Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• If I'm smarter than I look, then I must look like a right idiot. Did you hear about the Spanish slave trader having a sale? - Buy Juan, get Juan free.

Hi Magpie

/members/images/727962/Gallery/Beans_good_luck.jpg

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

The jelly bean people have spoken. It's on!

• All hail to the jelly bean people , they have spoken , so we must listen
  • LloydRLloydR ✭✭✭

PC: Le Premier?

Heading off shortly. My four beautiful daughters aren't coming with me this weekend but they created some lovely drawings and messages to take with me.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1607070_10152127209853893_1867989101_n.jpg

They have high expectations. This is a pic of me being crowned winner!

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

The picture is Juan (one) Carlos.  Any more appropriate, or inappropriate, image is more than welcome.

Lloyd - Everyone in a marathon is a winner.  Someone said to me last year, why bother the Kenyans always finish first. 

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Lloyd - that's brilliant. 

When I did my first marathon, Mrs O was asked by some older friends if she thought I would win image

• Lloyd - that is so lovely and I'm sure that's exactly how you are going to feel.

Talking of things people say, I'm fed up with people asking me if I've done a practice run.   And last year when I told someone I had just run a half marathon they said  'A proper one?'.  I had no idea there were various types of half marathon!

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Oh yes, "how far is the Paris marathon" or "the Berlin marathon is longer though, isn't it?"

A bloke I work with has just won a place in either the Liverpool half. He was working out how long he thought it would take him, based on twice his 10k time "after all, a half is 20k isn't it?" .

• In paris so excited now got to work out where to go and register !?!?! Any idea of the nearest metro to the registration point ? 

Love be the jelly beans 

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Mrs Bruffy : Porte de Versaille ! 

• Thank u so quite away out to register ? 

Will head for metro now xx

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Mrs Bruffy - Metro 12.  Please don't get confused with the town with the big house.

• One of my students has on my sponser form only agreed to donate if I win.... Lets just say his family are NOT short of a few million.....

also mum Nana on the phone last night said 'good luck, and I hope you win'. Bless her. 

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

This forum hates me. Now to rewrite my post for another time image

Radar Sal wrote (see)
    Orbutt Le Rosbif wrote (see)
    E mmy wrote (see)

I cant fooking quote because the ipad app is so shite on here.

Emmy - I can quote on an Ipad image

Fine on my android phone. image

Not for me image

LloydR wrote (see)

Heading off shortly. My four beautiful daughters aren't coming with me this weekend but they created some lovely drawings and messages to take with me.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1607070_10152127209853893_1867989101_n.jpg

They have high expectations. This is a pic of me being crowned winner!

You will be a winner in your daughters eyes. A beautiful set of pictures.

Mrs Duffy - agree with PC - be careful because the expo isnt that far out of town... ask a fit running personimage

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    thisisnatty wrote (see)

One of my students has on my sponser form only agreed to donate if I win.... Lets just say his family are NOT short of a few million.....

also mum Nana on the phone last night said 'good luck, and I hope you win'. Bless her. 

I'm very jealous of you all getting so much support and love from your family. To my family - it's just another weekend away - just another marathon. I do miss the sparkle of it being a special event to them!*

*Yes - I know I'm being irrational

• Well folks this will likely be my final post til the big day! Hope to see you all at the Arc, if I make it for the photo.

Save travels and happy running! I'll be the 6'4 lump in a Union Jack foska vest with Matty on the front. image

• Er, Emmy, that might have something to do with the fact that THIS YOUR 51ST MARATHON you crazy, fabulous woman! We're so proud of you, support you and love you.

But I know what you mean....haven't heard anything from my family and it's only my 3rd

Just about to walk out the door now. See you all there and safe travels.

Anybody who wants to meet up for the movies on Saturday, we're going to the cinema on the Champs Elysees showing Grand Budapest Hotel starting at 1500. TD will post more precise details tonight.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Quick note: Expo miles better than before;;;;;and goody bag has nice surprise thingy in it;;;

• Have a great race everyone, Almost wish I was there with you !

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Matty - I usually run in the same vest as you and it always gets a great response. You'll get loads of cheers - don't forget to smile and wave back. 

Dave the ex spartan - thanks mate. 

Top tip for having a great day - join in with the crowds supporting. Thumbs up to anyone who gives you a shout, high 5 as many kids as you can and smile for any camera you see. 

Emmy - don't forget, we are your family too and we are really excited about your 51st. 

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

ATM - oooh, are there M&Ms ?

Emmy - we are your family and we're all sparkling to see you. image  (read Uncle Orbutt comment after I wrote that)

• Yes, we're your family Tink, Emmy. ATM's mum, TD's dad, the rest of us are the naughty kids (some naughtier than others)... and Scott's the black sheep of the family. Guess I'm probably the village idiot.

That's a great pic Lloyd

ATM wrote (see)

Quick note: Expo miles better than before;;;;;and goody bag has nice surprise thingy in it;;;

Is it a beer towel again? I only need five more before I can open my running-themed pub.
    Or a sweatband for your wrist? I only need one more before I have one for each arm.

• Good luck everybody, especially my old mates.image

I'll be running this one again next year. I simply love Paris and what better reason to visit. Enjoy it all and I'll be tracking many of you. Is there a list of Your numbers ?

• Hi everyone, just arrived in my hotel room. Great to be here at last.

Meet a few runners on the Eurostar, so I'm really in the spirits now.

See y'all tomorrow image
  • Hi all, I'm coming to you live from Paris. Been to the expo nice and quiet down there this afternoon, worked out the metro system and off out shortly for some food. Can't wait to meet you guys at the pasta party tomorrow night, see you soon au- revoir 

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

I'm all sorted after visiting the Expo. The breakfast run sign up needs sorting at that, but you do actually get a proper technical t-shirt.

Hope everyone is getting/got here ok.

Nearly time for carb loading again. image

TinkerBEL - I'm up for the cinema. I'll keep an eye out for your updates.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Weedy, you ll be glad to hear it s not another funny, rubbery, thingy for holding a mobile phone...

Very cool and slightly damp , here. If only it would stay like this til Sunday....image

• Hello all - arrived in our (rented appartment near Musee Dorsay, slight emergency !!! I've left my Big Welsh flag at home - any ideas where I can buy similar or a suitable inflatable for wife to wave so I can see her . Other alternative is she'll just have to shout at me ! 

Lim blaming daughter for not wanting to go breakfast run - as if I'd have booked that I'd have remembered flag ! 

What time do folks recommend depositing a bag on Av Foch - thinking of Metro to Pont d l'alma or Champ de Mars Tour Eiffel and walking 20 min from there ? Many thanks - enjoy the pasta meet up folks , 

I spotted another runner @ Manchester - he had Berlin marathon T - I m wearing Snowdonia marathon T 

• NellsNells ✭✭✭

Rob - if you have no luck, I've got a one of those Welsh flags that you put either side of the car if you want. Not very big (16" x 10"), but might still be spotable in a crowd! It has the plastic bit for attaching to the car door on so that should give a little bit of height and enable enthusiastic flag waving. I've got a slightly smaller one that I'm planning on pinning on my back on Sunday, but also forgot to pack the Big One that I was considering whipping out for a superman cape as I crossed the finish line! I'm going to the expo sometime mid-morning tomorrow and can take it with me if you're going to be around there, or otherwise let me know whereabouts you'll be as we've no big plans for tomorrow.