here - for the first time in weeks I woke up with no pain at all in my hip. image   Going to physio tonight. image

• My gout is playing up so Jantastic is taking the brunt of my anger image.

The reality is that it is all "just for fun" and if you email in then they just regurgitate the same over and again. There are no prizes for winning, just random prizes for joining in.

We all know who the winners are, don't we? I do embrace the parkrun collective but if this happened at my parkrun I would be told off for disrupting the pre-run announcements.

I also guess that there may be a few treadmill warriors: I have a friend who goes out and runs 10 miles at 7:30 pace 75 minutes and they are 10 miel sin a row, each 7:30 spot on, on the treadmill.

Anyhow, running. No run today so March summary

256.52 miles in 32:33:34  hours (nice numbers) at an average pace of 7:36. 797 miles so far in 2014, would have liked a 3 today to make that 800.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

PmJ-bad news the gout is back so soon again and not far of race-day either.

Sounds like some teams are sandbagging a bit alright but I suppose its the only way they could possibly beat the 3:15 er's image

10.5 miles for me today with a little bit of a progression run at the end .

Abbers-make the sub 90 half you top priority after your mara and do loads of threshold runs and it should be in the bag image

Stats:

Jan     283 miles
    Feb    282 miles
    March 281 miles  How about that for nice pleasing order of numbers then image

• Crikey, I've not been doing that many miles. You'll have me panicking.
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Burton-dont worry about it there are people doing far less that are much faster than me, I haven't been running that long so lots of easy miles are helping me progress.image

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    232m, biggest months for ages

"Listen to everyone, follow no-one"
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Beat my 216, Poacher !  Great long one, and nicely set up for half century completion at VLM.
    Minniimage
    Gul - what Lorenzo said
    PMJ - very annoying, I would guess?  

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Leslie - Meant to say big congrats on your recent half performance. That's a very nice PB and around the ballpark I am aiming for in June.

Abbers - Based on your training I reckon you have a great chance of breaking the 90 mins for the half after your marathon, providing you are fit and healthy. I might have missed it but did you did settle on marathon pace yet.

Gul - I agree with Lorenzo about your nominal MP, a solo sub 40 is an entirely different thing to one run under race conditions and I'd put money on you getting closer to 38 mins in a race in your current condition. those calculators mean nothing to me when it comes to the marathon, too many variables for the distance to be meaningful although some seem to convert better than others. You are sensible though and it's very tempting to be greedy when it comes to marathon pace. I for one wouldn't be surprised if you did a even/negative split if you pace it right and come away with a great time!image

Lorenzo - Thanks for your comments, I appreciate that and when it comes to injuries I'd say I err on the side of being over cautious. My foot feels strangely ok today. I will give it a test tomorrow with an easy 5k. I've got until Thursday to enter, so still holding to a chance of racing. Think the XC came to soon.

• Leslie H wrote (see)

PmJ-bad news the gout is back so soon again and not far of race-day either.

Seems I am just on the edge of what my body can take so it is also a good indication as well as bad. Last time I hobbled a mile on the Friday, then Sat off, raced Sunday and 14 days solid running after that, so I'm hoping to get going again tomorrow after 2 days rest with an easy 4 and then back into full flow. With the taper, hopefully all will be done.

jantastic, 1496 runs logged, anyone else to log?

• that annoys me about the timed run thing! one of the fellows I was rivalling did his 13 miles in bang on the money 1:30:00. yeah you got it, no extra seconds or even a second under his predicted time!! I don't think so!!!!! Cheat!!! 100% score too!

I put mine at 19:25 and pushed so hard to get under it! I was on the track myself and must have looked sooooo strange!!

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

So in spite of all the great Jantastic running by on all here the whole thing is totally flawed. Did this happen last year too?

• Twas my first year. Won't bother next year. Although it did make me go out when I couldn't be bothered!

4 easy tonight.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Rich - Yes, I have witnessed great dedication to training and each other on here. It is a shame but some people have no shame.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

I declare us champions! Great trophy-fettling there PMJ.

Excellent news Minni. 49 not out for Poacher image . Lots of folks simmering along nicely. It's nearly time!!!!