Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Good going Lainey on your PB...fabby..Have sent you a friend request image

No running from me today...just work work work

Happy Monday everyone

• Well done Lainey- I would send you a friend request on FB - but don't know your name!!

No running for me today,but, will go out tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone. 

• Boss Just look to see who I have added recently or deejay and you will find Lainey image

• Hi everyone.Hope you are all doing ok.

Lainey,well done on the Parkrun PB.

No running for me until Wednesday,when I'm aiming to run 2 miles for the first time since I damaged my knee ligaments at Christmas.It is a tiny distance compared to what I am used to,but after all my injuries I will be so happy to reach that distance.

If you are running tonight, I hope you manage to avoid the showers.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

lainey - I have sent you a friend request too image

• Thanks for friend requests-hopefully  have found everyone!

And thank you for PB congrats.  It was really tough but satisfying.  This week I am volunteering as I am out on Friday night-going for a curry with friends.  No alcohol but a late one so thought it was a great opportunity to volunteer.  Might have my breath back by then image

• Morning all!

Lainey - I'm a bit late but well done on your PB!

DJ - good luck with your run tomorrow.

Hi to everybody else!

Managed to get out for a 5 miler on Sunday.  Nice to be in the Botanic park after all the tread mill running and it was fairly empty as the rain had just stopped. Rest day yesterday and going to the fitness room tonight.

4 and a half weeks until the end of term....... still feels too long mind you...

xx

• Good morning everyone.

Lainey - Well done on your PB

DeeJay - Good luck for Wednesday. Christmas was a long time ago but i'm sure you'll be fine.

I think i'm back to full fitness now after being ill for what seems like forever. I went for a short 3K trying to keep to around a 6:30p/km, I think that's probably my 5K pace at the moment. I actually did slightly better and averaged about 6:25 in very windy and wet conditions. Next thing is to see if I can keep that up for the next 2K.

• Busy week ..... 

7.7 miles yesterday morning and bootcamp & 6.4 miles along the cast this morning before I went into the office.

Tom-Good to here you are back to full fitness.

Jude-Well done on your 5 miler.

DJ-Hope you get a good run under your belt today?

Hi Franny,MC,Lainey etc

hi all

been busy at work and applying for new jobs too

Tom - good to hear you are recovered. I can't imagine running that fast!!

Jude - 4 and a half weeks? It will fly past, then you have a lovely summer to look forward to

• Lainey - 20 secs is a great margin! Well done. I'm volunteering at my park run this sat too.

How are you DJ?

Well I have been doing short runs (5kish) and a bit of cycling and yesterday my first swim in months. Am so thrilled to be feeling well although I still need to be careful about my back.

Hubby comes home on Friday morning from his 10 day trip to the US, and we are all looking forward to it.

MC - applying for new jobs sounds exciting image

Jude - do you have plans for the summer? I know going away for hols is difficult for you. Does your Big Girl have any more competitions pending?

• Hi everyone.

My run this morning went very well.I didn't feel a comfortable as normal,and I was breathing heavier than usual.I made it to 2 miles.When I looked at my speed, I had actually been running a lot faster than in recent weeks,hence not feeling as comfortable as usual.I hadn't intended to run as fast,but my pacing is a bit off,as I'm not used to plodding along.I really think this run is going to set me up to be able to push on and get back to full running again.I'm going to go for 2.25 miles on Saturday,and then introduce a Monday run into my routine,and run Monday,Wednesday and Saturday's from now on.

Hope everyone is feeling good today.

Off to the seaside tomorrow.Looking forward to it.

well done DJ

have a great day at the coast, beautiful weather for a trip image

• Morning

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy DJeejay That is super news So pleased your feeling good about your running. It is all looking good for you image

Tom Pleased you are back to full fitness too.....great going guys.

Oh and DJ enjoy the seaside.

AF...not long now image

Just the 6 miles for me this morning. Going to go for 10 tomorrow and probs take Chico with me.

Have a great day everyone...................I'm away to make a choccy cake imageimageimage

• Afternoon,

MC-Good to luck on the job hunting.

DJ-Where did you go on the seaside visit?

Franny-Tuesday week is certainly nearly here. Hope the weather stays good. I will send you a message on facebook in the next couple of days with timing suggestions.

6.3 miles this morning. Not sure if I should do another 10+ mile run before my 1/2 next weekend.

I have an interview on Wednesday at a posh girl's school on Wednesday! I am not very posh so I may not get it, but getting an interview is a start!

4 miles with intervals for me this morning and swimming tonight image

AF - I don't think there is much to be gained by doing such a long run a week before a 1/2, but then it depends if you are focusing on something else and the half is more of a training run

• Morning!

Does anyone have any cake? My tins are empty image Hubby comes home today. He has driven about 3000miles whilst in America and with all the emotion I know he will be exhausted. His brother passed away two nights ago.

But his return home means that I can do a long bike ride this evening with my daughter and the weather is gorgeous.

MC - ooooh, a posh school image

Sounds like everyone is fit and well and running. That is great news.

• Chili ....I have chocolate cake image wait till I will send you a big slice over right now.......you ready....catch image Oooooooo that's good hubby coming home. Enjoy the bike ride tonight.

Mathschick...wow Good luck with the POSH interview....posh peeps are overated and when it boils down to it there is no difference...you will be fab I am sure and give it your best shot.

10 miles for me this morning....mighty slow due to having Chico with me so a very stoppy starty run image My HM next Sunday image

Incidently AF...my HM training plan scheduled my 10 miler for this week so don't see any harm in you doing 10 before your half ...up to you and how you feel...10 miles for you these days is a walk in the park.....image

Have a great weekend everyoneimage...looks like you are going to have it nice down south...I am working both Saturday and Sunday image

GOOD LUCK TO OUR LOULAAAAAAAA..................who is doing her NDW ultra...Go Loula GOoooooooooooooo girl Gooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Hi everyone.

We had a lovely day at the seaside yesterday.We went to Southsea in Portsmouth.It's nice down there.A bit tacky around the pier,but once you get to the old town it's very nice.Katy was trying out her new walker for the first time,and it meant we could walk about a bit further than we have been able to in recent months.This made the day much more enjoyable,even though it made her very tired.The good thing with the walker is it doubles as a seat,so my wife could have a rest whenever she needed it.And I wasn't constantly worrying about her falling.

There were lots of runners out having a run along the promenade.It must be lovely being able to run alongside the sea like that.

Chili, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.At least your hubby got to say goodbye to his brother.It must be heartbreaking for him to have to say goodbye to both his brothers.It must be nice to get him home again.He will be so tired after all that travelling and the emotions.Definately some cake needed to welcome him home.

Loula,good luck on your Ultra.

MC Good luck with your job interview.

Going to do my run tomorrow morning.2.25 miles.A tiny amount I know,but I am sticking to small increases in distance so I don't get carried away and get injured.I am running pain free now which is great,but the weird thing is,my left knee feels fine when I'm running,but when I'm walking I'm very conscious of how unstable it sometimes feels and how it affect my walking gait.But it doesn't affect my running.I may need to get a running therapist to check it out,and give me some advice on getting it back to full strength.

Have a great weekend everyone.

DJ - sounds like a lovely day and I bet katy was so happy to be able to be independently mobile. 

chili - so sorry about your brother in law. Hope your hubby is ok. hugs from me

loula - go go go girl

well, now I have a dilemma because another school has invited me for interview the same day, A comprehensive but results are good. I don't know either school, they are more or less the same distance from where I live (but opposite directions). Teacher interviews last all day so can't do bothimage

laser tag this morning for little boy's birthday then I am getting my hair trimmed so I look smart for my interview - whichever I go to!!

• Hi everyone, what a lovely weekend we're having, hope you are all well.

MC - Good luck with your interview(s), whichever one you decide to go for.

Chili - Glad to hear your husbands back, I bet you've missed him.

DJ - You've made me want to go to the seaside now, I really don't get there enough.

AF - Good luck with your half!

Sorry to anyone  I've missed.

I went out this morning in the blistering sun and managed to complete 5K for the first time ever! image

I think I made a massive mistake in my training by only doing short runs, generally 2.5K - 3.5K and then just hoping I could keep it up for a longer distance. About halfway through I started struggling a little.There are a couple of small hills and it was very hot. Although I was happy with my time of 32:59 (I was determined in the last 400 meters to beat 33:00) it was very difficult and I had to take two (very short) walk breaks in the last kilometer. As usual I went out a little bit fast but not too much and in this case I think it might have helped me knowing I was in front of my target. My splits were:

1st Km: 6:04 min

2nd Km: 6:26 min

3rd Km: 6:29 min

4th Km: 6:42 min

5th Km: 7:11 min (around a minute walking)

It's made me rethink my training and i'm going to place more importance on more varied runs in the future including longer easy runs and intervals.It's also made me think perhaps signing myself up for all three 5K's in my local athletics club series (one in June, one in July and one in August) might be a little ambitious as the June one is only a couple of weeks and I've only attempted that kind of distance once. I'm confident I could complete it but I would like to be able to run the whole thing a little more comfortably. I'm thinking maybe delay until July and maybe swap the August one for one or two of my local park runs? Any advice? 

Anyway, i'm making the most of this weather and meeting a friend in a beer garden for an hour or two. image Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Tom - well done on your 5k, you'll be fine for the others, just do them!

had a manic day

• Hi everyone.I hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather.

I managed to run 2.38 miles yesterday,so I'm slowly going a bit further.I felt good and enjoyed it.My left hamstring felt a bit sore late last night,but today it feels fine.I'll be aiming for 2.5 miles on Wednesday's run.Not too long before I hit the magic 5k mark.

Well done Loula, on a brilliant run in the NDW50.

Tom,well done on that 5k.You will be fine to run all of those races.One a month gives plenty of recovery time,and you sound like you are soon going to be routinely running that distance.Have faith in yourself.And as MC says,just do them.

MC,hope you are having a calmer day today.

• Afternoon

Sounds like you guys have had lovely weather....image not so hot up here.....AF...you'll need your thermals...lol...only joking.....image

Well done Deejay and Tom on your runs...super stuff

and well done LOULA on her great ultra run...fantastic

There will be not much running from me this week as I have my half marathon on Sunday and hoping to go sub 1;50 or PB image

Have a good evening everyone

• Afternoon,

Chilli-So sorry to hear about your husbands loss.

DJ-Pleased you enjoyed Southaea. I can tell you from experience it is very hard to run into the wind down there at the end of a marathon! Well done on you run.You seem to be on the way back-fingers crosse.

Loula-Well done on your ultra. A couple of ladies from my club ram the same race.

MC -Re interviews.Think you need to go to the one you would prefer to teach at.

Franny-It is indeed lovely down south today. I do hope the weather is good next week as I am only intending to be running in shorts & short sleeve shirt.Not sure I am going to have time this week before my 1/2 to do anything more than 7-8 miles.

Tom-Well done on your 5k.

6.6 miles on Friday & 8 this morning. then 1st BBQ of the year.

evening all

scorching weekend

Loula - well done on your race

AF - trouble is, I have no idea, and it is so hard to know what a school will be like!

just did a little bike ride this morning and off swimming soon

• Morning all!

Loula - well done on your race. Don't know any of the details but presume it was extra hard because of the nice weather you have all been having there?

MC - Having worked in two 'posh' schools in England I would definitely go for the posh school again. Although the parents can be more demanding, there are perks like cream cakes at tea time.image 

DJ - well done on your running increases. Glad the knee is holding out!

AF - How was the BBQ?

Franny - Good luck with your half.  Hope you achieve your goal.

Tom - well done on your 5K.  I'd go for all of the 5Ks.  Why not?

Chili - So sorry to hear about your hubby's brother.

Hope I haven't missed anyone!

Another day off for me today as it is a national holiday for youth day. It's needed though as have had a very busy week as usual. 

Middle son had his piano grade 2 on Wednesday and as I wanted to go with him I had to move a couple of lessons which made the rest of the week seem busier.

Great news for hubby is that he found a job and started work on Friday.  (He has been out of work for 4 years apart from a couple of temp jobs.) The wage is very low and he has to work Saturdays but he is finding the work enjoyable. (He is translating for a French carpet factory boss.)

Saturday was all the usual running around for the kids minus hubby's help and   yesterday we all went up to the olive garden and collected the pruned branches and burnt them. It only took 3 or 4 hours but my bum really hurts from all the bending down.image Just off to daughter's training and an afternoon of homework, school prep and piano lessons. (Hubby has to work in spite of the holiday.) May get a run if bum eases! lol!

Anyway, BFN. Enjoy the weather. x

• Jude, that is fantastic news for your hubby! And hope your bum feels better soon! image

Another roasting hot day so I ran as soon as I dropped the girls at school. Am now trying to find work to do that doesn't require a computer so I can sit out in the garden. image

• Afternoon Chilli, Jude, AF, DJ, MC, Franny and hello to Tom image Nice to see so many of you are still posting and doing well. But most importantly... still running!

I've got to do a presentation at work for 5 mins and was going to talk a little about abingdon 2012. So I thought, I know, I'll pop in and say hello image

• .Hellooooooooooooooooooooo Matt...how are you doing? Nice to hear from you.What you been up too???? Aw that's a nice idea for your presentation. Hope it goes well.

Chili Good you got your run in before it got too hot.

Jude Great news about hubby. Hows the sore butt???

Mathschick Hope your interview goes well this week. Wednesday isn't it???

AF Much warmer up here today so don't worry. The Edinburgh Marathon festival weekend is usually one of the warmest by far image looking forward to seeing you.