trainers

hello all, what trainers have people tried on a budget when just starting out? im a adidas man but willing to try others if popular enough. i have looked at review sites but wonder if they promote instead of review. i have cheap k swiss at the mo got a blister after 6 mile, wrong socks might also be an issue. any tips welcome.

Comments

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Sportsshoes.com usually do last seasons colours at greatly reduced prices, can get some decent bargains on there, and quite often have extra 5 or 10% off codes. 

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

My running shoes last me about 9-10 months (I seem to be light on them).  So...  do I want to spend 90 quid  or 50 quid on a pair?

Round figures, that's 2 quid a week or 1.   So... it's an activity I do for several hours a week.  Something that keeps me healthy and happy. Something that can injure me if I run on bad shoes.

Even if you assume the cheaper shoes will last the same length of time, then we're quibbling over a pound a week for all that.

If you're short of cash, there are (for 90% of us) dozens of very easy ways to cut out a pound of spending each week. 

Put your priorities in quality shoes. Buy them with the advice from a good running shop. It's well worth it.

I run in Brooks... but only out of habit. I have few problems, and they last me a long time.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    For your first proper pair, I'd recommend investing in visiting your local proper running shop and getting advice from them. They may cost a little more but will make sure you get the right shoes for you. They will also be easier to deal with if they are not right a few weeks down the line.

Once you know what works for you then you may want to go down the route of picking up cheap deals online. But don't be that person who goes to their local shop takes all their advice and doesn't buy the shoes from them.