inspirational

Last Sunday I had the pleasure of watching my daughter Alison run the London Marathon, despite the fact that she had suffered injury in the later stages of her training and lost a number of weeks training and was dealt a double blow by getting a chest infection with just a week to go. Despite this she ran anyway a turned in a time of 4 hours. Not only was I proud but I was also inspired.

I decided to at least try to revisit a place I was last at nearly 45 years ago when I last ran for my school cross country team, with Alison help a new pair of runners were acquired, the garish colours these days seems unavoidable image

I mapped out a 5km road route and on Tuesday I ran/walked my first 5km in 45 years, on Thursday I repeated and noticed my breathing was a little better and I am now counting bus stops instead of lamp post as run makers.

Today my legs feel like they belong to someone else, my lungs feel like they have been re-inflated, but despite this i am looking forward to tomorrows 5k and more so i am looking forward to when I can get round this in one hit and set a new target.

Comments