Monday 31st March 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - The silicon chip inside her head

Hope it's better today RFJ.

Glad you're home safe OH - what's next for you race wise?

Still your hamstring Blisters?

Hope you're not too stiff or sore today emzap - do you have the long drive to do?

What:                 just a swim
Why:                  trying to be sensible in the taper
Last hard:          not adding a little run (even though I have time)
Last hard:          20/3

Yesterday's lyrics were Spring by Tracy Chapman.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• What: Dentist then short run around Stromness
    Why: that's on schedule
    Last hard: long drive home
    Last rest: technically yesterday
    Next race: Cape Wrath running festival (defo) but may try to do Kirkwall 1ok on Easter Sunday  if on-call quiet

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: hour on the rollers and some core d&d

run lunchtime

rollers or ride for an hour PM

Why: finish the month in style

Last hard: Yesterday

Last rest: Friday 28th March

Lyrics: Yes indeed and have the album
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Not too achy, but wouldn't want to race again today!

What: gardening
    Why: it's meant to reach 23C though no evidence of this yet.
    Last hard: guess!
    Lyrics: nope

Yes driving 160 km today...

Was 1st in age group yesterday so get full points for the league table image

Have run my highest ever monthly mileage this month.

Have a good day all.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Great stuff, em! The wind on Saturday was brutal indeed. I went out on the bike for a few hours and really felt it. Nice age group win image

OH: dentist imageimage   best of luck

300.52 miles run in the month of March. My highest ever image

what: rest day
    why: taper time
    last hard: Friday
    last rest: 17/3
    lyrics: yes, very appropriate image

• OOPs imageimageimage  got my time wrong for dentist (8:15 not 8:45!) so missed appt and had to reschedule. Embarassed!
    6.9 mile run done. Quite cool (7C with some wind)

• Lyrics, yes. Definitely short of sleep today. But at least it's not cold, wet or blowing a hoolie. And the end of the month means it's a bit like a Friday.

What? hmm. Probably zero, unless I can get some bike.

• Morning

Been really busy working and had no internet one day

Lyrics: Yes.

Catch up soon.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

I climbed Ben Vorlich this morning, a munro.  Will post a couple of pics later.  Was chasing an inversion but missed it although I was above the clouds mostly. It was a 6 mile walk taking 2 and a half hours.

Ran 6 miles as soon as I got home - strangely, felt great and ran the last 3 miles in less than 21 minutes.  A good day of exercise so far!!

Lyrics, yes, I think so.

Hey dibs, I made a new friend yesterday and she's your double - an uncanny likeness. image 

• Afternoon all,

• What:  4ish
    • Why:  had a week off
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest:  Yesterday

Have a good one!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Here is the mountain I climbed this morning.  

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/Vorlich4/13_zpsc653273d.jpg

A view from the summit, amongst the clouds.  You can see it's 'partner' munro, Stuc a Chroin, appearing from the clouds.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/Vorlich4/10_zps1da39dc7.jpg

Look carefully at this one - see the other summits peeking through the clouds in the distance - shame it was so hazy at times!

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/Vorlich4/9_zpsd817e505.jpg

It was a good walk but I preferred my run afterwards! image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Don you always make me jealous with your pics!

• Donaldo - That was my first come back Munro in similar conditions (after a diagnosis which might have meant never seeing a mountain top again) - mid 90s

• https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1148861_10203542348225564_1992414079_n.jpg

Just short of finishing line last week - not looking my best!

• Lovely pics Donaldo. I'm just back from a long walk with Grace - would really have preferred to be out for a run, it's a beautiful afternoon here, but trying to be good in the taper.

You do look a little out of it OH!

I don't really like to ask but if anyone can spare even a couple of pounds I'd be most grateful: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/VLMagain

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

What: 1 hour swim (no distance recorded)

Why: easy easy... poor knee

Lyrics: Hell yea I do!! Great song!

OH- Nice one!

Don- Amazing photo!

my knee is driving me insane!! I WANT TO RUN!!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

OH, great pic that, I've yet to meet an athlete who photos well when running!

I have told not to run again and to give up on the hills but I still plod on.  I'm glad you beat whatever the diagnosis was! image

• I'm another in the 'you'll never run again' camp - doctors, what do they know image

Cheers Dibs, much appreciated - hope your knee will play ball soon. Are you icing it if you think it's fat pad inflammation?

• Afternoon

What 15+

Why tabled zero yesterday

Lyrics yes, taper madness or a general feeling LMH?

Great photos Donaldo and OH

Did yesterdays today with the last 5 attempted at target mp, was out by between 10 to 15 secs but was carrying 4.5 Kg in the backpack so not too concerned.

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

LMH- yup -frozen spinach ....

• ... for the added Popeye effect (Dibs)image

• Taper (I hope) postie - had a terrible day yesterday, black dog had it's teeth in my calf - but fortunately feeling better as today has gone on.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Spinach, interesting choice.  I go for peas myself.

An hour of gardening done.  Doesn't look like I did anything, even though I shifted buckets of weeds!

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Lyrics: Yep
    What: Nowt
    Why: Lurgified
    Last Hard: Hearing again after Wilko Johnson and Status Quo on Friday
    Last Rest: Yesterday

Great pics/times/mileages and attitudes allimage

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Just used the spinach for tea.. so now comes the peas.. argh this is so frustrating! 

• don:Cracking photos mate. You on your Easter Hols then ?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Internet problems here, too!

What: 4.7k off road. Muddy and got wet.
    Why: a good question! Legs found things a real struggle today. It may have been Saturday's harder run, or being on my feet working all day: usually like Mondays as I don't work, but have changed from Friday for this week.

Lyrics: but of course. Surprised everyone hasn't got these!

End of month:
    190k run, the most for a couple of years. Mainly off road. Not a lot compared with many on here. Well done to you lot! 31 days run here, so that's 90 out of 90 this year!
    Not working tomorrow pm so hope to get a reasonable run in, but not on Don's type of country! Nice pics!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.