Sub 3h15

Comments

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

KR - That hill would sure kill me. Strong finish.
    AR - good luck. Sounds like the right decision.  Hope we'll see you back around here later in the year.
    PMJ - Good effort - I think you should be reasonably happy with the outcome.
    OO - Was it good food? Probably worth itimage
    I did 4 lengths of the Field this morning or approx 1k and no issues. Might even do an entire lap or two tomorrow.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

PMJ-nice 5k time but I thought your 800 reps were a bit slow last time for your ability image

Ar- take some time out and chill and feel free to shout abuse at those runners  they deserve it.

00-51-good-luck with the parkrun.

Gul- sounds good get some easy miles in .

managed to strain a muscle in my other leg kneeling working around the house which resulted in another 2 days unscheduled rest but got out for 4 miles@ 9min/miles last night so going again.image

• Leslie, if ever proof were needed that DIY-type stuff is bad for you... image

Gul, the comeback continues

PMJ, still pretty damn sharp!

OO, top work on the weight gain.

Saturday weigh in for me; new batteries in the scales and so have mysteriously gained a pound. Think this is a calibration thing as I've been spot on with the calories all week. Not happy, other dwarves are available. Still it's BH weekend and I'm not at work. Might swap in treadmill intervals for tempo as it's persisting down.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

KR - nice finish after that hill.

pmj - the thought of a 5 k race at lunch terrifies me. Good run.

Gul- progressimage

Leslie - nice n steady does it.

Christleton 5k last night. Home late from work. No tea, a tester mile to check if it was worth the 12 mile journey, all felt ok(ish). Eldest daughter makes me 15 mins late so rush to get bib, chip, loo and I have 10 mins to cover the half mile to the start- warmup buggered then.  Start is delayed by 5 mins so snatch some strides and the Achilles is letting me know it's there but ok. had forgotten to switch watch on, and 10 secs after  the start it flashes up the 'are you indoors' message. So switch it onto stopwatch only, I have threatened to run to feel so this is my chance I guess. Try to get into a rhythm but given I have don't very little running and no speed work cant judge my pace at all. 1stk comes in at 3.06. What?? That can't be right, in switching the garmin over I have hit lap button, after 10 secs. 3.16 then, that's still way too fast and put the breaks on and become a moving obstacle for those behind me. 3.30 next k but feel the energy dwindling and struggle to pick up the decline in pace and log a 3.46 for next k. Resolve to stop the rot and chase after and hold onto the chap who took me 10 secs Before. Next k at 3.36 and not far too go so hold pace as everyone start dropping so move forward and finish with a 3.30 to give a 17.39 chip time. 

10 secs off a pb but more than I could have wished for given lack of any consistent training recently. 

• menn, 17:39 is a good time under any scenario so well done.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Menn - that's a  time most of us only dream of there and Garmin free too with no warmup image

Another rest day today for me, anybody got a spare wheel for me wagon  image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Crackin run Menn I'd be very pleased with that.

Perfect condition at the parkrun and a quality field. I barely scraped 10th place with an 18:15 performance. Nice surprise and an 81.5% WAVA. Junior OO was piped into 2nd place lady but set a flying PB of 20:28- not long till she'll be on my tail....

Good luck to the racers tomorrow- including the Edinburgh Marathon anf Half.  

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

Very fast 5k Mennania! Well done.

Great parkrun time from you too OO.

I went for a short run earlier to test the hammy which is still a little tight. So no racing for me tomorrow but I will just have a plod around the course and if it loosens up I'll give it some near the end for a glory finish.

I wouldn't bother but my son is in the under 10, 1k race and he really wants to do it. Wearing his first race bib, he looks the business!

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Menn - Excellent time, well done!

OO - Great time also for your parkrun, sub 20 beckons for your daughter soon.

Moof - That's cool re your boy!

Gul - Good to see you back running, albeit very gently. You have been very patient I really hope you make it to the start line next week.

PMJ - Very good time as well.

Should have sacked the run last night because it turned out to be rubbish. Only 5 miles but felt stiff and very wonky. Might repeat again later to see if the legs feel better today.

• Cracking stuff from Menn and also the OO family.

Ran the 10 miles in the rain to parkrun and then went round aiming for sub 7mm - came out at 20:50 and a negative split so mission accomplished. Biggest smile was seeing Mrs L storming into the finish funnel for a 1min 40s PB - obviously the marathon training has been having some impact!!

Gul - really keeping my fingers crossed for you. You deserve to make it not only to the start line, but also the finish line with a big smile on your face.

• Just popping to see how everyone is.

Sorry to hear you don't feel it's worth persisting with running after all your injuries, AR, but I hope that with time you change your mind and gently ease your way back into it.

Good luck with your continuing recovery, Gul.

The rest of you seem to be flying and so does the next generation! Well done to everyone today and yesterday in the shorter stuff - really impressive.

I've stayed away from here recently as I didn't want to bring everyone down with my negativity. Basically my recovery from VLM, which itself was a disappointment, has been spectacularly awful. Aches and pains just about everywhere and then Achilles Tendonosis followed by something else followed by my dodgy knee really starting to concern me and even threatening to become life-changing. I now also have either periostitis or shin splints but am taking painkillers and running thhrough it as running is about the only time it doesn't hurt.

I went to the doctor's this week and have started the ball rolling and arranged a series of x-rays as well as a full check-up (blood test etc.).

Meanwhile I am running four or five times and doing 25-30 miles per week. The first five minutes or so are depressingly painful, but then I actually seem to be in decent shape. Hopefully I can keep things ticking over until a) the niggles and pain go away of their own accord or b) medical science sorts me out. (Don't) watch this space.

Good luck to Jase at Edinburgh, and anyone else racing.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

/members/images/297347/Gallery/parrkrun.jpg

Today's parkrun.

Ant you are a top fella and a mean athlete. What you achieve on those injured legs is an inspiartion. Keep the faith.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Shhh don't tell anyone..... Race Jase is in my spare room! image  image

• Great racing Menn, OO, Miss OO and Mrs Lorenzo, and great pacing Lorenzo. Ant, not so great, I hope you get sorted soon. 

County gold for me today in the 3000m. I was 2nd over all but the child in first place was in the Derbyshire champs rather than Nottinghamshire. The gun went and there was a mass charge off the start line at suicidal pace. I didn't even go with it but still ran 77 for the first 400m, which is only 1 second slower than my absolute flat out 400m effort on Tuesday. By lap 2 I had already passed two girls, then I passed at least one more runner per lap before taking two in the final lap. I was slowing down as well, just not as badly as they were. Not sure of the offical time, but I got 10.58 on my watch. Slower than I'd like, 10 seconds slower than my best, but it's something to build on. 

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

OO - Great pic there. No wonder you're so fast, neither of them feet touch the ground!image

Speedy - Great pacing/racing there. Well done!image

Ant - So nice to hear from you! Keep on keeping on and all that!!

Lorenzo - Things seem to be coming together nicely for you and Mrs L. Have you decided on a pace strategy for Stockholm? It looks like a very nice place to visit, what's the course like?

Minni - Hi there. Are you running Edinburgh?

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    So many champs..

Menna, CC, OO, Ant, Lorenzo & MrsL, Gul, you know you are all champs in your own way

Minni - leave Jase alone!!

Off to S Africa next week, car crash feeling, must HTFU
  • FrazerelliFrazerelli ✭✭✭

Calm down Minni. Where are you watching from tomorrow? Give me a shout when I chug by

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Yes Frazer I will be looking out for you! Have a good one and might catch you in the beer tent at the end.

I've looked after Jase well. He's had red wine and pizza!!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Great run speedy, another one for the trophy cabinet.

Good luck racers....

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Oh I'll be around Musselburgh Fraser. Mainly eating Lucas ice cream and drinking beer. image
  • moofmoof ✭✭✭

Good luck Fraser and Race Jace.

Great racing Speedy.

Chin up Ant, hope you can sort out your niggles.

Champions league was great.

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Leslie - oh no! If I break down again too, I'll send you my good leg if that's any use to you.
    CH - yes, I always blame the calibration of the scales  too.
    Mennania - excellent time for the 5k - pretty exceptional given the circumstances, I'd say.
    OO - cracking performances by the OO family.
    Moof - good luck to young Moof.
    GM - hope the legs are better today.
    Lorenzo - congrats to Mrs L on the PB. Both looking good for Stockholm.
    Ant - sorry to hear you've been having a rough time. Hope you'll be 100% soon.
    Speedy - congrats on another great performance and well done on bagging the gold!
    Poacher - good luck in S.Africa!
    All the best to RJ and Frazer today.
    3 laps of the field d&d = 1.4 miles image Off to do some decorating image

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Gul-thanks for the offer and be careful decorating there's too much potential for an injury in your mara week,1.4 miles is good progress.image

ANT-hopefully been times ahead for you.

Some excellent parkruns and racing well done people.image

2 mile walk last night to try and free things up a bit.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Dropped RJ off. I think I'm more nervous than him!
  • Is RJ taking today seriously or is he still too much on a high about the news of baby no. 2? 

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Cc2 - start planning your bigger trophy cabinet!

OO - nice photy and running. Having your daughter snapping at your heals must be a great focus!

lorenzo - I find the way you've coaxed your missus into joining you in your obsession utter genius! Only prob is she is getting too good at it!

hope all the injured can stay positive, it will come back to you!

good luck to the racers today!

• No trophy, just another medal that looks identical to the other county medals, xc medals and summer league medals. I really hoped the track one might look slightly different, but no!

• birderbirder ✭✭✭

Swoops in from his lurking perch.

Ran Chester half last Sunday; it was hot and breezy and I posted a disappointing 1.28. Just got back from Liverpool Rock and Roll half, it was a tad expensive but a 1.24.06 is more like it!

Hope all other racers do well today in perfect running conditions.

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Good to hear from Ant, but sorry to hear of your concerns. Stick with it (as you seem to be); best wishes from here.
    Continued nippy parkrunning by OO noted
    Speedy - well done (again).

44 mile week here (plus any miles I may add this afternoon) as I move up from tick-over phase  . . . .