Sub 3h15

Comments

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Lit - Great report, enjoyed it immensely and you totally nailed it.

• Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭
    Well played Speedy. Cracking report - great run - brilliant time.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Great reports, Lit and Speedy.

As Mr. Fish has hinted, Maidenhead Easter 10 for me yesterday.  Finally got the sub 65 monkey off my back, although 64.28 is still slower than HM pb pace... I suspect I was 2nd lady because most fast girls are in marathon recovery mode, but I'll take the glory.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

2nd lady! Well done Jools - did you win a prize?

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Fantastic race Jools!

That is a class photo of Poacher and I'd say that's a perfect outfit for the Coastal run.
  • Time keeper at parkrun this morning, still waiting for the foot to recover. I took my running kit to the office on Monday but thought I'd give it a miss, then Tuesday went and noticed I had no shower gel or shampoo, so missed Tuesday. Wednesday, armed with shower kit, I saw I had no towel so missed Wednesday. Thursday took a day holiday to take down a fence and dig post holes and yesterday rebuilt the fence. Relatives today, then Easter Sunday tomorrow, child back to university on Easter Monday, overnight with my parents up Gul way, and I'm interviewing university students on Tuesday so may run Wednesday. 9 days off should actually clear a lot of things up.

Saw a Beeston AC runner at parkrun and he knows lit: seems her fame is widespread.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

There's only abut 50 of us, PMJ. Was it Geoff?

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Minni wrote (see)
    . image (I know that sounds slow compared to a lot on here but I'm not a sub 3 marathoner!!!)
    Don't forget the word YET at the end of that statement Minni image
    Speedy - Great report but sounds like you had too much left at the end maybe your getting ready for Ultra's 
    Literatin-Great report and with that rate of progress wonder what you can achieve next time outimage
    Jools- great 10 miler.
    For me cold cold took a good hold yesterday hopefully shake it soon resting today.image

• literatin wrote (see)

There's only abut 50 of us, PMJ. Was it Geoff?

Seems to be him and his daughter Elizabeth (Bea, Bella, Belle, Bert, Bess, Bessie, Bet, Beth, Bethanne, Bethey, Betsy, Betta, Bette, Bettina, Betty, Birdie, Bizzy, Blair, Buffy, Effy, Ela, Eli, Elia, Eliaz, Elie, Elisa, Elise, Elissa, Eliza, Eliza-Beth, Ella, Elle, Ellen, Ellie, Elby, Ellie-B, Elly, Els, Elsa, Elsie, Elsinue, Elspeth, Ely, Elza, Eya, Giz, Ibby, Ilsa, Isabel, Izabel, Izabeth, Izzie, Izzy, Lib, Libby, Lible, Lidabet, Lies, Liesel, Lila, Lili, Lilibet, Lilibeth, Lilie, Lilla, Lillah, Lilli, Lillibet, Lillibeth, Lillie, Lilly, Lily, Lisa, Lisbet, Lisbeth, Lisette, Liska, Lissa, Lissy, Liz, Liza, Lizbet, Lizbeth, Lizzeh, Lizzie, Lizzy, Lola, Nes, Prag, Sissi, Tess, Tibby, Tizzy, Wib, Wibby, Zabby, ZaZa or whatever nickname they use).

• Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭
    Great sub 65 10 Jools and a nice 2nd place - you should always take the glory!

Another easy run in the sun today. About 5 miles of trails and fields.
  • moofmoof ✭✭✭

Great reports, Lit and Speedy.

Fantastic effort from you too Jools, I wanted to run that one but family life got in the way.

I ran Newbury parkrun this morning with plenty of people there to pay tribute to the guy who died in the London marathon as this was his local parkrun. Lots of people wearing coloured bands supporting his charity.

A minute silence before the start gave everyone a chance to reflect. On a beautiful sunny spring morning I was glad to be there able to do what I love, but also a little sad for the poor guy and his family. Life can be tough.

I shot off fairly hard into a strong headwind and managed 18.19 for 3rd place. 10 miles in total this morning.

• Love your report Lit! And I think I need to invite myself over for dinner at your place. You can cook! I have porridge or beans or toast for tea most days.  

Ran a marathon - no blisters. went shopping for an afternoon in Newcastle - FOUR blisters. 

• Nice 10 miler Jools. My 10 mile PB is also slower than my HM PB pace. In fact, it might even be slower than my marathon PB pace now I think about it! 

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Great reporting, witty too, and decent punctuation/spacing. 10/10

I'm kind of inspired by you lot to think about ditching the silly stuff and trying to schedule a proper faster mara attempt some time - maybe even to prove sub 3 was no fluke

Lorenza - shocking pic, didn't realise it was that bad a look.   I think the bloke behind is taking a sneaky look at my a**e imageimageimageimage 

• Cracking stuff Jools - a silver medal is not to be sniffed at.

Great race reports from Lit and Speedy. I need to know your secrets (or does it just come down to hard work and plenty of miles!)

Parkrun for me this morning to see whether my legs had any speed in them at the moment. Ran to feel so pleased to come out with 19:14, less than 30s outside the PB I set a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately I've now lost bragging rights in the family: younger Lorenzito shot off at the start and I was hoping to be able to catch him, but I had no chance and he ended up with 18:28 for a PB by over a minute and a WAVA score of just over 78.5%. It also suggests that he should be able to do a sub 3 hour marathon.

Oh well, time to dig out the slippers and pipe and let the young 'uns take over.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

Lorenzo- get yourself and your son booked into a marathon in the next few weeks and see if he can keep up with you, that should tip the balance back your way for a while.

• Lorenzo, I have to run many, many miles. Literatin gets away with fewer due to being more talented than me. How old is your speedy son?

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I do run quite a lot of miles. Younger Lorenzito is still faster than me at parkruns though. Speedy, you are very welcome for dinner, though I suspect you have Special Dietary Requirements.

• Blown away totally by those race reports, Speedy and Lit, and feeling pretty useless reflecting on my own spineless, sorry showing this year.

I went out for the first post-VLM recovery and it proved to be premature. 5k @ 8:00mm and everything that posssibly could hurt, did, and worryingly, still does - achilles tendon, left knee, right ITB and now the inside of my left quad feels like it's torn.

I am going to take at least the next week off while I consider if this much pain and discomfort - walking more than 200 yards is almost unbearable due to the pain my left knee - is worth it, especially given such poor results.

I would be straight down the doctor's clamouring to get this knee operated on, but it is just not convenient at all this year.

Sorry about this post, but I feel absolutely sh*t.

• That's rubbish Ant. If it's any consolation my left hammie is really sore and my left heel is also giving me grief. I suspect that these are shopping injuries to go alongside the 4 blisters. I have no intention of running until Tuesday at the earliest. Largely because I didn't actually bring any kit to Newcastle with me, but also because it will hurt.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Ant, I am in awe of your rude scrabble skills.

• Ant - just one of those sounds pretty awful, but in combo I can understand why you're feeling sh*t. How long can you leave it for before you go to the docs?

Speedy - what kind of shopping were you doing to give you such injuries? I've warned Mrs L that I'll need to step up the mileage to have a serious crack at sub 3.

As for younger Lorenzito, he's 13 and a half so will be a while before he can do a marathon, but I'm sure I ran a half when I was his age. What exactly are the rules about how far juniors are allowed to run in a race? There was a very interesting discussion on the MT podcast a few weeks ago about why juniors in this country weren't allowed to run the kind of distances their African and Japanese counterparts were.

• Got a P.B as such in the park run today? 19:52 but turned up late for the start so started about half a mile to a mile behind! so don,t know what their clock says? going to be a PW by a long way! great stuff! all part of the fun of it!

You guys just get better!!

Ant- don't beat yourself up you raced a similar time to me and I'm delighted with my time! just learn from the blisters! ouch.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    (((Ant))) - you need more rest. I normally take 2 weeks off after a marathon. Stick

to scrabble for another week or two.image

Your boy is good Lorenzo. Takes after his dad, obviously.

I've been for a lovely bimble in the hills followed by a short blast on the bike. In my dreams this new approach is going to lead to me smashing 30 mins off my marathon time...
  • Lit/Minni - I also had "vaginal" in the same game...

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Did you cock up in the end.....?
  • Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭
    Lit - Just taken the time that your report deserves, to give it a proper read. Inspirational stuff.

Minni - Nice run and bike session. I do lots of cycling. How is your hip?

Ant - It's early days from London. I know that you know this, but take time to rest and recover - is it worth it? More than likely. A few years back following a climbing accident, I had 2 operations on my right knee (hence the lots of cycling). Very frustrating at the time, but a great decision in the long term.
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

CC2 and Lit - Great reports and well done again!

Jools – Well done on the sub 65 and 2nd place 10 miler

Moof , Lorenzo and Rich – Good Parkrunning

Ant – Sorry to read about your injury problems. Rest up.

I ran 27.2 miles yesterday then my longest ever run of 35 miles this morning. So that’s 100k within a 30 hour window and now I just need to run it all in one go in June! Today’s run went well finishing in 4:34 without any pain or niggles. I only took a mouthful of raisins at the start and two more during the run with a litre of fluids, so was definitely being fuelled by fat late on. A great confidence booster.image

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

Sounds rough Ant. Hope you recover quickly and your appetite comes back. 

Excellent reports from the fast femmes. Don't be shy about posting them on here though. We like that sort of thing too!

Lorenzito is a fast boy indeed. Introduce him to booze, fags and girls - that'll even things up.

Brick session this morning after a couple of quite uncomfortable nights with the hip. Like Speedy, walking doesn't agree with me. Ulverston sprint triathlon tomorrow to blast some cobwebs away. 

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

Nice one Badbark!