Recurring injury... doctor's useless and physio's costng a fortune!

I injured my leg a couple of years ago whilst doing a fitness test. The doc diagnosed a muscle injury, and sent me along to the local NHS physio.

Needless to say they were next to useless, so ended up going to a private physio. Had physio on the leg every three weeks over a series of months, and injury was fine, and carried on training as normal with no side effects. Carried on with the physio after it had healed, as I had another fitness test coming up, so wanted to be in tip top condition. Do the fitness test again, as before no warm up, leg starts playing up again.

I also have another injury from being thrown off a horse - I basically have a sore arse (pain in the coxy, and problems with piriformus muscle).

These two injuries don't bother me if I go and see the physio every few weeks. However if my horse had to have constant physio, I'd be getting the vet out to find out where the problem is coming from. So I went to the doc's... who packed me off with some anti-inflammtories, and I can get a referral to the rubbish NHS physio when I'm not busy with work.

Can't say I'm best impressed with the doc's, but asides from spending another small fortune at the physio, I really dont know what to do next. I dont have any medical insurance, and the injuries are more "niggles" than anything, but I'm getting fed up of them aching.

Comments