Monday 5th May 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - Take time to see the wonders of the world

Glad you and your daughter enjoyed it NZC.

What:              bike time
Why:               weather and time
Last hard:       13/4
Last rest:        12/4 

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

What: short easy recovery run

why: being careful!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Well done NZC, Ale, Don and OH on the races/pbs etc.

What: nothing but some gardening
    Why: ready to run again, but was away since Wednesday evening, and had no time
    Last hard: visiting the 1st World War battlefields.  Sobering stuff.
    Last rest: over a week now, though did do lots  of walking whilst in Belgium
    Lyrics: nope

Thinking of what to do next.  Local race cup is continuing soon, so will have that, but not sure what "big" race to do.  Looking at Warsaw marathon in September.  Anyone know anything about it?

Welcome back Alex.  How's the baby getting on, must be quite big now.

Have a good day all.

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Morning all,

What: 5k steady planned for later
    Why: rebuilding
    Last hard: Swimming yesterday I guess
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: No

Hi Emzap! Hope you're well and Germany is treating you well. just read back to your marathon report, sounds like you had to tough it out! Well done on finishing in a decent time and commiserations on not getting your target but there's always next time. the finish sounds reminiscent of Edinburgh for me in 2011, lots of standing around and then getting cold. You would think they would be more mindful as people have been on their feet for so long previously!!

The little one is great, thanks for asking! He is 2 and a half now...he is currently trying to balance on 2 toy cars. I'm not stopping him as it looks like good core work!!! Hahaha

• Morning

Had along lie today, for a wee change.image

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Weak in the presence of beauty'. Alison Moyet from 1987.

Well done the pbersimage

Need to properly catch up.

• mavamava ✭✭✭

Good morning all.

Well done NZC - another Rotorua for you. Well done others racing.

I didn't PB at Worcester and am disappointed that I didn't closer. But I have to accept that it's my 3rd fastest Half so not all bad.  I ended up doing 2:12:04 (PB 2.10).  The course was reasonably lumpy but what really did for me was the fact that the sun came out and I just don't do distance in heat well. I definitely went off a bit fast as well - miles 2 and 3 were both sub 9:30 pace which was a bit silly, even if they were net downhill miles!   But I was 17th out of 58 in my age category and 140th out of 296 women - so top half of the ladies field. 

And obviously I didn't work hard enough as I've just managed a reasonably easy 6 miles!

Enjoy the bank holiday people.

• Morning mava

Well done NZC

• What: getting sorted for turning around
    Why: Back from kayak camping weekend, work tomorrow then off to Poole in evening for Sea Survival training (RNLI). Then it'll be back to work on Friday before Cape Wrath weekend. Oh and a dental appt Friday lunchtime.
    Last hard: Sunday's return paddle was quite hard though for just a short time
    Last rest: Friday

Well done NZC

Cape Wrath going to be quite hard, in that Elspeth's injured  and won't be running. image
    Hoping to persuade her to still come along for the week.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Well done NZC and Donaldo, good effort Mava (Stop beating yourself up. You named 2 reasons, 2 miles too fast and don't d well in the heat ergo, you did not, not work hard enough!)
    Lyrics: Not today
    What: Wait and see.
    Why: YS back from Devon tonight so may plod with him, otherwise zilch as feeling under the weather today
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Must have been Friday

Happy Bank Holiday all and hope the weather holds

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning again!

I'm with you, Mava: today's run tells me that I would not have known I had raced yesterday, but for the fact that I raced yesterday! Took it easy, though, with just a gentle 3.17k clocked.

Re your own race, Mava, looks like you need to be ultra-cautious in the first 3 or 4 miles, although you can't do much about the heat apart from run in it more often to get used to it!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done NZC and also your daughter, great running

6.25m for me with some friends

Garden done too... off for a walk soon

Shopping next....

Take care

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Arvo

What: 30mile bike

Why: Time and enjoyment

Lyrics: nope

Lower back pain towards the end of the bike, reckon it will make running unpleasant. 

Speaking of lyrics, if anyone is into Coldplay (and who isn't!). Their new album Ghost Stories is amazing. 

• Afternoon all.

7 mile walk with Elspeth (over Marwick Head to Birsay Bay Tearoom then back again) followed by 9 mile run when I got back. Next swimming lesson ...

• A'noon

emzap: Did a Normandy Battlefield Tour a few years ago and that was also very sobering.

dibs: Cheers re heads up for Coldplay

• I still find it hard not to go off too fast mava. When's your next attempt?

Dibs - sounds as though the set up isn't quite right. If you have a local bike shop and ask nicely they may have a look at the seat height etc for you.

I'd like to be back at Birsay Bay Tearoom OH.

Another five hours on the bike for me today.

• LMH: Well done re 5hrs on your bike.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya
    Well done mava, NZC and young NZC
    Dibs - erm, that'll be me then, I like maybe 3 coldplay songs...
    RFJ - sorry to see your boys drop out of the top tier
    what - timekeeping at county multi events, so maybe get out for an easy half hour later
    why - supporting the grass roots
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - I think I do

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

What: short easy recovery run

why: being careful!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Not sure how the above message got there when I logged on on my phone.

Just after I reported my run this morning I had a phone call to say my mum had had a fall...so now in Leicester. She has lots of bruises...and two cracked vertebrae in her neck. Not sure what will happen next, and this may well be the trigger for her moving to a care home.
  • Sorry to hear that Alehouse. Hope you can find a way forward that doesn't cause either of you too much stress.

Sounds like another long day for you Dustin.

• mavamava ✭✭✭
    Sympathy alehouse. Been there. It's tough.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that alehouse, hope she's okay.

Well done mava and NZC for yesterday, good races.

6 miles easy tonight in 44:13.  Nice run, comfortable.  Time for yesterday's 7.5 was 47:27.

Lyrics, nope

• Hope things turn out OK for your mum alehouse

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the support. Much appreciated. May well be a tough few weeks or months.
  • NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭

Alehouse - old age is an awful thing - hope she is o'kay. Hope you both get all the care and support that you need.

Mava - good running - you are going very well, must be improving with ageimage Got any short ones in the pipeline?

Thanks for the well-dones.

What: half hour walk in Cornwall Park

Why: still a bit sore

Good running everyone.