Lyrics - Heaven is closer now today, the sound is in my ears

Nice to see you Alex.

Well done on the new PB OH.

What:            easy run
Why:             easier day
Last hard:     yesterday's ride wasn't easy
Last rest:      12/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Dream A Little Dream

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning LMH

Lyrics: Yes

Just off out now

Back later

• Morning early birds (LM.H and BM)

What: rest and getting sorted

why: weekend kayaking on Westray planned (in old boat dragged out from retirement)

last hard: Monday

last rest: Saturday

lyrics no

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Nice pb OH & welcome back Alex.
    what - easy run
    why - active rest
    last hard - either Monday or Wednesday, can't remember
    last rest - Sunday
    have a good long weekend!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Morning all.  Nicely done OH.  

Lovely 4 mile run this morning, exploring the area around the hotel.  It was followed by a full scottish breakfast, which was perfect.  I could get used to this CPD lark.

Lyrics, nope.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I know the lyrics :??)

What: easy hour on the bike

Why: some form of rest for the weekends racing

Last hard: Wednesday

Last rest: Friday 28th March

Lyrics : yeah

Have a great bank holiday everyone
  • mavamava ✭✭✭

Good morning all.

What: 5 miles with 3 miles in 28:13 in the middle
    Why: trying to get used to hard
    Last hard: the little bits of uphill during that middle bit
    Last rest: From running - yesterday.

If I had done 3.1 miles at that pace, I would have matched my 5k PB - or very close to it.  All good in the scheme of things.  I'll have a quiet day tomorrow in prep for my half on Sunday.

Enjoy Friday. 

• Morning again

what: 35mns Steady earlier

Why: An extra wee 5mins todayimage

Alex: Welcome back

don: You off on hols again !image

• Still here!

What: 35 mins run/walk
    Why: Building back up again, not going to quit...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

What: 4k fairly gentle
    Why: easy day.

Rejoined Northern Vets yesterday (2nd claim): there is a race on Sunday. You never know...!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Go for it Alehouse.

Sounds promising mava if you can hit those paces in training. I can never train as fast as I race.

I wish I didn't have this triathlon looming. The way I'm running at the moment I could just about believe that the sub 90 half might be possible.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Almost certainly will, LMH: 5k off road. Just need to get into a race: will be a shock to the system! Definitely not an "A" race!

I still think that you should do a half before the tri!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • OH. A'noon.  Missed that earlier !

RHG: Good for youimage 'You know it makes sense !' to quote Del Boy Trotter.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

OH well done on PB
    Ale...Forest of Dean
    Lyrics yes
    What: T-break in Bala posting on RW image
    Why: All I've got time for

Catch all tomorrow, have a great day

• Afternoon all,

LMH: believe

• What:  Hills & Tunnels
    • Why:  you put your left leg in
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest: Yesterday

Have a good long one!

• LM.H - do you ever take a moment to reflect on how far you have come? You're an inspiration. If anyone can do it you can. I got *that* close to sub 2hrs before I had my 3rd little girl, I'm hoping to get back there next year some time, but sub 90 mins, wow.

• LOL - I haven't done it yet RHG image

Alehouse - but if I did I'd have to run it untapered and then I'd have less chance. I don't actually know of any reachable flat, fast courses in the next couple of weeks either, it will have to wait until the autumn and Abingdon - maybe I can find a half between the tri and that. 

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!

All day in theatre yesterday followed by a Hep A injection and a 46min (20km) ride back to Bath on the road bike!! Was fun! My lower back hurt a bit might need to adjust the seat or something.

Will catch up laters over some coffee!!

• I was fit for nothing yesterday oither than a double espresso and a double Jura.

What? Sat on arse.
    Why? You put your left leg out.

I've got a flipping Triathlon race next weekend. I can see it now:
    400m sprint swim
    10 mile sprint bike
    3 mile one legged walk.
    I might need to put a can of beer in the transition box.

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

I would love to see them race photos Blisters in the bike holder have a stubby and then after the finish line have fish and chips awaiting image

Where abouts is that?

• Great that you now have your road bike to train on Dibs.

Blisters - is it just a strain or something worse? If there's no tear and you rest it all week (including doing any swimming with a pull buoy and not doing any standing climbs etc on the bike) you may be ok in a week. Please be careful though, I ended up having to have three months with no anything other than essential walking when I continued training and ran a marathon with bad hamstrings - took that long for the inflammation to settle. 

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

birkmyre - another jolly, yes, it was very relaxing! image  Not quite a holiday but I'll take it!

Another 5 miles tonight in a pacey 36:30 or so.  Enjoyed it and was pleased to do a double double while on my CPD, keeping the weight off ready for my races next week.

• Yeah, LMH, I've not yet had any pro advice (too busy to get an appt)  so it is self diagnosis. I truly don't want to fck it up, as a result I've pretty much canned any ideas of COMPETE. Although I do have a race soon, my plan is to swim hard, bike hard, and then hobble. I'm interested in my swim time.