Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning all - another SOC fail, slept in until 5am, track tonight and might try and fit in  swim to make up for it. 5.30, I'm another +1 for the smaller races, I found Brighton too congested. Are you having a rest now?

• 530am530am ✭✭✭
    Good Morning L&G

Kate, next marathon is Three Forts in May. So yes a bit of a rest! I expect you'll be doing your favourite North Dorset Villages pub crawl marathon then...

Emmy was Paris #50 for you?
  • Morning..

5:30 - you were just in front of me by 5 minutes on Sunday! And well done Valis on a great time.

Agree that smaller races are preferable but still enjoyed the atmosphere and support at Brighton. Nice to do a big race like that every now and then.

Back to SOC running tomorrow but will be out on the bike today.

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Chris, you must have been very close to my mate Matt in his 100MC shirt. It was certainly a different marathon, and I'll be back next year! Still so many to go to the elusive shirt.....

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hi guys I have been blogging http://gobi70.wordpress.com/

I am not 100% regular but the topic is usually sport

I was up at 0430 today and met the lads at 0515, did 11miles all before 0645, a winter of my nagging has seen my friends largely come out of winter fresh and healthy.

A number ran PBs at the weekend as well :??)

Off to France on Saturday :??)
  • morning

not doing any socs this week - having a rest, still doing some exercise though, bike run and swim 

gobi - I'll have a read later, I like your blog image

• Swam at the Garrison pool yesterday and SOC run this morning. Nice day!

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Good Morning L&G

Just entered some marathons in 2015....don't tell the missus.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    530am wrote (see)
    Good Morning L&G

Kate, next marathon is Three Forts in May. So yes a bit of a rest! I expect you'll be doing your favourite North Dorset Villages pub crawl marathon then...

Emmy was Paris #50 for you?

#51 actually. Am  now a full wannabeimage

I'll be doing Rotterdam this weekend! How is everyone else getting on?

• Morning

Pushed for time this morning so just a short run with Jenny and the pooch in the Bourne Woods.

/members/images/27936/Gallery/IMAG1381.jpg

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I'm going on holiday but was still out at 0500 this morning and will be out tomorrow. In a strange way I almost feel like the last 2 weeks has been training for my holiday.
  • morning all

have a great holiday gobi

don't know why I couldn't sleep last night image

swimming tonight. This tapering is making feel very lazy....

• Hello all - busy wth work but managed hill reps, spin and 3K swim last night, turbo and run this morning, NW 1 snail 2 ducks, gloves back on again. Nice pic Chris, and yours on FB Emmy. Are you supposed to be retiring in 2015 5.30? Have a good holiday/training week Gobi.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    You will catch me soon Emmy - I did mid 60s of marathon or longer. I was never after the 100 club so I don't know exactly how many I did :??)

Kate - I can't wait, it will be strange training in daylight
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Gobi wrote (see)
    I'm going on holiday but was still out at 0500 this morning and will be out tomorrow. In a strange way I almost feel like the last 2 weeks has been training for my holiday.

Have a great time Gobi!

mathschick wrote (see)

morning all

have a great holiday gobi

don't know why I couldn't sleep last night image

A few people on FB have been saying the same thing... could be pollen or the moon?

Gobi wrote (see)
    You will catch me soon Emmy - I did mid 60s of marathon or longer. I was never after the 100 club so I don't know exactly how many I did :??) 

Ahhh... come on Gobi - you must keep a listimage Everyone loves a good list!

• I'm another of the thousands, getting up. 5.30 for running or training, then back to shower, ready, sort our 2 year old, then 8 hour day and so on. Like you i would never get out at the end of the day and I love the satisfaction that my training is done for the day. Keep strong, and give yourself a day off every now and then and just roll over! 

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Emmy - I can't even tell you how many wins or top 3 finishes without proper research. My training log speculates that it is around 66 of which only 32 were marathons.

Given time I could of course get very anal and accurate given I can tell you what training I did in 2004 I just don't have a definitive list.

I only know how many parkruns I have done because they keep a list :??)

Bopster - trained at 5am and am just in from my PM training session :??0
  • I'm another one who doesn't keep track of mara or mara +. Not that there's many of the latter. Mind you at this rate even if there was a list it wouldn't be getting any longer. Saw the doc this evening and I'm finally discharged. Declared fit. Whoopy.

That said I'm up early tomorrow for work. In the office before 7 is the plan. So maybe a lunch time dash. We'll see.

Nite all.
  • Morning all - some SOC work, whilst waiting for the pool to open, have to run after my tender deadline of 5pm as I want to get a long one in. Waiting to see what state Mr F is in when I wake him up after a charity office to office bike ride of 132 miles yesterday, distance was fine but a Central London route is never fun. PSC, hope you're almost at your desk. Bopster, rolling over means that 7am feels like missing the whole day! Have a great Friday.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

PSC - FANTASTIC news!! image

Gobi - i'm just too anal I guess.... image

Kate - that's a long way for a charity ride!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning kids

easy nothing to say recovery 90 mins on the bike. I have to spend the day at work where I expect I will not be motivated but know I have a few meetings to bring focus.

Can't wait really .
  • 6:45 on parade! Marvellous. A good day in prospect.

Thanks Emmy. It is good news. image

On on....
  • Morning

SOC run and swim later.

Have to take younger son to the fracture clinic this morning for follow up x-ray. He fell out of a nightclub in Nottingham a couple of weeks ago and broke his wrist in two places. 

• morning

PSC - great news image

Chris - how on earth did he manage to fall out of a nightclub??

Emmy - could be the pollen, I have noticed all the fields of oil seed rape that surround where I live are in full fragrant flower

Gobi - I am also rubbish at keeping lists, not that I have done any marathons (yet) but plenty of halfs and 10ks, no idea what my pb is really because I haven't written things down....

domestic stuff today and packing to go to wales tomorrow

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Maths/Emmy - my training is anal beyond stupidity but I never cared for the marathon as a distance and just ran them for training, I don't even know which ones I ran as me or as someone else. I do however have all the data for every event so if I need to find historic HR data for say Abingdon 2005 then I have the data.

I know where my first one was

I know where my first sub 3 was

I don't know where my first sub 2.45 was though

I am no better with other distances really, 245 parkruns

I know the first was at Bushy but not sure when

I know my first sub 17 was at Basingstoke at event 2 but I know this because it was a HUGE pb.

I have no idea how many different locations I have been to

I do know I have only run sub 17 at 4 and 2 were this year, found out by accident and was shocked.

I just don't keep lists :??)
  • Good morning all image

After a week off of running back out for a few miles plus Park Run.

• morning..

10k this morning - still have a sore achilles and swelling where the tendon meets the heel. So went against my own advice and took ibuprofen before running. Feels a bit better now!

• Afternoon all - 66.66 miles on the bike, not bad when I only finished my 15 mile run at 9pm last night. Chris, ouch to both you and your son, valis, how are the legs after park run? Good luck tomorrow Emmy.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Anniversary run in Maidstone this morning - winner in 16.46

Now sat in Alencon in France and have discovered there is a Bike Museum nearby. This means my ride is now at 6am so I can get back shower visit museum and then move on.

So much for not wearing SOCS on holiday