Sub 3h15

Comments

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Gul - Yep, now you're talking! Having set a new target what will you look to get to half way in?

Still have not entered Sunday's 10k. Think tomorrow is closing date. 5K tonight and the foot is fine but everything else is not. Calf problems are back, ankle seems a bit creaky and weak too and lower back has been stiff for a week or so now. No idea what the heck is going on but right now I don't feel fit at all. Will report back tomorrow, think I may be looking for a miracle.

Abbers - Good work with the list I say. Forum police must be busy elsewhere!image

Menn - Will look out for you and OO, did someone say there is live tracking?

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Oh and I omitted my gammy right knee too!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

/members/images/297347/Gallery/Wrekenton2014.gif

/members/images/297347/Gallery/Wrekenton2014_0.gif

/members/images/297347/gallery/1paris-versailles_2009_0.jpg

This is who you are looking for GM. This was my last Paris Marathon.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

OO - Great pic. How was last year?

• Grumbly old git report.

Went for a gentle 6 miles, and aborted it. 3 miles achieved.

Carried my useless leg home.

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

image Blisters ... although, hopefully you still have two functioning ones? image

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

OO looks far too happy to be racing a marathon there.

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

GM & Blisters - praying things improve for you both.
    11 miles with 7M tempo. 3M w/u 8:23, 7:32, 7:15, 7M tempo 6:55, 6:46, 6:41, 6:39, 6:38 , 6:31, 6:22, 1M w/d 8:20. Think I will take it easy on Saturday's long run.
    Edit - GM - hadn't thought that far ahead yet!

• GM - Those are just the symptoms of mini-taper madness, hopefully

Martin - I have the feeling the 2:45 pacer will wan to latch onto you!

Gul - Excellent progressive tempo run - you really do mean business.

Blisters - Hope it's nothing too serious.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

GM & Blisters - Take care chaps.

Carbo loading has commenced... Clear a mountain of work today and hop over the channel tomorrow. Forecast is 12-18 degrees and overcastimage 

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

GM, Blisters - you're falling apart! Take care of yourselves.

Rich - nearly there... image

Gul - excellent target. Like the positive intent, and justifiable given that tempo run and your other recent training.

Martin - good miles from you this year, given that you're already speedy anyway. You should go really well.

Menn & OO-51 - that forecast looks ideal. Hope it's accurate!

• marrowsmarrows ✭✭✭

9-10mph wind for you as well Menn.  cooling breeze or horrible headwind?

There is a free 'Paris Marathon 2014' app now available from the google play store, which lets you designate certain runners 'favourites' and which I think is supposed to update their 5K splits live.  It has bad reviews though..

Looking good there OO!  I am puzzled by this picture.  There's hardly anyone aroudn you which suggests it was late in the race, but you look so fresh and perky!

Good luck all

• I like that weather forecast, Mennania / OO - I'd settle for that at VLM. Btw I would have thought Slokey could have stuck about to pace you both round.

8m this morning incl. 3 x Mile reps off 3-min jog recoveries. I knew this was the last anywhere-near serious session of the campaign but even so I didn't fancy it much, especially as the rain was/is coming down in stair rods. As it turned out, nothing to have fretted about, as the miles came out in 6:15, 6:13 & 6:12. All,nice and under control, so pleased with that.

Off to the physio for another tweak of the legs, which do feel much better, I'm happy to say.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Good luck in Paris, Menn, I'm having flashbacks on last year. Very cold weather, someone erroneously delivering a pizza to my hotel room at 02.30 in the morning before the race, injured leg, chaotic start, having a slash in a shop window along the Champs Elysees due ot lack of bogs, having to stop through injury at 16 miles, those bloody underpasses and still managing a PB!! image

Meanwhile, weather looks good for Brighton but there will be a strong breeze of 16mph. I'm a nervous wreck right now. It seems I'm the only one without a cold. I can't tell if my body is lethargic through taper or I'm fighting a bug or I'm super stressed due to the building work (and subsequent flooding) I've had going on at home this week or a combination of everything! image

3 mile plod today and that's me until Sunday. Roll on the post race beers!!

SB

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Ant/Abbers - Indeed I am falling apart et losing the plot, so much so, I have decided to pack in this running game and turn my hand to writing. I hope to publish my 1st book soon as I have been researching it for the past three years! It's called one man's search for the sub 40!image

Oh Jesus, it's so soon now for some.

SB - Interesting pit stop!

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

I thought it smelled funny SB. Good luck on Sunday!

Bon chance too to OO and Menna. Hope you all have a great day.  Ant, I could pace them in their carb loading but that's about it at the minute. 

You sound confident Martin - I suspect that we'll see quite a special time from you.

Good luck to all of the racers on Sunday, I'm already excited! What a list!!

Apr 6 - Lochaber Mara
    Rich26 - Sub 3:15

Apr 6 - Brighton Mara
    FINgers - TBC
    Sporty Badger - A. 3:15  B. 3.20  C. Sub-3:23 (PB)
    6JT -
    BACG -

Apr 6 - Paris mara
    Mennania - Sub 3
    OO-51 - 3:05

Apr 6 - Manchester mara 
    knight rider - Sub 3

Apr 6 - Jersey Spring 10k
    GM sub 40.

Take care Mr Blisters, hope it's not serious.

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Popping in to see how you April 6th runners are fairing. It is sounding relatively sane with the usual pissing in shop window dreams etc! so do keep it up. Deep breaths and before you know it you will be in the pub.

I have been busy with my reverse taper by throwing everything at it (if it breaks it was meant to) and am now rejoining the last 9 days of my 20 week plan. I'm hurting, but feel good that I now have 9 reasonably easy days to let things settle down.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Gul- Good tempo run.

Ant-good consistent reps.

Gerard -that book needs the last chapter writing where you make sub 40 , hang in there, no wimping out now.image

Good-luck all the weekend racers image

20 miles for me this morn averaged 8:11/mile , I really needed a 20 today as time is marching on but it was very tough going after a half mara at the weekend but done now .image

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

That's it! 16 weeks of varied training quality completed with a 5k plod at lunchtime. Kept the HR below 140 which meant I did 7.59 pace with an average HR of 138. It was very warm today too which usually raises my HR, so all in all, I must be quite fit at the mo.

On with the carbo-load! image

SB

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Ant - great stuff. You may not be quite where you originally wanted to be fitness-wise for London, but at least you're injury/niggle free and will be able to give it a good crack on the 13th. You might just surprise yourself.

Sporty - Nice finish to your schedule. All in the bag now; congrats on getting this far! Enjoy the eating image

GM - ha - reckon you'd sell a few copies of that! Leslie's right though; it needs the final chapter where our hero achieves his long-cherished target.

AR - Back in the game though, and that's the important thing.

Leslie - excellent mid-week 20. Good going to get it done on a school day!

5 for me with the middle 3 at HMP. Came out at 20:10, so a shade over 6:43m/m. Rest day on the agenda for tomorrow.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

This is all getting a bit exciting, isn't it? Not time to carb-load for London yet but I did my last quality session this morning in the smog: 3 x 1mile off 2 mins in 5:52, 5:45, 5:44 and nothing but easy running and a few strides left to do before the marathon. image

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Flippin' 'eck Lit, that's quick! Are you officially aiming for sub-3?

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

It says sub 3:05 on the list, Abbers.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Lit - Crikey, you are proper fit. Reps are quite good too!image

Abbers - It's a cyclical problem and I know how to fix it. It's just that I am lazy and haven't done anything about it. I fear it will be a while before I complete my final chapter of my first book.

• Gul Darr wrote (see)

Nice mileage Martin.
    Unlikely to have time to post in the morning. Seeing the list made me think it was time to have a stab at setting a firmer target. Will probably revise it nearer the time.

Apr 6 - Lochaber Mara
    Rich26 - Sub 3:15

Apr 6 - Brighton Mara
    FINgers - TBC
    Sporty Badger - A. 3:15  B. 3.20  C. Sub-3:23 (PB)
    6JT -
    BACG - A. 3:15  B. 3.20  C. Sub-3:25

I was feeling ready for this but the more I eat the more dead I feel.

• literatin wrote (see)

3 x 1mile off 2 mins in 5:52, 5:45, 5:44

Holy sh*t. I feel totally inadequate. I hope at least you had the decency to need a little lie-down after that? 

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Lit - I know that's what the list says... image Any scope for revision though?

BACG - I have no great experience of proper carb loading, but isn't that the way it normally feels?

GM - weekend a non-starter, or are you going to leave it to the last minute?

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Ant - I then jogged home, had a shower and cycled to work. But you could see it as an example of shocking pacing (was meant to be 6:00).

Abbers, I am reasonably confident that I can beat my official sub-3:05 target, if all goes well on the day. image

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Abbers - Yep, Will be a  last minute job. Early entries close midnight tomorrow. I was meant to run today but thought I had a dental appointment, it turns out I don't and we have a work curry do later so not running tonight either. I will do final test run tomorrow and decide if I am going to spectate or participate.

Lit - As long as you get your pacing right in 2 weeks time that's main thing. Your recent 5k was the indicator of your sharpness and I'm not surprised you are nailing those sessions. Fingers crossed you can convert everything and will run a cracker in a few weeks, 7mm, pah, piece of cake.