Sub 3h15

Comments

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Lorenzo - congrats on the 10k PB! You are really flying at the moment. And no, breakfast was not a euphemism, (although I did have some supperimage
    PMJ - I don't think I'll try and emulate Steve Way's 7:xx laps!
    Leslie - hope your hip has improved.
    OO - yes, 48 now or I prefer 30 in hexadecimalimage Great racing in Keswick.
    Badbark - absolutely incredible! Congratulations. Good luck today!
    Poacher - nice day for a birthday (except 1979). Hope you are enjoying the rest of the bank holiday.
    GM - take care.
    Jools - well done on some excellent racing.
    10 miles easy with strides d&d.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Ooof! Legs rejected my plan of lsr today and so I settled for a very sedate 6th @ 9m/m instead. I'll try my planned 15M again tomorrow. ..
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Jools - hope the legs feel better tomorrow.
    PMJ - can you identify these two lads below? It's from a photo in the Lynn News on Friday about the first girls at KES in 1979 (nothing like a local paper for up to date news!). This is the end of the last day as a grammar school in July 1979.
    Having trouble uploading a small enough pic that you can actually see as well! Will try again later.... As you were.

• Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭
    00-51 - Great running at Keswick. 1:25 is fast on that course, especially as you felt comfortable.

BadBark - Great win. You deserved a brilliant run, after the immense training you've been putting in.

Joolska - Nice team racing and sub 11 for 3k.
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Congrats all round it seems, Lorenzo , OO51, Jools and a particular mention to Badbark, great report, super result!

Belated bday wishes to Gul and poacher too.

• Belated happy birthday to Poacher as well as Gul.

Jools - how are you feeling now? Not surprised that you're aching a bit.

Super weather for running this morning and it was made even better by having company of MsE and an energetic Tosca for the first couple of hours.image

An early (6.30am) rendezvous followed by thoroughly enjoyable run out and back along the North Downs Way; non stop chat catching up on life in the States, running plans, some of the lunacy on the this thread, kids' sport and our respective spouses' marathon plans meant that the time just flew by!

Bolted on 6 very undulating miles at the end to give me a total of 20 trail miles for the first time in ages after spending most of 2014 training on the road.

With Mrs L out for a long run as well this morning, can anyone beat the combined husband and wife total of 40 miles?!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Well done Jools, when is your next big race by the way?

Is Mrs L a runner Lorenzo?

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Good day at the track, Jools - no wonder your legs grumbled today  . . . .
    Wonder how Badbark fared in Belfast?
    Fine double for the Lorenzo household  . .

• I enjoyed Badbark's report, but what the hecking hell is this all about;
    "After about 8 miles I caught Noel who didn’t want to chat."

Badbark - In the (very unlikely) event that you should ever pass me at the 8 mile point in a race, please don't be giving me any of your yackety-yak.  I have no doubt that you're very pleasant company, thrilling even, but I'm afraid I won't be in the mood for any social chit-chat, what with, y'know, being in an actual race and having just run 8 miles an' all. 

Happy birthday Poacher & Gul.

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

This is a quick visit to show you this - http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/in-full-belfast-city-marathon-results-2014-1-6039846

Yep, it's me as the main photo on the NI Newsletter results page!

I finished in 3:10:25 at a jog making sure to slow down to be outside 3:09:59 so I would have a GFA qualification for the London Marathon in the pen behind the celebrities. I'm off tomorrow so will write (and read) more then but now I'm away for a wee drink! 

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

Great racing this weekend.

Well done on taking a great chunk off the 10k PB Lorenzo.

Badbark, big congrats on the ultra win, very impressive. I have to agree with TAR, if we ever race please don't talk to me, perhaps apart from "after you sir!"

OO- nice HM time.

Jools great racing.

I'm sure I've missed a couple, Apologies.  

Shinfield 10k for me today. Perfect condition for a fast race on a fast course. Totally smashed my PB by over a minute to cross the line in 36.56! I felt on the limit but strong throughout the race, reached 5k in 18.30, so I'm really pleased there was no fade in the second half. Unfortunately I was overtaken in the last 50 meters but I had nothing left for a Sprint finish but still managed 14th overall and 2nd V40. First race I've run under 6 mm pace which feels a great landmark to beat. All in all I'm pretty chuffedimage

• Great run there moof, sub-6 quality racing!

• Cracking stuff Moof - that's shifting!

Don't blame you for grabbing a swift half Madbark - front page cover boy as well as your podium makes it a pretty memorable weekend.

OO - Mrs L is doing her first marathon at the end of the month. I've tried to reassure her that once she's done one, she'll fancy another but she's not convinced so I've had to put her name in the VLM ballot on the quiet.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

Lorenzo- pretty sure I'd know my wife's reaction if I entered her into VLM on the quiet.

80.45 WAVA score today, which is another first.

I'll shut up about it now.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Moof -great time that getting fast now and wava 80% you are nearly an elite ! image

Badbark -well done and will you still chat to us now you have found fame image

Rest day today , one of many lately ! this mara training is getting tough image

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Dashed good efforts Moof, BB, OO, Joolska, good times. BB you appear to have an obscene amount of energy in the tank

Lorenzo - MrsL will love the mara, what if she ends up chicking you??

11m today in the Peak District hills, very lovely but not very fast
  • moof,  I did 36:56 exactly aged 45 and haven't gone faster since, did a couple of low 37s last year but I need to get back down to those sort of times.

• Poacher wrote (see)
    Lorenzo - MrsL will love the mara, what if she ends up chicking you?? 

I'll make her a pie!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

A true marathon double Lorenzo!

Well done moof, now you just have to stary there....

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Well done on the pb, Moof - that's a great result!

Badbark: very impressed you even contemplated a marathon so soon after the ultra, and a great finishing time, too.  Hope the beers hit the spot!

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Badbark - well done, that's a very respectable performance by any standards, but 2 days after winning an ultra is astounding. Respect.
    Moof - congrats on the PB and going sub 37 - excellent.
    14 mile progressive this morning in the lovely rain. Managed a royal flush image

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

Oooh, well done, Badbark!  Top racing.  You are obviously a natural ultra runner to do so well with such ease.

Excellent 10K time, Moof.  For a bloke whose drooping tummy that hit his lap when he sat on the bog caused him to take up running, that is well impressive!

It's been a hectic move in back to the UK.  Finding 4 places for 4 kids to attend school was a major hurdle but one we seem to have successfully navigated.  I am so pleased we decided to move to Guildford as the schools, town and running could not be better.  As much as I am a city girl, this is really rather nice!  I had a lovely run with (after?!) Lorenzo this weekend and spent most of the time huffing and puffing my way for 2 hours as I have not done much running this past month with the move and he is clearly uber fit these days.  I think his Stockholm marafun may turn out to be a marathon... The last time we ran together was 3 years ago (when I last did a marathon) in Abingdon! Time certainly does fly.  Time to get my training head back on now.  Beep beep!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

I notice only 2 runners from 500+ got sub 80 minutes in Keswick, so my 85:15 looks pretty solid.

No races in the plan until June (Blaydon race), looks like the parkrun and some speed will be my focus for the next few weeks image  

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

GM – Sorry to read about your fall but glad you survived intact!

OO-51 – Excellent 1:25 HM and place

Jools – Super triple racing! Great performance.

Lorenzo – Great running in the household

AR – LOL - I’ll try not to yak if are paths cross in a race! Although to be honest you do get much more of a chance of talking in ultras due to the easier pace.  

Moof – That’s a super quick 10k and new PB! Well done!

Poacher – Nice hilly 11

Gul – Good progressive running

MsE – Glad to read moving has gone well and you are now back into training mode.

I decided to let the joints recover today and went for a 10 mile cycle instead of any running. It was pretty freaky to see my fastest speed recorded on my Garmin was 26.2 MPH. 26.2? Where have I seen that number before? image

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Bit of a read back after a 4 day weekend, and looks like there are some tremendous Bank Holiday running exploits to commend.

BadBark gets pride of place - stunning ultra win, and then to follow that up with a casual 3:10 mara that you had to deliberately slow down at the end of, quite brilliant running. Doesn't sound like you're feeling too bad for it either?

Belated happy birthdays to Gul & Poacher, and good to see Gul's mara prep still going well with an impressive 20.

Moof & Lorenzo both turning in very impressive and speedy 10K PBs with 36:xx and 38:xx respectively. Brilliant reward on your training investments.

More congratulations to OO-51, with enviable parkrun and HM performances.

Jools turning in a pair of wins on the track. Not often someone on this thread will report on a 400m contribution!

Welcome back to Blighty to MsE, and here's hoping that Blisters is a bit out with his injury prognosis.

Well done to everyone else for getting miles done of any distance or speed. PBs all over the place, ultra wins, casual marathons... feeling like a bit of an imposter on the thread at the moment, just getting a few miles in again! A 10 early on Sunday took me to 33 for the week, getting back to it after London, and need to re-introduce a bit of speed with an eye towards some local(ish) 10K events over the next couple of months.

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Popping in to say well done on the running and racing to everyone, in particular a fine ultra from badbark, and a time leaving me green with envy by moof. sub 6 min/m 10ks deserves some kind of badge for the old folk doing these. Top running.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Moof - Like others have said that is a 10k time to be very proud of. Well done! What's up next for you?

Went for a tester 5k easy pace run today and the knee was ok.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

Thanks all for the pat on the back.

MsE- apologies for the image of me that you have lodged deep inside your head, must be very disturbing.

Welcome back to Blighty!

GM- The next race for me is the Newbury 10k in a couple of weeks which is a little on the long side and isn't a quick course.

I'm pretty sure Also-ran won the V40 prize last year, so that would be something to aim for. 

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    moof wrote (see)

Thanks all for the pat on the back.

MsE- apologies for the image of me that you have lodged deep inside your head, must be very disturbing.

Welcome back to Blighty!

GM- The next race for me is the Newbury 10k in a couple of weeks which is a little on the long side and isn't a quick course.

I'm pretty sure Also-ran won the V40 prize last year, so that would be something to aim for. 

We must never meet or, if we do, you will have to be prepared for me to sit staring at your belly wondering about the current overhang.

I omitted to say well done to OO.  Showing us all how to keep on doing it!

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

As long as that's all you're staring at.image