Wells Fun Run 10K

Not done this race before. Hear it has great atmosphere and is fun to do - am I right? Believe the course is slightly different this year can anyone advise before I register.

Comments

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

I ran it last year, ended up 2nd.  Good little race.  A lot of it was out in the countryside, so not sure about atmosphere, but decent support in Wells itself and very pleasant surroundings for the start and finish.

Last year it was advertised as being 9.6 k, and this year they are saying 10K, but the route map looks identical to what I ran, so not sure how it will differ.  A nice 2-lapper mainly in rolling countryside, but there's a pretty nasty hill towards the end of the lap that you have to do twice, so it's not a fast course.

• @crazydonkey

Yes, the course has been tweaked to give measured 5k/10k this year, but the 30m rise is still there to liven things up image

@dachs

The course map has been updated (sorry for the delay) to show the new course, which includes a short 'out and back' in Dulcote. Congratulations on your placing last year! Are you aiming to win it this year?

• you've convinced me I'm in,

can anyone advise on the junior races. With the wife also planning to run the 5k could be a full family affair!

• @crazydonkey

There are two junior races - a 1.2K for 8-12 year olds and a race across the recreation ground for under 8s (who must be accompanied), so we look forward to seeing your whole family there!