RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I'm sat at the hairdressers now for my marathon haircut image
  • GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! How exciting! I'm looking forward to coming down to cheer you on.

About 9 miles for me this morning. Had a bit of man flu this week and missed a few days and had totally lost my mojo, so decided to ditch the Garmin and run in the nature reserve near my house. Was a lovely run and just what I needed image

• Fucking pen 7! I've got no idea what my friend who entered me was thinking. I might see if I can find a 7ft novelty chicken outfit to wear to at least give a purpose to running so slow. What a downer.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Stay positive, Jack. Imagine how many thousands you will pass.... It will thin after 2 miles and you are sure going to run a negative split
  • kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭

Thanks for the good luck guys.  Greenies - see you tomorrow morning, hope to catch up with the rest of you after.  If you are tracking online, I'd like to request your good vibes from mile 15 onwards.  In return, I promise to be as bloody minded as I can to keep my pace up, even if it means I have to vom on buckingham palace.  image

Jack - dont worry.  Exactly what chick said - expect to run the first 2 miles at 10min/miles then your own pace after that.  Dont get stressed by it and try and get back on target all at once - play the long game and make up a few seconds a mile.  Hard to do when you feel fresh, but if you spend the first few miles weaving, sprinting and slowing it will come and bite you later on (I know, I've done it - wasn't pretty!).

Made me cry too chick - thanks for posting

Oompa - you should wear that top tomorrow!

And probably a bit soon to be thinking about this, but how about VLM on a treadmill?!? http://www.insidethegames.biz/sports/summer/athletics/1019421-guaranteed-entry-for-the-london-marathon-through-virtual-reality

• Afternoon all. 

hope weve all got our numbers sorted now!

jack - don't worry you will have so much energy to spend in the second half. 

green girls - its just not the same not starting with you all and as a result I'm not looking forward to being on my own for ages at the start. We always have such a laugh. I'm sure you will all be way ahead of me by the time we merge before mile 1. Aiming to still get the train to maize hill though and walk up the hill. 

Ant/col no doubt you will pass me early on too! Say Hi!! I have a big 501 on my back! Think it was before 2 miles last year Col you went passed me and Minni?

ive been eating and drinking and resting all day. Gotta give myself a fighting chance! I'm all ready - kit done, bag sorted. Quite excited now really as I plan to try and take it easy and not die too badly at 18 miles!!

good luck everyone. 

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Daren where will you be? Can you pop into Chandos afterwards?

AA - see you at Charing Cross in the morning. Anyone else want to meet there? Still need to check the tube etc but hope to be there for 7:45.

I've walked miles today!!
  • Gosh, I'm proper excited too!! i may come to watch tmrw, depends on how late the 30th birthday drinks go on for that we're at tonight, we're sharing a taxi home with the birthday girl so will be a late one! Have never spectated VLM tho, so will decidr in the morning.

either way will definitely be thinking of you all + stalking online, have a great run guys, trust in the training + dbsimage

• old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭
    The 18 mile marker is right outside our hotel, hope I feel better at that point than I did last year! Wandered around Canary Wharf and found ourselves at the 20 mile mark.

Jack: mr O4S is blue pen 6 on a prediction of 4 hours, sadly though he is a bit peculiar he doesn't look like a 7 ft chicken ( I just checked)

AA: blast it and enjoy every minute of your celebrity status

Greenies: see you there - I am aiming for 8.15am (ish)

Minni: tell your lovely family to look out for the Macmillan snail

Good Luck everyone!!!!!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    O4S - they will be around Tower Bridge then about 23 miles this year as our hotel is very close to the 23 mile marker. They'll definitely look put for you.

Kiwi - come to Chandos is you're in London.
  • This is Freemers using CD's log in..... image

Minni - I'll be going from London Bridgr, but might end up on the same train as you if you come through from Charing Cross.

Expo was very busy, but got round quickly enough.  Really crap goody bag this yearimage

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    If not Freemers I'll see you there!
  • Jack - Not good news, I had a pissy on last year when I got pen 2. Look at the positives you will be overtaking for most of the race.  Don't waste too much energy by trying to weave through runners and by constantly keep speeding up/slowing down, the field will open up eventually then try and keep at your race pace, what you've lost in the first few miles you will hopefully make up in the last few.

• Just to say a big luck to all for tomorrow! image
  • I was in a foul mood about it earlier but I've calmed down now. I'm just going to enjoy it and soak up the atmosphere, then run at target pace when I can.

Bournemouth marathon in the autumn maybe, for a go at a quicker time.
  • Good luck everyone
  • Wow the build up with lots of you doing the same mara always sounds so exciting each year. Good luck to everyone, and roll on the ballot AGAINimage.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Loved reading all the pre race chatter when I got home. Hope you haven't used up too much energy image . Hope everyone is carb loaded well hydrated ,relaxing and focused. Think about a snack last thing tonight to top up. Hope to see some of you on TV too. So excited and I'm not even doing it. Hope you all achieve your A targets but most of all have a fun day. 

My back is a bit better but I'm glad I've still got a week to recover. 

Chick - I bought my bumbag today ...it will be odd travelling so light to the start of a marathon. Are you running with your phone. I probably won't. Did you get your 12.5 miler done today? I'm thinking if doing mine on Monday Back being well . It's our turn nextimage

• Long time, no speaky! Good luck tomorrow everyone, will be watching on with envious eyes & look forward to the reports, Redders.
  • 2old/chick - this time next week!!!

2old - don't push your back. Rest up. I think it will be great to watch on telly tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing the elites on the Highway @13/14 miles. 

Jack - glad you're more philosophical about it now. 

im all carbed up. Drank plenty. Hope I get some sleep. 5am alarm tomorrow!

• old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭
    BA is being nervous for both of us so I'm scoffing banana custard and looking forward to this time tomorrow with a glass of something cold, white and alcoholic in my hand (and no, I don't mean white spirit)!
  • Quickly popping in to say hello and good luck to all VLMers tomorrow.

Go smash it.

Good news on the house o4s.

Is someone doing forum stalking duties tomorrow? 2old?
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

O4S- white strike cider? Hope the custard stays put 

AA- bet you beat the alarm.Ive bought a foam roller so all will be good. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

FRC- I'm not very good at stalking but will take a peek at some time. Did you run Manchester? Have you recovered ?

• 2old - you were right. Can't sleep!!

• Simon - I'll be joining you on the ballot.

Red - Hi, how's the running?

Not sure why I'm up so earlyimage but least I can get the long run done before the fun begins.  Good luck all, have a great one and enjoy.

• PinkladyPinklady ✭✭✭

Good Luck today everyone. Thinking of you all. Enjoy the day image

We will be stalking & looking forward to all the reports

• COME ON TEAM MINNI!!!!image

• All runners set up on tracking... Check.

Butterflies in stomach... Check.

Off to try my local 3 mile trail loop and will then settle into the sofa. Can't wait for the stories and reports... Oh, and AA's selfie with Mo!image

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Have a great race everyone.