Delete that cheating thread!

Why are all the most interesting threads being deleted? 

I feel cheated. 

Comments

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

RW don't want to get sued... 

Maybe we should say hypothetically speaking, and of course we could not imagine anyone doing this, especially Cheating gits like.......

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

don't worry, we still have a great selection of threads on clubhouse, like "are rats really that bad"

"feverish" debate.

• Great idea starting this on a Friday night, now we get the whole weekend to call RW a bunch of head in the sand cheater deniers before they get back in on Monday.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

are you a day ahead Dave, or have I lost a day?

• Dave ..... its Thursday  image

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

But why would RW get sued? When people say meany things on twitters, it's the twits that get dragged down the police station and twitter gets off  Mr Scotland free. 

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Ahhhh. I should have waited 24 hours. 

As perhaps cheaters in races should wait a little longer before they rejoin the course. 

I like the connection. 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

are people reporting the threads constantly, or are we meant to believe RW who these days can take weeks to respond to stuff, are actively scrolling through?

If it's the latter, we need a subtle thread title, and press on as we are.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Nah, I reported some horrific racism the other day and got an out of office (moderator on holiday). Someone must have come in specially.

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

What I don't understand is the threads being deleted.  Comments under the news articles aren't deleted. The news articles aren't deleted.  And surely a front page spread is more inflamatory than questions being raised in a running forum? 

I totally agree that we shouldn't make assumptions and the persons identified are innocent until proven guilty - but surely with freedom of speach, legit questions can be asked and things mulled over?

• If people on here weren't asking the questions, no-one else would be looking for answers.

Makes you laugh doesn't it?

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Perhaps the discussion of London Marathon cheats could be moved to http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/london-marathon-2014-round-up/11450.html

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

There will be nothing left worth reading soon.

• Maybe certain runners who have done quite well in previous Brighton Marathons have been emailing the powers that be.

Unless Jason was worried his Personal Training business wasn't attracting as much business nowadays. Kind of hard to tell your clients to push themselves to the limits, when they can reply 'Like when you sliced about 9 miles off your last run?'

• It can't have been Jason's times - that's been in every paper.

So it must have been the dodgy Brighton time.

I guess there will be some marathon times monitored carefully in the next week or so ? Although that course looks pretty cheat proof. Unless she used the ferry.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Saw today he's a part time model too.  With those calves???

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

I always assume a part time model is code for 'i want to be a model and i have some free time to fill so I will call myself a part-time model and not actually model' or 'my friend once took a picture of me for their NVQ Level 1 fashion portfolio'.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

In the same article (Daily Mirror) he called himself a part time runner.  Er yes, run part of the course!

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Sorry but people say we have freedom of speech? Where does that idea come from! We don't it's an organised and moderated forum where RW towers can bin what they want. I'm not complaining I am just saying seriously it's a bit naive saying we have "freedom of speech" we don't have a 1st amendment in the UK as far as I'm aware and we also put a tick in the box saying we read all the small print. Etc.... When We signed up.

• Good ol Booktrunk ... wherever there is a silver lining, there comes the cloud!

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

So where is the small print?

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Oh no.  I'm naive.  imageimage

But, doesn't the tick box say we have to be nice, not discriminatory etc.  it doesn't say we can't ask questions and debate matters?  And if something is in the news (albeit because of what people have said on here in the first place...) then surely deleting a thread that is debating a news item seems a bit silly?  if there are individual posts that break the terms and conditions - then surely those posts should be deleted and those forum users punished?

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    booktrunk wrote (see)

Sorry but people say we have freedom of speech? Where does that idea come from! We don't it's an organised and moderated forum where RW towers can bin what they want. I'm not complaining I am just saying seriously it's a bit naive saying we have "freedom of speech" we don't have a 1st amendment in the UK as far as I'm aware and we also put a tick in the box saying we read all the small print. Etc.... When We signed up.

The Human Rights Act 1998

Article 10; Freedom of expression

1.  Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.

2.  The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

That makes sense image also if individual posts are deleted it would be nice to see it say post deleted, rather than have no idea it existed. 

kaffeeg wrote (see)

Oh no.  I'm naive.  imageimage

But, doesn't the tick box say we have to be nice, not discriminatory etc.  it doesn't say we can't ask questions and debate matters?  And if something is in the news (albeit because of what people have said on here in the first place...) then surely deleting a thread that is debating a news item seems a bit silly?  if there are individual posts that break the terms and conditions - then surely those posts should be deleted and those forum users punished?

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Are RW a public authority? 

Protection of the reputation..... Yep we never say anything against anyone's reputation.image

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    The real Mr I wrote (see)

Maybe certain runners who have done quite well in previous Brighton Marathons have been emailing the powers that be.

Unless Jason was worried his Personal Training business wasn't attracting as much business nowadays. Kind of hard to tell your clients to push themselves to the limits, when they can reply 'Like when you sliced about 9 miles off your last run?'

Did you have anyone particular in mind?  

http://www.larkfieldac.co.uk/member_result.php?member_id=216&race_year=2013 image

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    That's done it now XX1.

How long before this thread gets closed down?
  • XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Millsy -- No one's saying she cheated...  Simply admiring the blinding last 10K of the Brighton Marathon image