Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning all - core for me this morning, not much more to report.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all - how is everyone getting on.

Duesseldorf marathon for me yesterday. Busy day at work but SOC was beautiful this morning image

• morning all

Emmy - hope it went well yesterday, well done image

4 slow sleepy miles for me this morning

• You are a machine Emmy, well done. Gentle spin tonight, I can feel myself getting fatter....

• Morning you lot

Foggy start to the day here !

A 30mins steady off road.

Coffee calling so will catch up later

• Emmy: never realised you were running the Dusseldorf Marathon, opps !

NW Today: 18-20 cows, 3 dogs, 1 squirrel,3 small  birds singing on a low tree branchimage

• Morning all - morning birky - weights for me this morning. Misty here too, a deer ran down the road in front of me when I left the house in the gloom. London carnage today with tube strikes, inexperienced cyclists and bus users everywhere.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Out at 0445 for 11 with my early crew friends, sub 7.30 pace shows how far 2 of them have come, as a coach and mentor I am proud of them both.

Nice one Emmy
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Another SOC for me. *Yawn*

Mathschick - thanks! It was a good race

Kate - Hows your quad?

Birky - I hadnt really decided until Friday.... image I had a place but wasnt sure if i was going to run due to feeling utterly cream crackered.

Gobi - How is your training going? That's an amazing pace for so early!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Emmy - a low hr jog, I used to do my 800 metre reps at 0600. Sub 4.30 mile pace, now that is hard early in the morning.
  • morning

didn't get up today in time to do anything as I was awake half the night - work stress I think. Anyway, planning on going to running club tonight, not sure I will keep up with them, but we'll see!

• Out at 5am this morning for a recovery run.  Tough with Tuesday legs after my 15 miler on Sunday - my legs were tired as I set out!  But they did loosen up well and in the end I was wokring hard to keep down to my recovery pace of about 10:30/mile.

Fantastic time of the year to be training though - I love it.  No comparison to the dark, cold and wet mornings through the winter we just had.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    where I live it is still dark at 5am and 2 of the last 3 morning rides I have got soaked
  • Mornng you lot

It turned out to be a cracking warm and sunny day here yesterdayimage

Dull but mild again this morning

30mins Steady.

NW: 2 squirrels, 3 dogs, lots of bluebells in the hedgerows and fields, 18-20 odd cows,1 'Sky' cyclist, 1 other cyclist

Saw a cyclist nearly being in an accident at a roundabout near to our house at about 6.30pm  last night. The car driver never gave way !image Fortunately the cyclist has slowed right down and he had the right of way. Don't know if the sun was in the drivers eyes, but it was a close one for the cyclist.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    cold and foggy in Berkshire.

Saw some right idiots while on the bike.

No lights and jumping lights being the main cycling offences.

Oh well I got a safe 2hrs in
  • morning all

slept better and did a good turbo session this morning - don't feel that my bike lights are good enough to be out in the dark, they are ok for dull days but not darkness

I too often see some idiot cyclists, but then the cars that don't give cyclists room are worst - and I have had problems before on roundabouts and been forced into the fast lane on the exit of a roundabout before by a car pulling out onto a roundabout and not giving me room to exit safely....image

• morning all - turbo for me, with the tube strike still in place countless cycling and motoring offences taking place all over the streets of London town.

• Moring again

Just back from walking Geordie. 'Smiry' rain on now.

There are far too many cycling accidents or near misses  taking place on the roads.

Gobi: Good for you

valis: Big game tonight for Blues.

maths: Glad you're feeling better.

kate; Sorry to hear that the tube strike is on, Can imagine there'll be massive disruption across London and surrounding areas.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Maths - I have a theory that a lot of the idiot cyclists are probably idiot drivers.
  • Morning..

Foggy out this morning but clear and sunny now. 

Two runs yesterday - SOC run and an afternoon hill session. Went for an OW swim at Frensham in the evening but the lake was full of algae. We swam out for a couple of hundred metres in the hope that we'd find clearer water but it was thick with the stuff all the way out so we knocked it on the head. Thankfully no ill effects despite swallowing a few gulps of the murky water! 

NW - algae

ps anyone on twitter? I'm @CojoFilms1

• Gobi: Don't tell me the idiot drivers are the cyclists who wear replica say Sky kit on their bikes then change and wear say Puma Ferrari Formula 1 replica kit when driving !

It should be noted that other cycling and Formula 1 replica kit brands are available. Disclaimerimage

• @PitStopCrew reporting in for duty. image

Working from home today and getting sooooo much done!  Car having it's MOT too which is all good as I've got a 2014 plate Alfa Guiletta on the drive!  Big improvements on my 2011 plate model.  Like it alot!

• A'noon

It's pouring down here today now.

psc: Well done getting so much done when working from homeimage

• erm, I think I am on twitter but can't remember my twitter name - I don't really bother with it much

• new car gone back - courtesy cars are great aren't they! image

Thanks Birky, it's been a good day, but I really should stop now, just realised it's dark outside! It's been a cracking day here, a bright blue warm sunny day.

• I shall have to do some following. Run and 3K swim in the pool, algae free, I'm aware of my leg rather than in pain now, shorter strides so much slower, and I was already slow. PSC, you should have gone on a nice long journey today to make the most of the borrowed wheels.

• valis: Gutted at the result tonightimage

• Morning

Cold, wet and windy start to the day up here. 1st May is it ?

What: 35 mins easy/steady as legs feel heavy and I feel tired.

NW: 2 squirrels, lots of bluebells, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 cyclist.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

the dawn chorus was at its peak as I went out this morning, it was great. 4.5 miles image

• Morning all - tipping down but dry in the garage for some weights. Run, spin, swim later, all nice and easy.