URN

I'm currently running with a local athletic club with a view of joining but their in no rush for me to join, just settle in and see how it suits me. So I'm planning on running a race in the near future and wanted to know how long it takes to receive your number once you join and where it comes from? The entry form asks for your number if you're affiliated hence me asking. The people who I should ask at the club are currently away and I'm not running with them again until later in the week. Thanks.

Comments

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I needed mine quite quickly when I joined my club so the membership secretary e-mailed it to me before I got my membership card (which actually I never got till I chased it up, several months later). If it's urgent though you would need to make that clear to whoever in the club handles the membership admin, because that's the person that needs to register you.

• Brilliant I will get on it. I want to make use of being in the club for the reduced entry fee and also try and do my bit for the club and get my name and theirs in the top 50.

Thanks for the speedy reply.
  • I too, had my membership number emailed to me when I first joined my running club.  The UKEA can take a little time to actually send you through your number and card, but your own club will already have your number and can let you know what it is before you get your card.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Echo what's been said.
    Club affiliates you online with EA almost immediately so will have the number EA assigns to you.
    The cogs turn a little slower at EA so they may not process you and mail your licence for several weeks.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

But you don't need it to enter the race do you? You'll save £2 that's all.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

He might need to represent the club if there's a team competition or something, Mr P. Otherwise, since he's planning to join anyway, why not do it now and save the 2 quid?

I actually did need mine to enter a race which is why I'd joined the club in the first place. It's a slippery slope. Before I knew it I was being sucked over to the dark side of cross country, other random distance league races and weeknight drinking.

• Thanks for the replies, yes your right Mr Puffy I don't need it to entef the race but figure I'm planning on joining so may as well make a saving if I can. Hopefully sorting it out tomorrow night.

Literatin, I'm now worried, I'm running with the dark side too and dipping my toe in the world trail running. There's already talk of doing ultras image
  • HellywobsHellywobs ✭✭✭

Usually you just need the number but I have entered races where you had to show the race licence to get the £2 discount on the day, or send a photocopy with a postal entry. So I'd join your club sooner rather than later.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Yeah, and I had to use all my powers of charm and persuasion to blag my discount at Sweatshop when EA never sent me my race licence!