Friday 18th April 2014

Morning. Are we all having a little la in?

Lyrics - I could tie up the bed sheets and slide down the house

Grace won't run with me if it's raining NZC.

What:                   more bike time
Why:                    I need it
Last hard:            13/4
Last rest:             12/4

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning LMH You just beat me to it !

Yesterdays lyrics: Chocolate Girl by Deacon Blue

What: 30mins Steady

Why: to get back into it

Cracking cold sunny morning up here. Frost on car windscreens though !Coffee and catch up.

• Don: Glad yesterdays lyrics took you back. Mrs B was in the same year at school as the Deacon Blue drummer Dougie Vipond

chicka: Enjoy your hols.

• mavamava ✭✭✭

Morning

Been up for ages but couldn't think of a lyric!

What: Folkestone 10
    Why: because it's there

Have a good day.

• What: probably rest

why: on-call

last hard: Monday 

last rest: Sunday

lyrics: no

Go for it Mava!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

What: we'll see how many ks I clock this morning!
    Why: watching Salford 10k and catching up with friends and possibly some forumites

Beautiful sunny morning (from behind glass: probably rather chilly as yet)

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: rest (again)
    Why: wounds on back too bad to risk infection by running
    Last hard: removing the dressings from them yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Mava, have fun at the Folkestone 10.  We used to have a holiday flat down there and you'll run pretty much right past it.
    Manically tidying as visitors arrive soon for the weekend.
    Have a good one all.

• Working again today from 4.30pm and from 12.00-7.30pm tomorrow

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL, I was out running

What: 12.3 miles including going up Alpe d'Huez d&d before 8am local time

Bike ride later

Why: Training holiday

Last hard: I am doing a lot of solid work but not hard so last hard was Monday

Last rest: Friday 28th March

Lyrics: No
  • Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Morning

What: Bike and Run at some point

Why: I'm up for it !

Lyrics: Nope, but I feel it!! I wanna run away

Emz- you said the wounds on your back were from your backpack??? how on earth? they sound v.sore! 

Mava- Have fun!

• Hope you have a good one mava. I lived in Dover for a while but wasn't running at the time

Nice holidaying Gobi.

My current favourite band to listen to Alehouse. Hope you have a nice day out.

You do sound sore emzap

Happy to back up yesterday's ride with another 36 miles this morning and pleasantly surprised that sitting on the saddle again wasn't as hard as I thought it would be image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: 7.5k with some stops
    Why: difficult to run and watch the race without stopping! The running that I did, though, was slightly quicker than usual. Quite a quick but decidely unexeciting two lap course around sunny Salford. And it was: nigh on perfect racing conditions.

LMH: keep hearing this particular song on the radio lately.

Mava: hope it was fun.

Gardening shortly.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Catch up...5 miles Wed with m'boy, off road and fun but bit of a struggle. Thursday off as long haul to N Wales and back then today took him out for his hardest training run yet. 9 miles filled with hills....

Lyrics: Nope
    What: As above
    Why: No work so good opportunity to up his training level.
    Last Hard: Just done
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Emzap: Ouch...brings back memories of 58 pattern webbing

Have a good day all.  Chickadeee, get ready for the time of your life and enjoy.

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

All done! Bike 30 mins, run 30 mins. Was tough today.. legs quite tired. Might do some foam rolling and stretches.

4 weeks till triathlon!! 5 weeks till Cape Town! 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hi all, 
    Chicka - enjoy
    Mava - good luck!
    what -10.5 miles off road.
    All on trails & fields bar a couple of road crossings, amazing how a lot of the fields are bone dry now yet 6 weeks ago some were under a few inches of water!
    why - too good to be stuck indoors. Garden beckons for this afternoon.
    last rest - 13 days
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - possibly

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Mava - Hope it went well

LMH How are you feeling  after sunday (you too postie if your about

What: 30 minutes -2.91 miles
    Why: its the plan
    Last Hard: Wednesday
    Lyrics No

/

• mavamava ✭✭✭
    Hello. Well no PB at Folkestone BUT a course best by almost 7 minutes. The last time I did this race was back in 2009. So 5 years older but 7 minutes faster. And only around 40 seconds slower than my PB. I'll take that. Time was 1:39 and change. Waiting for official time.

I paced it badly and died on my a***e. Was hanging on from 8 miles. Perhaps if I'd tapered and not done a hard legs session at the gym on Wednesday I would have had that PB.

I know I worked hard. I haven't felt this shattered after a race for a while! Can I maintain that pace for another 3 miles at my half in 2 weeks? That is the question.

Hope you're all enjoying your Friday.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Mava...and yes, with a mini taper and good pacing you will crack the half! Which one is it?
  • That's a good result mava and I agree with Alehouse, a little taper will make all the difference.

Surprisingly good thanks Pammie.

Don't go injuring yourself in the garden Dustin - these domestic chores are dangerous!

• mavamava ✭✭✭
    Thanks LMH and alehouse. A gel or some kind of energy at half way will also help. It's Worcester Half. A friend is doing it as her first. She wants to run with me but she's an "eyeballs out till I die" type of runner and I'm not sure she'll be prepared to stick with me at the start! My half PB is now 9 years old so a tough ask!
  • Run your own race mava - you'll have a much better chance.

• Well done Mava!

What: Walk/coffee/walk

Why: Nice time with family.

Good running everyone!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Well done Mava - yes agree with LMH for the  half all the best

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

Happy days....image Stayed over in MK last night as was originally meant to be going for a marathon PB..... that all changed a while back as you know injury got in the way (so dammed inconsiderate...)

However, we still went and I dropped to the half, a nice good move, and 3 and 1/2 laps later crossed the line with only a few aches and pains in 1:38:26, (well over a minute slower than PB pace).

Loved it, felt free was in 5th pace at the start (not inc the relay teams) moved up to 4th half way through the 1st lap, and stayed there till 12m once I had closed down 3rd place (that took over a lap to do) then put he burner on a tad to get and maintain the gap to finish in 3rd......

Splits - pretty good not sure where the 7:51 came from as didn't feel tired at 11m, and the 7:14 in the last mile was opening it up a little.... 7:28, 7:29, 7:24, 7:27, 7:27, 7:37, 7:40, 7:32, 7:34, 7:39, 7:51, 7:32, 7:14, .26

Good day now tired and aching......(in a good way)image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done Mavaimage

• Well done Mava, and congrats on the podium place RFJ.

Quiet day here, and nowt wrong with that. No training, but Gobi will be pleased to hear that I got the MGBGT out, gave her a good greasing and topped up all the oil (that had leaked out). A blast in the countryside proved to be what was needed for the soul. Happy days.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Mava and RFJ, very good races today, we'll done to both.

I've been at a family gathering in Tighnabruaich today but managed 6 miles this morning.  Slightly worse for wear this evening and very sunburnt.  Great day. image