Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning all - the Little Lumpy beckons this morning, with every large hill in the area included. Can't make tonight Chris as we're out for a family meal but keep me posted if they do another one. Glad the filming went well, not a bad day job!

• Morning you lot

Had a really busy day yesterday and I was working.

Just walked Geordie so now catch up over brekkie

Chris: Not a bad day job indeed.

Kate:All the best today

valis: The same to you mate

Right kettle has just boiled.

• Gobi: A win, well done mateimage

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning all

Chris - sounds like fun, a hard day for the runners in the heat though I can imagine

Gobi - personally I can't stand the food at mcdonalds so I didn't eat there, just the kids and OH. The went pear shaped when we tried to leave though, the mcds is on a retail estate and the traffic queuing up to leave was horrendous, I managed to get out, but then a car went up in flames and OH was stuck there with some of the kids for ages...although they all found it highly exciting! 

seem to have totally lost my mojo for the bike - think I am going to forget about the outlaw half, it is just making me a bit stressed rather than being something I am looking forward to. My plan this morning was a long bike but I just don't want to do it! just eaten eggs on toast so going for a run right now wouldn't be a good idea. Might just take the mtb out for a spin for a bit of fun then get on with some work stuff, as that is causing me a bit of stress, plus as I haven't decided which interview I should go to I need to plan both interview lessons....

• Morning maths: Hope you get your mojo back soon.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Maths - I can murder the occasional MacDs, just food to me :??) At least it wasn't your car up in smoke.

Sorry to har about that Mojo

Return to reality today as I got it all wrong at the LVRC Road Race and was then defeated by a mechanical, not happy but shit happens.
  • Good Afternoon all image

Back home now finished yesterdays 51.38 in 9.48 , better than I was expecting. I knew it was going to be hilly but Farnham to St Matha's turned out to be the flat section. Considering I have to travel 20 miles on a Sunday to get 3 hills of 100 ft I was happy  with how I managed along the way. Faded in the last 7 miles and dropped about 8 places in the last 5miles but an enjoyable day. 

Gobi well done on your win.

Maths , Think about  want to do in terms of races and goals and why that is important to you and what meaning it will have to achieve those goals.Take it from me I didn't become an under achiever by working at itimage

Kate, Hope your 100 miler went well and you didn't spend too long at those flapjack stops.

gobi - yeah, OH was worried that it was me because all he could see was a black car and flames - he sent eldest son to go and make sure it wasn't me, who then hung around videoing the whole thing on his phone! Luckily the fire brigade got there before it totally exploded - it was next to a petrol station too

sorry to hear it didn't go to plan today - I think the mechanical thing makes cycling a more difficult sport than something like running!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    No kidding, sometimes you really hate being a cyclist
  • Evening all - the hardest 100 miles on the bike I have ever done, 7230 ft of climbing, but absolutely stunning scenery and amazing cake. Mr F had a puncture then a bit of a struggle so pretty slow, but good for the tan. Valis, magnificent effort, back to the 100s next? MC, hope you find the mojo. Gobi, that's the problem with bikes, you can't control everything mechanical, which is why running is so much easier. Birky, are you bathed in sunshine in Scotland too? 

• Morning

Off out now

Back later

• Morning all - 5 ploddy miles, legs weren't quite sure what they were doing being out again. Spin and swim tonight, with what looks like a beautiful day in between. Have a good Monday all.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    It is daylight at 5am now. No front lights needed today.

Nice
  • Morning kate and gobi

Sunny start to the day hereimage

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

A blinding hot day for the leiden marathon yesterday. Great course and support.

A SOC for me this morning to loosen my legs. I think my legs are still out there somewhere because the trunks I seem to have acquired do not appear like my legsimage

• Morning you lot

Off out with Geordie

Back later

Sunny againimage

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭
    Morning Birky.... Morning gang.

I'm off for a quickie. Although it might be more of a recovery plod. image
  • Morning psc

35mins Steady. Mostly off road.

NW: Bluebells, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 squirrel, 1 'Sky' Cyclist, 6 beer kegs, 1 Kingsmill Van image

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭
    Road for me... Steady as she goes for a few miles! Muggy. Lots of rubbish appearing on the roads. Why do people do that?

morning

off road for me - 5 miles. Muggy here too...

Emmy - hope your legs find their way back to you!

• Morning all - 6 mile run, NW lots of cats, and a 1K swim. PSC, glad you defined what your quickie was! Nice spotting this morning birky.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Mathschick - they did find their way back and it looks like they had been partying all night image

PSC - i'm seeing that a lot on my route at the moment and it's gel wrappers so I know that 'they're athletes. It's disgusting and disrespectful to the wildlife.

10k tempo this morning. It was really warm out there!

• Morning maths, kate and emmy

kate: Cheers. image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    2 easy runs todays so nothing serious to report. I do however need to rebuild my TT bike now.

:??0

emmy - hope your legs behave tonight image

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭

Gobi - what have you done to your bike... that's not a result of you kissing the arse end of a bus is it? 

Emmy - we did a x-country mara recently (Poets Potter) and the organisers swept the course and didn't find a single gel wrapper or any other so called athletic rubbish.  Just goes to show that it can be done.  It is bone bloody idle to bin your rubbish into the bushes.  

LOL Kate!

Right folks I've got the South Downs mara in 5 weeks.  Anyone got a schedule that short for mara prep!  I've done bugger all for the last few weeks, did 12.5 on Sunday at a decent pace (9MM), planning on 3 x 18-20 miles in the coming weekends with some runs (like every other day) during the weeks of 4-7 miles/run.  Does that sound enough?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL PSC no I used the cranks in one bike and the front wheel in another

Bike tested on the rollers

I have no comments on totally unprepared suicide marathons :`)
  • Morning all - tour boing as we speak, then weights, didn't get to bed until midnight and same again tonight so another long day.PSC, you'll be fine. I've been at an event where you have to write your number on your gels etc so they DQ you if you drop them. Good luck with the interview MC.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    This morning I have done laundry and ironing :`0

I have a club TT tonight and want to see if my improving neck is ready for a hard session so have rested a little more than normal.
  • PSCPSC ✭✭✭
    Talking about cranks...I've got a new BB sitting on my desk. I must fit that. Kate, you need to sleep too! Good idea about the numbers.

Didn't get to sleep too early so taking the easy route. Lie in and lunchtime plod.