Saturday 3rd May 2014

Morning

Todays lyrics: 'He's laughing with another girl.'

Off out now

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Feels Like Heaven by Fiction Factory.

Bright and sunny start to the day here but with a light frost.

What:               bike time
    Why:                it's a weakness
    Last hard:        13/4
    Last rest:         12/4

Lyrics - familiar but can't say yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again

LMH: Cracking lyrics yesterday. Great 80's songimage

• mavamava ✭✭✭

Morning all.  Glorious sunny morning here, if a bit on the nippy side.  But the temperature is gradually creeping up.

Don't know the lyrics.

What: 30 minutes very easy, but perhaps with some short bursts at HMP
    Why: half tomorrow
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: ??

I had a very lazy day yesterday after my run - I didn't actually leave the house.  Did a bit of work, did a bit of Spanish. 

I've heard that my current 'big' contract, which was initially until the end of April, then to the end of May, has now been extended again until 13th June.  I've pointed out that I'm on a plane away for 2 weeks at 11am on 13th so they'd better not extend it again!  

Have a good day people.  Good racing anyone who is racing this weekend.  I'll be back tomorrow.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all
    Blisters - in my experience alcohol cures everythingimage so few cans at transition will ease the pain I'm sure.
    LmH - I like the odd wager from time to time and I'd make you odds on to break 90 next time you run a HM. 
    As mava said a glorious start,to the day.
    Was up and out by 6 so just over 2hrs banked. Barely a soul out but plenty of bunnies, birds and lambs. 
    why - too good an opportunity to miss
    last rest - yesterday (opted for lunchtime beers rather than lunchtime run)
    last hard - my legs will later tell me that it was today
    Enjoy the weekend !!

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Quiet on here today guys!

What: 40 mins on the road bike, unfortunately chose a busy route.. spent most of the time praying no one ran me over! Then a 15 min run to the shops to buy food!

Why: can but Tri!

Lyrics: nope!

LMH- what distance tri are you doing? Man to break 90 for a HM would be awesome!

Blisters: In all seriousness, sounds knarly.. heal well mate. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: 2.3k fairly gentle...although I have to say that whilst the pace was gentle, it did not feel that way.

Why: probably the four hours of gardening beforehand. I hope they feel rather better at 11 tomorrow morning!

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Having a rest day before tomorrow's 7.5 mile race.  Nothing to report here!

Lyrics - yes image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

No edit button again! Meant "Hope my legs feel rather better at 11..."

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We knew what you meant Alehouse image

I have a HIM on the 1st June Dibs, but I shall train through that as the A race is a full distance on the 29th June.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! No posting yesterday due to busy day yesterday in work, to enable an early finish to then head to West Wales for the weekend (via seeing to the horse on the way).

What: 5k steady along the coast road with the lambs and ponies. Followed by a nice long walk in the same place with the wife, dogs and littlest one!
    Why: Steady - It's what works
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Last hard: Once upon a time, a long long time ago...
    Lyrics: No (nothing changes!)

Lovely run today and although the effort is steady, rather than easy, I'm not having any after-effects with tightness or soreness on my rest days. Hoping to get out for a swim tomorrow.

Good luck to all who have raced today or are racing tomorrow/Monday.

Back later

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Welcome Back Alex

Good parkrun in 20:38 this morning with 3m as well....

The rest of the day has consisted of a 6 hour round trip to Stoke to watch a pitiful team be relegated to the championship and deservedly so..... sad to say... at least we may win more games next season....

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Well run this morning, RFJ...but disappointed with your team: wanted them to stay up so that Leicester could get at least 6 points next season. Might have to get them off Spurs instead!

Not sure what I am doing tomorrow, now: there is a 5k race within a 10k...M60s are expected to run the 10k. The 5k is for the older age groups. Not ready for 10k yet, so won't know what I'm doing until registration time tomorrow.

Good news from my L37 coachee: parkrun pb of 20:23...and she felt she ran poorly, which is good news!

Look forward to hearing from NZC: I think she will be reasonably pleased with her Rotorua Marathon result. Well done young lady!!

• Decorating.

I hate decorating.

But I would hate anyone else to do it for me.