Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• well done DJ, only you know if Brighton will be a good idea, but you have a whole year, and hopefully more time for yourself and all the other things in life so maybe this might be the right time?

• Hi everyone!

A slow 2 miler with my dog.  Don't often run with him, but he was a good distraction.  Felt ok.  Will be doing parkrun on Saturday.

Have a good Easter.

• Morning

Nice 12.3 miler for me this morning. Lovely gorgeous sunny day. Going a nice walk with Chico up the reservoirs and hills in a bit so as he can have a swim in the water.

DJ Only you can decide about Brighton but it is a whole year away and plenty of time to build up your fitness even with short runs to start with. it all counts. Take care xx

Lainey Well done on your 2 mile run..take care at Parkrun and try not to go out too fast as your legs are still recovering.

Hope everyone  has a lovely weekend. I am working Sat and Sunday but off today and Monday.

Chilli...please pop in and tell us that your okay. We are all worried about you

• hi everyone

had a lovely last day of holiday, beach at Rhossili on the Gower which is just beautiful and a walk and big piggy lunch! OH got all the beach stuff ready and put my running shorts in the bag instead of eldest son's trunks!! We did persuade him to put them on though so he could go and play in the sea! 

franny - well done on your long run

lainey, don't try for a pb at parkrun tomorrow! 

• Haha, no chance!  I need to stop at the café on the way around as the regulars donated some money.  Lovely, eh?  So that's my excuse! weighed down by my medal!!

• Morning

Deejay,glad to see you are recovering and getting out running again and like Matschick said, only you know if Brighton is a good idea.

Hi lainey, well done on your run, just take it easy

I was going to do parkrun this morning but cold came back yesterday making me feel rough again so gave it a miss. I will try a plod tomorrow as not long till the great midlands.

Hope everyone has a great day.

• hi all

Lainey - hope you enjoyed parkrun

ecky - damn lurgy! Hope you feel better soon

well, we are home now, shopping done, back to reality image I did get out for a little run though once I had been to the supermarket.

• Hi everyone!

I have some sticky ginger cake with tiny pieces of stem ginger, chocolate crispy easter nests and salted-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-flapjack specially made for training fuel. Any want to come over for Easter tea tomorrow?

Sorry, I haven't been around. Sounds like you've all been busy! Congrats to MC and Lainey! loved reading your reports image

And AF has entered an Ultra image

I haven't been doing much running, although I have been doing quite a bit of slow cycling with my girlies. Last week I had a follow up appointment with the doctor at the hospital and mentioned my extremely low stamina levels. She said it is my body reacting to the operation and refusing to work harder when I want to run.

So, I simply have to wait until my hormone/chemical/whatever levels catch up and my body decides to work properly. I have a marathon booked for the end of Aug and time is now running out in order to begin training. Feeling a bit bummed about it image but such it life. On the plus side I'm having a lovely time cycling with my girls including Smidge who managed her first 'long' bike ride of 9 miles last week image

• morning all

chili - so glad you have popped in to let us know you are ok (and to share some lovely sounding cake!). Listen to your body and just see how it goes. Well done to smidge image

I have woken up with a headache and sore throat and no desire to do anything image so no bike ride, just couldn't face it. And we are off to the in-laws today and when I get back I have to cook a roast dinner, so even if I am feeling better then there is no time to get out. Also need to start doing school work, but can do that at the in-laws

• Morning,

Good to hear from you Chilli.Is the marathon the Thames Meander?

The ultra I have bookde is the Downs Link Ultra which a few of us from the club are doing. Could be interesting/painfull!

Lainey-How did the park run go? Are you fully recovered form last week?

Did a lovely hilly 10 miler on Friday & 5.8 yesterday..resting today.

• *BOUNCES IN BECAUSE LENT IS OVER AND CAN EAT CAKE* MOOOOOOOOORNING.

Awwww no Mathschick, sorry you are feeling unwell. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Chilli, save a space for me please, I hope your body starts behaving soon and you can get back to running normality.

Get you Boss with an Ultra image. It doesn't seem two mins since you were toying with a Marathon.

No running for me today as still recovering from stinky cold which finally seems to have gone. Today will be a day for eating cake and the lovely fruit and nut easter egg hubby got me.

• Happy Easter everyone!

Ecky-enjoy your cake! hope you feel better soon.

Chilli, so good to hear from you.

MC-get well soon.

AF- So fantastic that you are doing an ultra.  Be reading your training reports with interest.

parkrun was great.  Record attendance (London Marathon inspired?) and I jogged (and chatted!!) around with the ED who sweetly ran with me as she is miles faster than I am.  Really enjoyed it and a couple of miles this morning.  A 10k in May is next up then a few other races and still contemplating an October marathon!

• Happy Easter everybody!

Hope you have all had a nice day with lots of chocolate.  We had an Easter egg hunt in the garden this morning with the mini eggs my mum had sent from England followed by Birthday Cake as it was small son's seventh birthday yesterday. We couldn't celebrate yesterday as daughter was in Istanbul for 3 days competing and hubby had gone to watch her too.  She came back late yesterday evening and has gone again for two days to Konya representing Turkey image in an International 'Rumi' Games for Children (It is Children's day on Wednesday.) About 6 countries are involved, including the Czech Republic, Iran, Uzbekistan, Cyprus.....and she is staying in a lovely 5 star hotel. So busy busy for her and a great opportunity (although she wll have missed 4 days of school.image

Anyway, I'm just ticking over with treadmill running and swimming.  Not much to report. We're not coming to England this year so no more races until Istanbul again in November. Tempted to try the marathon instead of the 15K but we'll have hot weather in August and Ramazan in July and then back to crazy school in September so I don't now whether I can get the necessary training in.... Needs some thinking on.

BFN folks. xx

• evening

Jude - how did your daughter get on in the competitions? Sounds like a lovely Easter day.

Lainey - well done at parkrun

no swimming tonight so we have had roast dinner with pudding image

• Morning all

MC - three races: two 3rds and one 4th in her age group (in Turkey).  Not bad!image

Roast dinner sounds good...

Beautiful day here.  We have a school holiday Wednesday afternoon and Thursday because of Children's Day.  Hooray!!! And we miss one day next week because of May Day! image

Have a good day all. xx

• morning

well done to your daughter Jude, hope she was pleased with that. Enjoy your days off

I have still got a headache and sore throat so no biking or running again for me - getting fed up and no doubt I am being very grumpy!

back to work tomorrow image

• Jude-Well done to your daughter.   

MC-Get well soon.

Ecky-good to hear from you.  

Decided after so much lardy food to go for a long run so did 11.7 miles this morning which felt good.    

• MC - Get well soon. Hope work goes well.

AF - well done on your 11.7 miles.

More news about daughter.  (sorry.....) She has just phoned from Konya to say that she has come first in the 100m backstroke final and knocked 3 seconds off her PB. imageShe also was given another tracksuit, swimming cap and t-shirt for the Turkish national team but immediately spilt her lunch down the t-shirt!image

Gonna try and find a photo on facebook....

• Thanks Lainey,I'm much better now and the cake was lovely. Cheesecake with choc muffin bits.

Hi Jude, hope your Son had a lovely Bday. Jude, you must be so proud image

Mathschick, I hope you feel better soon image

Hi Boss, I too have had far too much lard so need to run. Well done on your miles. Mine was a walk today but did 8miles.

New running club for me tomorrow which is a good distraction as it will be 6 years since we lost Cammie.

• Aw Big hugs to you Ecky(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((thinking of you all today))))))))))))))))))

Well I have entered the VLM Ballot. Fingers crossed for me...now I just need to forget about it until October image

Have a good day everyone............6.15 miles for me yesterday and been to gym this morning.

• Morning

Thanks Franny, don't feel too bad this morning. I had my little meltdown last night. I also have put in for the ballot. How fab would it be if we all got in image

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Thinking of you today Ecky. xxx

• morning

ecky - thinking of you and your family today xxx

I didn't bother with the ballot for London, I just don't think I would enjoy the crowds

still feeling grotty so have stayed off work, I got up and showered and reaslised I just wouldn't have made it through the day image

• Afternoon,

Ecky-thoughts are with you and your family today.

Jude-Well done on your daughter. That sounds like a smashed PB!

I have also entered the London marathon- fingers crossed. If I don't get a place,hopefully, I will get one of the two club places!

Bit achey and niggly today so no run this morning,but, did do bootcamp.

• Jude - forgot to say well done to your daughter! The food spill made me chuckle though image

• Thanks all.

Mathschick, I hope you feel better soon.

• thanks ecky - hope the new running club goes well

• I am really excited, I love meeting new people image

• Ecky- big hugs to you today. Good luck tonight at the running club.

jude- that's brilliant! Congratulations to your daughter. Wonderful achievement.

MC hope you feel better soon.

i also entered the ballot and I am going to find who else did.  I know my brother did, but going to see if any of my mates have.  Fingers crossed for everyone.

• Thanks Lainey image. Running club was great and came home feeling like I had pushed myself.