RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Agree re Brendan Foster. Why say things like that before he's even finished!image

Hoping that it's just a case of chip/timing malfunctions re Minni & Free?

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I wanted to shoot bloody Foster for taking such utter rubbish!!! I think it was a gutsy debut and I'm sure there more to follow. Well done Mo. Can we please send Foster into retirement abd let Paula and Dame Tanni do the commentating??

Minni??????
  • ... HOLD THE PHONE... WE'VE FOUND COL... And he's flying!!!

Time to dig deep guys... Sending positive Mojo!image

• Yeah go col, hopefully minni and Freemers  will come back.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Chick- I'm thinking I might have trouble doing 2.08 so maybe I shouldn't bother. Nice to see a Welshman has the fastest marathon times for a Brit. 

Barry- I'm hoping there's a chip glitch for Free and Minni

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Oomph- wow..Cols splits are very consistent. Looking good. 

• How is everyone doing?

Most of the club runners I'm following seem to be slowing maybe with the heat rising?

2old, no didn't run Manchester, was heavy dose of antibiotics and tired for a week. Getting some decent running in though last two weeks.
  • ok, so officially a crap spectator, missed everyone other than k.f.c, hoping to see o4s soon!

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Kiwi-it happens..my other half turned up to watch me finish a HM and I had already finished. 

• TM starting to come home!

• PinkladyPinklady ✭✭✭

Never heard such nonsense from Foster! 

Where's Free & Minni? 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Look like Cols nearly there...c'mon now kick hard ,one last big effort 

• Wow, what a great time to start off with... C'mon guys, dig deep.

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    DNF. FFS. My foot went big time, so called it a day @ 14 miles. Pissed off doesn't begin to describe ir! Hope the rest of the team bring it home.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Free(((( )))))

• Freemers - That's shocking bad luck, you were going so well.image 

• PinkladyPinklady ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear Free, you were doing well so understandable that your pissed off

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Congrats to AA and Ant. 

• (((Free))) - What happened, you were flying? Alcohol, rest and smash the next one!

Ant & AA - Superb times guys.image It looked hot out there?

• Quick drop in - so sorry to hear that Freemers.

Well done Ant & AA image

• oh no Freemers, gutted for you!!!

shall head to Chandos now, navigating the tube will be fun!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    ((Freemers)). Guess minni had to drop out as well?

Congrats AA and Ant image

Just went for a run. Windy out there and hot. Only 15 degrees but it sure felt hot. Bas.
  • Ant & AA superb times.

Freemers gutted for you.

Where is Minni?
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Chick- yes it's warm and windy here. Today's marathon reinforces my doubts for week Monday. 

There will be mixed emotions in Chandos

O4S - that was an absolutely amazing run. So impressed. 

Enjoying - understatement!-watching the Liverpool game

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    On my way home - sorry guys but I don't think I'd be very good company in Chandos!

But great results from AA and Ant, and I'm guessing Col was good too? News from KFC?

I've seen O4S and BA's results - they should both be really pleased image

I know Minn's family were going to be watching on Tower Bridge so I'm guessing that's where she stopped.

My foot is throbbing image
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Freemers, any idea what the foot thing could be? Hope it's short lived...

2old: same here. 26.2 is one he'll of a distance and I'm so scared my back could give way. We are going to drive 3000+ miles across the US after the marathon and I don't want to be in pain for weeks on end

Over on the p&d Fred there's a mixed bag of results too. Some smashed their targets others failed miserably. Can't wait to hear their stories ....
  • FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Chick - I've had the foot thing since the end of last year. Podiatrist reckons it's PF, although until today I've been able to run on it as it eases off pretty quickly. For whatever reason it didn't ease off today and got worse so I was limping by Tower Bridge. If you look at my 5k splits I was doing 22.xx for the first three, and then 24 for the next one.

I stopped half way over Tower Bridge and initially was going to call it a day then, but thought I would give it a couple more miles. But by 14, my right quad was starting to hurt - I think that leg was probably over compensating for the left foot. Anyway then it was a pretty easy decision - although I went through half way in 1.36.xx I already knew I wouldn't be going under 3.15 or anything close, and I didn't want to hobble round to a time I knew wasn't anywhere near what I wanted. So I made my way to the nearest station and did the "journey of shame" back to the finish to find my Mum (who was spectating in the last mile and would have been waiting for me to come through) and then collect my bag.

Bizarre thing - at the Green start I bumped into a guy I know from Norwich, who used to be a 2.3x runner and now (in his 60s) was still gunning for sub 3. Then, when I went to get my bag, you have to go into a special area where they bring the bag to you if you haven't finished, and the same guy was sitting there having blown his calf at 16 miles. He was bang on pace too, so we shared our collective guttedness!

I did see the lead runners come back down the course shortly before I stopped, and saw Mo at that point too - the wall of noise from the supporters and all the runners on the other side of the course was incredible. It was worth going those extra miles just to hear that.
  • Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi Freemers, Sorry to hear of your bad luck, I guess Minni has had problems also? You are probably feeling crap at the moment, but you made the right decision at the time and have prevented any further damage. At least now you can go away and fix the problem and hopefully come back stronger.

Hi Jack,kfc,Ant AA, col. Well done, it looked like it was getting warm out there? Great time creeping under 3:15 col!

On the Brendan Foster subject, I thought he was well out of order today. I don't think he really needed to make those comments, but then the British media always like to put the boot in. I don't think he would have appreciated the same comments had it been him in that position. I personally do think Mo should stay with the 5 & 10K for a while longer so that he can establish himself as a real legend at those distances, but I am sure he knows what he is doing image

• kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭

Quick check in - 3.42 from me.  Ahem.  Turns out that training helps.  Got as far as 16M on 3.25 pace, then my legs protested.  Switched to a 10 minute mile "strategy", enjoyed the music and milked the crowds for all they were worth.  

Lovely to see minni & family, freemers, O4S, kiwi, bro and mr bro.  Looking forward to hearing more about everyones day!

• Chin up Freemers, you seemed quite chipper at the pub.  Sorry to see you sooner than expected - roll on Abingdon!