Wednesday 16th April

GobiGobi ✭✭✭
Lyrics: You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right What: 6-8hrs on the bike Why: training holiday Last hard: Monday Last rest: Friday 28th March It is lovely here

Comments

• Morning Gobi

Cracking sunrise here

Back later

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Good Days Bad Das by Kaiser Chiefs.

Enjoy the change of scenery Gobi.

What:               easy run
    Why:                easing back in to it
    Last hard:        13/4
    Last rest:          12/4

Lyrics - think so.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • mavamava ✭✭✭

Morning all.  The lyrics sound familiar but can't place them. 

Hello birmyre

Dustin - in two minds about Friday.  First about whether to do it and then whether to just keep on with my training plan and run it on tired legs or to taper down slightly (i.e. not do the session I've got set for Thursday) and try to PB.  Of course, I could do my session and try for a PB!  We still haven't really decided whether to do it anyway.  Scotty seems to have his running mojo back after Sunday though which is a good thing!

LMH - I had great customer service from Garmin when I got a recon unit a while back, but yes, I do think it takes them a while to respond initially.  The unit came through really quickly though and has worked fine since. As good as new I think.

Foam rolling eh Dibs?  Keep at it as it really does become less painful the more you do it!

As for me

What:  jog up to the gym, legs, then jog down again (will take the longer way round though to make the run a decent warm up)
    Why: I can fit a gym session around my  meetings today
    Last hard: ??
    Last rest: Sunday

See you later.

• Morning LMH and mava

Coffee calling.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all, lovely day for a run! Saw the sunrise here too birkmyre, was a good one!

Heading out shortly, not sure how far as yet. image
  • A bit gray here

what: pool swim this evening, work allowing

why: Wednesday, getting to grips with crawl

last hard: monday

last rest Sunday

lyrics: no

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    +1 for what mava said about foam rollering!
    Also either way, good luck for Friday, the forecast is promising!
    Glad holiday is fun Gobi, didn't join in Paris-Roubaix?!?
    Glorious sunrise here too, do like it when its (almost) daylight leaving the house

what - 7 easy lunchtime
    why - recovery. Club session last night and first real speedwork in weeks. 4x1800s with 200 slow jog recovery. Clung on during rep #4
    last rest - 11 days
    last hard - yesterday

lyric - yeah I think so

• Busy on here today ehimage

Morning OH, dustin and don

• Cracking morning here. With a bit of luck I'm going flying, taking the wife and D2 down to Cornwall for the day. It all depends if the plane is in full working order. It was OK at the weekend, but these old machines seem to have a life of their own.
    Pilot to parachitist "You won't find me jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane".
    Parachutist to pilot "I've yet to come across one".

Anyway, the bike has cost me more in parts recently. 2 years and 3000 miles, replace chain block, chain, front gear changer. Good job I had the confidence to set it all up myself. Chance to clean and grease bearings too. She's humming nicely now. 

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning

Blisters  You're a  pilot  - very nice

Chickadee all the best ( know i'm early)

lovely day here sun is out  but a little  nippy on the hands

What: 30 mins run later after a  sleep
    Why: Its the plan
    Last Hard: Whats that
    Lyrics familiar

Alehouse Can't do LFOTM next week something has come up at work can't get out of it but should be good to go in  May when its the PFOTM (penultimate Friday of the month) Have told them so least someone  can run this month instead

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Blisters, wow, that sounds great.

All, I have no idea what all this rolling stuff is about but I'd love to find out.

9 miles in 68 minutes this morning. After the nice sunrise, it has greyed over and was actually a little cold!  

Lyrics, I think so, 75% certain. 

• Hope she's serviceable and you have a nice day out Blisters.

mava - should be a nice day for a race and you can always think of it as speedwork.

Shame about LFOTM Pamie.

Donaldo - the foam roller is a great way of inflicting pain on yourself rather than paying someone else to do so!

Any races planned Dustin?

Lovely bright, still, sunny morning here too and only a touch of frost first thing. I have legs that just keep on giving - 7 miles easy this morning came out at an average 8.01min/miles!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Enjoy, Blisters. Mr. Chick is a private pilot (and parachutist) image

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

chickadee - you do proper training with intervals, hills and all sorts - the speed is there, just add the belief!

Funny thing is that my running was really a bit rubbish after that last speed session that seems to have woken up my back injury image. Right now I'm severely lacking confidence it will hold up over 26.2 miles at race pace. I've already decided that going forward there will be no more silly fast stuff in training.

mava wrote (see)

Morning all.  The lyrics sound familiar but can't place them. 

foam rolling eh Dibs?  Keep at it as it really does become less painful the more you do it! 

Ah, that's where I go wrong. I always wait until my legs are tired and sore image

what: 9 miles (yes, NINE because I thought 4.5+4.5=7). Damn taper nerves image
    why: I'm an idiot
    last hard: reading about last night's explosions in Boston image
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lyrics yes for once..

chickadee that's shocking about Boston again! Oh dear re 9 - taper brain....

pammie shame you cant do lfotm, you do most of them don't you?

blisters I think my bike is needing some attention, lower bracket creaking a bit!

what: kettlebells done, tempo run later

why: I have a wedding at the end of May , shift some belly!

last hard: yesterday am

last rest - minday

It's actually my son who is getting married, if you knew him you would all know how shocked I am!! Happy too.

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon all,

LMH:  Have you ever tried doing "proper training" on the bike?  It would be low impact so hopefully you wouldn't break, and you'd get the benefit of pushing your heart rate towards LT/VO2 Max.

• What:  9ish
    • Why:  not going gently into the good night
    • Last Hard:  Thinking I was cruising along nicely and then getting overtaken by a fat person jogging.
    • Last Rest:  Saturday

Have a good one!

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

G'day G'day,

What: 50 mins swim, 45 min bike, 30 min run

Why: Coz I loves it image

Lyrics: I think so!

Easy day of all 3 sports. During running I concentrated on bending and bringing my knee forward. Seemed to keep my hips more level, no idea if a good or bad thing to do! I am growing more and more confident about the tri- I am covering more distance than I need to in training and feel that I could do more.

Chick- How is your back feeling now??

AF- your posts usually make me laugh!

Mava- Oh boy yes.. it hurts hurts hurts!! The worst is when it hurts.. and then you force your muscle to relax on it and it hurts more!! ouch!!

• Dibs:  you should see me "running"; you'd have hysterics!

• AF - the bike (well, turbo) is where I do any interval or threshold work.

chickadee - relax, your back will be ok, it's the taper talking.

Dibs - when I had running rehab I was taught to keep my hips level and forward, run as though I had a string pulling up through the top of my head, ensure my foot landed underneath rather than in front of me and relax my shoulders, all things I still think about, especially when I'm getting tired.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Wabo: if my eldest son ever gets married I will be shocked too! Re your Achilles, the general advice now seems NOT to run on grass unless it is quite firm: the ankle/calf/Achilles have to do more work. Ideally you should run on shale/cinders/gravel, apparently, and road is better than soft grass. Usually with an Achilles problem there is an underlying problem, particularly the calf not being strong enough. Post Achilles op I learned all sorts of things that might have avoided the knife, "Alfredson's Protocol" being one of them!

What: 7.33K, partly off road, and I had planned the rest to be on shale, on a route near my mother's. For some reason this country footpath has now been ashphalted, and the surface is better than any road I know. Shame they don't appear to have put any drainage in.

Why: easy run, which I am pleased to say are gradually getting easier and longer.

LMH: sounds like a very quick recovery run to me! Can you squeeze a half marathon in during early/mid May (if I remember the tri is end of June)? (Very) hard training run and plenty of time to recover.

Lyrics: I believe I do

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'd have to run it untapered Alehouse - most I'm likely to do is to take a rest day the day before my HIM. I'll have to look for something during my autumn marathon training or after Abingdon.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

LMH: when's the HIM? Hope you saw me wave about 2 o'clock!

Pammie: I was all set to do LFoM in May, and then discovered a couple of weeks ago it will be the previous Friday, and I am working then. June, hopefully! Suspect July clashes with the Commonwealth Games (spectating, not racing, before you ask!).

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • The HIM is the 1st June, full the 29th and I have another half at the end of July - but only the full is a target race, the first will be trained through and the second will be at the end of my recovery. One day I'll tempt you in.........

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

EVening all

What: jog too and from the station to work and back (5ish miles in total)
    Why: car in garage so had to take the train to work
    Last hard: the blisters/sore I now have no my hip from my normally very good backpack image
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Chicka you are going to be fine.  Positive thinking now, you have done the training and you will be amazing (easy to say when it's not you running I know, but we all believe you can do it image )

Thinking of entering the tri world, there's a local one in August...

Have a good one all.

• 1k in the pool, half crawl image

• Chickadee - have fun - it is a fast course - relax and enjoy it!

What 9km 

Why: It's what I do on Wednesdays.

We have very wet, windy conditions here today - not sure if I will be going out in it!

The Royals did you all proud here in NZ - lovely family - they are in Australia now.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Wabo used to do a lot of them then  stopped mainly work and  couldn't  afford to go up to London every month plus I wasn't running much Didn't do one last year Trying to get back into the  habit  this year

Alehouse  maybe see you in June  then

Did my  30 - 2.74 miles legs feel a bit  mashed but they always  do with 8 hours in  feet all night, with lots of knee  bending

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Hi all,

signing off for a few days as going away tomorrow till Friday night...

Take care

• As you might guess, no training today.
    The plane was is fully serviceable condition (that's different to saying that everything was perfect), and the flying was fantastic. Just above the cloud layer, but still in sight of terra firma. Destination Roserrow, Cornwall. It's a holiday complex, golf club, heath centre and a mile from the beach. We hit the beach, paddled in the sea, ate a delightful lunch (it takes a lot to impress me), and flew home. We'll go back.
    This evening was a wine tasting hosted by Tony & Tom Laithwaite. I'm not sober.

Tomorrow is another day. (Cue for lyrics?)