RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭

Not done that one carrot, but I've heard its quite hilly.  If you want a dead flat one for a pb then hackney marshes is the place to go.  Alternatively, for hill training I've heard Hampstead Heath is the one!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

AA: I echo wot carrot said: you've done brilliant runs which is why you are on the champs start. You've earned that place. I bet there are loads more there that didn't have an ideal build-up and are likely to run slower than they originally intended.

GULP - 10 days, 2old??? Only 10 days? Feck image

Did my 12 miler today as forecast for Sunday is pretty bad (gale force winds). I hope it's not like that in London!! Was a bit of a fail though image. Left heel hurt, then right achilles hurt, then my back hurt and finally I got a stitch. One of the shittier runs of the campaign for sure. With hindsight it was a rubbish idea coz I only had fruit & salad yesterday and couldn't be arsed to eat before going out this morning. Bah.  Anyway, 12 miles done, av. pace 7:54.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Chick- don't repeat that diet on 21st. I think weather will be ok here on Sunday but even better in London. I might do my 12 on Saurday . Think your run was a festival of taper madness .

bit of a sore back today ..shouldn't have carried that bag of horse feed 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

no worries - I shall eat all the carbs I can get my hands onimage  I've stocked up on energy bars and some vanilla flavoured gels to be taken on the plane. Don't want to overeat so I thought gels should pack a decent carbo-punch without giving that bloated feeling that comes from too many simple carbs and from sitting on planes for hours on end. And plane food is no option, really image

When are you flying, 2old? Perhaps we can meet up at the expo on Saturday image

• 2 more days! our local radio prsenter is running it for the first time + very excited about it.

O4S excellent you've been clear for a year, house exchange Tues, you certainly don't do things by halves do you, going to be a crazy busy couple of days for you!

A.A + Minni - those celebs been stalking you againimage

Chick, still a good pace for a shit run. 2old - no more carrying heavy things, wrap yourself in taper cotton wool!

Carrot - cool you guys are going to do a London park run.

everyone else, take care, rest those legs and down those carbs image

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Chick- I am flying Thursday from London.Not sure which day I will go to the expo yet though I tend to like to go straight away. I think it's near my hotel so could go every day image. I will let you know .I expect DD is going via a jungle or isolated bit of ocean.

Kiwi- the horses had to eat but that's the last weight I carry apart from my case to the airport. 

The marathon seems to crop up all the time on the radio- even the DJ said he intended to carbo load even though he's not running it. 

• old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭

AA: worry not, you will be able to give Mo a few tips on Sunday after all. It looks as if the BBC have got most of the start times wrong in the Radio Times (which is where I got my info). I am assuming the Final Instructions are correct image

Just discovered that my new (small) Macmillan vest is too small for my name, even leaving out one letter so we are debating what else I could call myself given the random collection of iron on letters in our possession...........

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Just got my fix of the London Marathon music - they've played a bit on Steve Wright this pm on Radio 2....got me into the mood image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    O4S - have you gone for a cropped vest this year?image

Arrived in London and on my way to excel then meeting Brol and her betterimage half for dinner. image
  • kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭

Just back from the expo, and can confirm the music has now been switched on.  Phew.

Did a slow 5M in the park with a friend this morning, heard an odd sound behind us and looked around to see a bunch of world and paralympic champion wheelchair racers swoop by.  Awesome.

O4S - thats great news - hope Sunday is a good celebration of no ops for a year.

Carrot - I think that'll be a great place to run - you should get the closed road alongside the course all to yourselves.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Probably a good thing I'm not doing London,my back is pretty painful-hopefully it will be ok tomorrow. 

• eek 2old. It's always the unexpected things! Fingers crossed it clears

• 2old - Old problem or something new? Rest up.

ant - I had a bad tooth nerve problem a couple of years ago , the only positive thing was there was no pain while running. All you can do if it's a problem sunday is dose up before you start.

AA - Once the gun goes, it won't matter where you started from, just go out, do your best and enjoy the occasion. Hope you're going to frame the number and  fingers crossed there will be a few more from the thread  on the champs start next year.

Carrot -  Good luck with the parkrun and sounds like a great way to start sunday morning off, there will be a great atmosphere.

Had to bin swimming practice today my snotty nose has gone to my chest so coughing up some yukky stuffimage.  Dosing all day, hopefully ok by the morning as long bike ride planned with a long run sunday.

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi Minni/AA, I am hoping that bloody Nell on twitter is someone else, certainly not meimage

Back problems seem to be creeping in on the thread (chick, now 2old).

If I don't get a chance to get back on before, Minni,Freemers,O4S,kfc,Jack,Col,AA (and forgive my ignorance if I have missed anyone) I hope you have a really good run on Sunday and I wish you all the best!

I had a rest day with some S+C today and had an early start yesterday as I had to travel up North of Aberdeen (Dyce), but everything went well and I got home for 17:00. Decided to go out to run, but revised my run from 9 to 7 miles. I enjoy running in the morning and not really a fan of evening running. Decided to go for a mile and see how it went. After a mile I decided to get in some 7mm's and on the harder climbs stick to MP. Ended up running the 7 miles in 49:03, with splits of 6:58,6:46,6:56,7:11,6:52,7:26,6:49 (avg 7mm). I think what helped is that it was a lovely evening, funny how a change in the weather puts a spring back in your step...rounded off with homemade fish and chips! image

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hope the infection is not too serious Barry...

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no, 2old. You must stay on the sofa from now on. You are sooo accident-prone image Hope it settles. No more horse feed lifting before Boston!!

Sounds yucky Barry
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/dear-world-boston-marathon-photos/

Check this out. It's hard, but very very emotional. It shows some of the Boston victims with their message to the world. Made me cry.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Barry- a new one to add to the list imageThink you may have the allergy to chlorine ....you'll adjust to it..get a decongestant spray. 

Ant- everything crossed now

Nell- fast stuff. 

Chick- not sure I can look 

kfc-that's one way to inspire you when the going gets tough 

• old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭

Last run done and it felt as bad as expected! image   only ironed one letter on to the greaseproof paper instead of the vest this year! Will be interesting to see what people think I'm called image

Train tomorrow am, so see some of you on the green start and for the rest 'Go Team Minni'. I'm sure there will be at least one photo of the green start party......

• PinkladyPinklady ✭✭✭

Rest 2old & I hope your back is better soon

Carrot Enjoy your run

AA Enjoy your champ start you deserve it. Have a great run

Minni, Free, O4S, KFC, Col, Jack, Mr O4S - apologies if I have missed anyone else, hope you all have a great day Sunday & good luck. 

Swimming training tonight which was hard but great fun. Was told by my coach that Barry is doing really well with his lessons which will give him a boost as he's not feeling great at the moment with a stinker of a cold & lots of yuk!

13 mile run tomorrow morning but running 5 miles to a friends house & she will run the rest of the 8 miles with me. Going to try different flavour SiS gel as well & see how I get on.

Looking forward to watching the Marathon Sunday image excited for you all

• Good luck everyone, I hope you all hit your A targets.

So excited, heading to London in a minute, will pop in to say hello to my family we're staying with, then off to the expo.
  • Cold a little better this morning so out on the bike, just over 26 miles, seems  a long way.image Speaking of which:

Jack -  Don't set off too quick, if it feels easy for the first half, it should,  try and hold back, enjoy.

Freemers -  Your training and build up has been very good, go smash it.

Minni - Not the best campaign for you but you are the queen of endurance so have a good one.

O4S -  hope the injuries hold up and  it goes well for you, if not enjoy the day and maybe you and BA hand in hand crossing the finishing line together.image

kfc - Not the best build up for you, but it's going to be  great race to run in, enjoy and wishing you a better celebration than last year.

col - you've been pretty quiet I reckon you're going to have a good one.

AA - Enjoy the experience, which most of us can only dream about, it's going to be hard for you not to set off too quick but try and settle into race pace from the start.

Ant -  Hope the tooth does n't give you too much grief. Maybe try and latch on to the 3:15 pacers.

Think that's everyone. 

2old hope your back is better, if not don't risk any running.

nell - Nice pacy miles.

• Quick check in to wish everyone good luck for tomorrow. I'm sure you'll all smash it!image

D.B.S

/members/images/510694/Gallery/TM-DBS-Vest.jpg

• PinkladyPinklady ✭✭✭

Apologies Ant I missed you off the list! Have a great run image

I Like the top Oompa

Run done this morning - ran to my friends then she ran the rest with me. Lovely run but my Garmin stopped & had to be reset & I only noticed just after the 6 mile point.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    How's the back, 2old?
  • FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Just setting off for London and the nerves are kicking in. I think this is the most nervous I've been before a marathon, just because I've given myself every chance of a great result and don't want to screw it up!

Marathon dream last night - I was just setting off to the start when news came in that they had cancelled the race because of a security alert...I woke up and my heart was really pounding!

Anyway, to those I won't see at the start tomorrow, have a fantastic race...and to the others, see you on Green image
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Oomp- brilliant vest

Barry- good to see cold improved- see if it gets worse when you get back in the pool. 26miles on a bike ...now that is tough.  No running today 

chick- back still very stiff and sore but better than yesterday ...bit of a warning . Off to buy the bits and pieces needed for week Monday. 

pink- great run...who needs a garmin anyway?

o4S- just put No1 on your vest .thats all that's needed 

fFree- sorry I won't be at the Green start with you all. 

• old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭
    Train approaching Paddington - who thought this was a good idea?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OMG!! I'm so nervous on your behalf!!

You'll all do brilliantly image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Freemers - I feel the exact opposite in that I'm not at all nervous! I'm just not getting into the Zone but I am still excited. Just walked the last 3 miles of the course. The blue line is painted on and barriers are up. Heading to the Mall later to suss out the finish. image