Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Good afternoon L&G

Just completed another double and the fifth marathon in 12 days. Thanks for tagging the photos on FB Emmy!

Ran yesterday with too many painkillers and the shin splints were very painful. But I did the job.

Somebody recommended biofreeze??? Also need to get some long compression socks. At least I might look the part.... Anyway rest now until Brighton.....aaarrgghh.

• PSC - wow, well done to you and M

530 - well done to you too, but take care of those shins. 

Gobi - sounds like you have a great trip planned

nothing for me today because I didn't get to sleep till late and had a long day at work, and have to go out soon to see youngest son receive his silver scout award. Eldest son is playing in the school concert tonight, so it is all go and I am missing yet another swim session. Made it swimming last night though and had a good session

run tomorrow morning I think - and it will be in shorts image

• valis: Think that's the League gone for the  Blues after Saturdays shock defeat ! All the best for this coming weekend, In case I forget.

psc: Well done mate on your podium finishimage

• Thanks all... Bit stiff today, but better for the massage I've just had. I have deferred Brighton. I'm not road mara fit and I want to race it when I do it. So I will keep on plugging away and turn up to the South Downs mara fighting fit and enjoy it all the more. image
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I did 76hrs and 32 mins of training in March. 76 hrs were CV!!!!

I even had a rest day
  • Morning from a wet West of Scotland

Gobi: A rest day ? Seriously mate image

Coffee calling

• Gobi: Enjoy France when you goimage

• Morning all - just weights this morning, track tonight. Glorious run in the woods last night NW 2 deer and knuckled down to an hour in the pool. Gobi, next rest day pencilled in for 2015? Valis, hope the body holds together for a good time at Brighton, 5.30, hope the body holds together to get you round and you can then have a rest. PSC, I'll be missing the South Downs this year as it's so late. Morning birky, enjoy the coffee.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL Birky I try not to use up all my rest days too quickly

11plus in the dark this morning, strangely comfortable as it is what I am use to but strange as it is Tuesday and I normally ride.
  • Morning again

Still 'dreich with smiry rain' here today !

We'll be up at SOC on Friday as our flight to Naples leaves Glasgow airport at 6am so we have to be up at about 3am, as we've to be check in by 4am ! My mate is giving us a lift image

Gobi: Yeah this is true re your rest daysimage

Kate: Enjoyed the coffee thanks.

Just got a shift starting at 11am !

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your trip
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi Birky - enjoy your tripimage

• evening all

Physio in a minute.. maybe my last or perhaps penultimate visit.  It will be a joy to be free of the medics without that nagging fear that whatever it was hasn't quite been fixed.  

Tempted to ride to work in the morning.  Will check the weather first - and my logistics are not sorted for work commuting so I will need to travel light.  No suit and tie if I ride!  

Have a fun evening.... image

• Supposed to be lovely all week, but it was raining and misty when I set off for work at 6am. 9 miles tonight with a track session of 400/600/800/1000/800/600/400 in the middle. It hurt. Have a fab holiday birky, and say prego a lot to sound like a local.

• evening

very warm and humid this morning - 4 miles for me and a quick turbo when I got home before marking exam papers

birky - have a great holiday

• Birky, have a good trip.

Kate, you're a machine! Maths, are you getting over your injury woes?

I've got the all clear from the fiz. Whoop whoop...
  • Morning you lot

10 hour shift yesterday. Quite tired by the end of it !Off soon for a 35mns easy/steady session.

Kate: That sounds a hard session yesterday.

• Morning all - turbo and a 5.5 mile recovery run 2 OR 1 dog. Good news PSC, he obviously knows you are a top athlete after the weekend. NOC by your standards birky. T Shirt and shorts this morning for me MC, gloves still on though. Long swim tonight, happy hump day.

• Morning kate:

Overcast and cold today. 'Aye British summertime is here right enough'. He says in his best Victor Meldrew voiceimage

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hello all

busy in here again

I did an hour of track last night and 2hrs before 0715 this morning. Tonight I have a TT which I am doing on my road bike. I am concerned that I am starting to like pain.

My friends say I have always liked pain :??)
  • evening

PSC - good news from the fizz for you image

kate - gloves?? I always get really hot hands and in the summer my fingers swell up horribly...

well, didn't manage to get out of bed this morning to run image had thought I could go this evening, but visited the physio about my hip, she found the bit that hurt and did some work on it and now it feels a bit bruisy sore so just leaving it till tomorrow.  I kind of had an inkling that it was caused by weak glutes, and that is what she said, so more glute strengthening and some other stuff to do, but can carry on with all my normal training in the meantime image

• Good morning all image

6 miles this morning through the very dense air.

Nw 1 fox

Birky, Have a good holiday.

PSC , Good to hear your fit trouble free.

• Morning all - hills reps, 2 OR, 1 fox. How's the knee feeling valis? Hope you're back to training this morning MC. Right, long day ahead, on to it.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

I had THE BEST run this morning. As the sun was rising. It was one of those runs that invigorates and makes you utterly happy to be alive!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I'm a gloves person even in shorts and tshirt in June

Really charged into April and did another 2hrs on the bike early today. Felt pretty good after last nights hard efforts as well so that was a bonus.

Morning
  • image didn't manage to get up this morning - just so tired, you can tell it is almost the end of term - I even went to bed early....

swimming tonight though - does that make up for it??

• morning

pollution here is horrendous, I feel like I am living up the exhaust pipe of a 20 year old bus! Decided best not do stuff outside so turbo this morning image

• Morning all - 3K swim this morning, even in Central London I hadn't noticed the pollution but have been coughing a bit so maybe it had an effect. Emmy, I love runs like that, makes you feel privileged to be part of things.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Had a real surprise last night! Came onto Facebook to a flood of notifications.... I go to the White Star Running page and work out that i've won 15 free race entries for 2015! Utterly stunned!

5 miler this morning and it was real tough going image Heading to Paris tomorrow morning for the marathon so offline until then 

• Kate - I imagine in central London you don't realize that visibility is bad! When I was driving home from swimming it was awful

wow, Emmy that is brilliant, congratulations! good luck in Paris