Options

What is wrong with my toe!!! - pictures included

So one of my toenails went red one day, it looked like it had maybe my toe had bled a bit but I didn't remember knocking it or it hurting so I ignored it. Over the past few days it has turned blacker and mankier, I have continued running regardless as normally it doesn't hurt. I have no idea what is wrong with it though and it is not improving so far, any help would be appreciated.

(sorry for the nasty pictures)

/members/images/793020/Gallery/toe_running_2_0.jpg

/members/images/793020/Gallery/Toe_running_0.png

Comments

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Blood blister under your toenail. Leave it if it is not uncomfortable. It'll fall off in the end. If the pressure gets uncomfortable, you can pierce it with a sterilised needle and drain the blood out: strangely entertaining.

Can't believe I just clicked on a thread with pictures of feet. image

• Options

Thanks literatin.

I will just leave it seen as its not uncomfortable.

And who doesn't like pictures of feet right??? ...plus it took ages for the camera to focus, so those pictures better get appreciated! image

• Options

Who knew literatin had a foot fetish? Anyway ive had 3 or 4 of these in the past couple of years. Leave them alone and it all comes good after a few months. Nothing to worry about.

• Options
    ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

Music - I have a matching one (will spare you the photo though!) Pretty common amongst runners, I believe - although this is this first time I've had one image

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

The black toenail of death! I have one at a similar stage - victim to the London marathon, may it rest in peaceimage

• Options

Consider a size up in the running shoes? Do your shoes up properly to try and prevent slide forwards. Use proper running socks. There is also an orsum anti blister powder (hang on, runs upstairs....)

• Options

www.2toms.com

Blistershield. Water proof, comes as a powder, lasts ages. Really helps. Bought some at the tri show. No idea who they are but it works brilliantly.

• Options

Thanks for the link dustboy! I have never actually heard of anything like that blister powder before.
    Also I do wear more mile running socks and I think my running shoes should be the right size as I actually splashed a bit more out this time and got my gait and feet analysed to get better fitting trainers image