Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Ahh thanks Franny image Are you and AF doing Edinburgh Marathon or Half Marathon this weekend by any chance?! Wow how exciting!

• Matt...I am doing Edinburgh Half Mara and AF is coming up to Edinburgh but not until Monday. We are meeting up Tuesday for a run in the Pentlands image

• Hi Matt good to here from you. Are you doing a lot of running at the moment?

Jude-Well done to all of your siblings and great news that your hubby has got a job. image . How's the posterior? image

MC-What decions have you made? Good luck and hope you have a good interview?  

Tom-Hope all's well after your race- what's next?

Franny-This time next week...looking forward to the Pentlands- is that the area that you sometimes show pictures of on Facebook?  

Hi Lainey,Chilli etc etc

The race I am doing on Sunday is the Weald Challenge 1/2 which is trail race that the website says"the runners travel through picturesque and underulating routes, ...through a variety of landscapes containg rolling hills....andcient woodlands.." Sounds really nice....will probably do it for fun rather than going for a time...

7.3 miles this morning and boot camp in a minute..

Have a good day everyone...  

• Hellooooooo

AF your trail Half sounds lovely. Yes the Pentalnds is where I have put the pics on FB.

• All the best for your interview tomorrow MC

Swim and a bit of cycling for me today.

• Morning all!

MC - Good Luck!

Fitness room last night.  Swim tonight.

x

• Afternoon,

MC-Hope it all went well today?

Jude-Have a good swim later. 

7.4 miles along the coast this morning. Nice and sunny although a bit humid.

Will do 2 shorter runs before Sundays half.

Have a good day everyone.

• Hi

Hope your interview went well Mathschick

AF well done on your coastal run. Have messaged you on FB re restaurants.

Jude Hope you enjoyed your swim

Chilli well done on the swim and cycle

Just the 4 miles for me today with some at race pace...will not run now until Sunday HM...but will do lots of Chico walking.

Had a lovely day at Dunbar visiting mum...was very warm and Chico loved the beach..nothing new there then

Bye for now

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

hi all

just a quick call into the forums, hardly slept last night but gave it my all and got the jobimage posh girls school for me, I think teaching kids that actually want to learn might be a whole different experience!!

• WhooHooo! Fantastic news MC! image That is wonderful. Hope that your new job will be much more satisfying.

• Congratulations MC! That's brill! Well done.

• Well done MC!! I think we may have to have a party tomorrow to celebrate!!

Decided that I would give my old body a rest this morning and not do a run...always feel guilty about that...but, a 6 miler tomorrow, rest on Saturday and 1/2 marathon on Sunday...fly to Edinbrugh on Monday and a run with Franny on tuesday.....

Have a good day everyone. 

• Afternoon

More CONGRATULIONS to Mathschick...super news When do you start your new job???

Well after a gorgeous day yesterday its tipping it down today Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..fed up getting soaked dog walking. Feeling a bitty under the weather today...don't know why image Nose stuffed...hoping its just hayfever and not a nasty cold coming along...coz it can just go and get lost if it is.I aint got time for the likes of that image

AF Glad you are resting up today.....enjoy your 6 miler tomorrow.

Hello to everyone else

franny - I start in September

handed my notice in today image

I have a lurgy - sore throat and sore head image

• YAAAY!!! Well done MC.I hope you love your new job.Hope your lurgy isn't too bad.

Franny I hope you are fighting off any lurgy,so you are fighting fit for Monday.

Had a wet run today.It began to thunder and lightning as I got halfway round.I still enjoyed it though.I managed 2.72 miles.So I should be ready to try 5k at the weekend.

• Happy running everyone! Hope all the races/events go well.

I'm heading off to youth camp with some youngsters from the church. image

• Afternoon,

MC-Have a good youth camp. Hope weather is ok?

DJ-Well done on your 2.72 mile run.

Franny-Hope you are ok? Need you well for your 1/2 and our run on Tuesday!! image

MC-Must be exciting changing jobs. Hope all goes well?

6.8 mile  club run this morning- very slow as X Country and running through lots of overgrown paths- quite a few stinging nettles!!!

well done DJ image

franny hope you are ok and it is hayfever

AF - I don't think it has sunk in yet! Although one of my year 11s was in tears today when she came to find me to say goodbye - it was their last proper day of lessons. She gave me a lovely touching card

• Afternoon All

Good luck in your trail HM tomorrow AF...what time does it start ???

I will be having an early night. My Half starts at 8am imageimage getting picked up at 7am from one of the lads in the running club. They are the speedy ones so hoping some of there speed rubs on me LOL...weather looks like rain image don't mind if it rains during the race but hate being wet at the start.

• Afternoon,

Franny-Good lucj to you too.Mine starts at 10.30 am. Leaving home at 8.20am to pick up a couple of my ladies and then about an hours drive. Think weather forecast is good today.Arre you aiming for a certain time? I am going to just chill out on mine which is one of the beautys of trail marathons.   

Having a nice restfull day & then making Lasagne this evening.

AF and franny - good luck for tomorrow

nothing for me today, full of cold image just had a long snooze though image

• Good morning!

AF and Franny - Good Luck!

MC - get well soon!

DJ - hope you get out for your 5K.

Wanted to swim yesterday. (Don't usually get the chance on a Saturday) but when I arrived at the pool it was closed because of the minor earthquake we had had yesterday.image

Hope to get out for a run today.....

morning all

good luck to franny and AF

looks like it is housework for me today image

• Afternoon all

Pbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee imageimageimage provisional time 1:54:56 so knocked about a minute of previous time and it was horrible wet and windy conditions. Not quite my sub 1.50 I was after but hey ho that's the way it goes and still chuffed with a PB imageimage Really feeling sorry for the full marathoners today as its gonna be tough as conditions have not improved at all.

Now relaxing after a hot bath and a bacon roll image

• Good Morning all. Sorry I haven't been around for a while.

Jude - I've had my swimming interrupted by a few things before, mainly slower swimmers getting in my way but never an earthquake, that's different image

MC - Congratulations on your job! All the best.

DJ - How did you get on with your 5K?

Everyone else, I hope you're all well.

I've been going on more 5K+ runs, hopefully slowly build to 10K. I'm amazed how more regular long but easy runs has actually increased my speed. Even doing runs with negative splits now. image

Have a great bank holiday, even if it isn't exactly beer garden weather! 

• Afternoon,

Well done Franny on a PB you are a star.....  Hope Scotland has got the bad weather out of teh way before tomorrow!!!  Back form my 1/2 well 13.6!!! It was a taxing course virtuallu all XC including muddy fields, styles, hills and very narrow paths that had to be walked...but, i loved it very scenic - possiblye one of the most scenic races I have done.

Finshed in 2.02 which I am pleased with as most people thought it was at least a 20 minutes slower that a road marathon. Managed to overtake a couple of people who  had done Londin in 3.30 so quite chuffed.

Anyway I need food....and off to Scotland tomorrow...horray and then a run with Franny......  who of course beat me today with her brillant PB!! image

Hi Tom,MC,DJ,Jude,Chilli etc etc 

franny and AF - well done image 

AF - have a great time in Scotland and hope you both have a lovely run together

Hi Tom, good to hear from you.

Haven't done much today, but I did sew on some cub/scout badges that the kids got ages ago and I hadn't got round to sewing them on....

I have my bike ready for the morning in the hope I will feel up to going out on the bike

• Franny and AF - very well done!image brill PB Franny and sounds like a tough but beautiful course AF. Have a great run together in Scotland.

Tom - well done on your training. It's going great.

MC - hope you are feeling better.

Didn't manage to escape for a run yesterday.......

Have a good week all! x

morning all

still feeling snotty and OH and the kids are due back today 

watched 'The Impossible' last night, it is about a family that was caught up in the 2004 tsunami, no idea why I chose it! Good film but not the most cheerful thing to watch

• Morning

Hope you feel better soon Mathschick

Jude Hope you manage a run at some point this week

My stats from yesterdays race

Full Time: 01:54:56

10k Split: 00:53:09

Overall finish position: 3419 of 9652Category:

Female 45-49Category finish position: 69 of 415 - -

Will do a race report soon.

Looking forward to my run with AF tomorrow. Hope the thunderstorms go away or it could be a soggy wet run....will all add to the adventure if not image