Brighton Marathon 2015

Comments

• @tillstar was speaking to someone after the Edinburgh marathon recently who is doing 6 marathons in 7 weeks later on this year! Personally I respect anyone who can complete a marathon as long as they have done their best.  

Couple of weeks off training for me have a nasty chest infection 10 days steroids and 7 days antibioics just want to get out and run

• @andyp did you do the kent roadrunner? Did it feel boring? something different?

• @andyp did you do the kent roadrunner? Did it feel boring? something different?

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭
    Early run this morning for me, up at 5am and did 5km of intervals in bucketing rain. Joy. Onto the turbo this evening as I have a race in 3 weeks so it's a bit of everything for me at the moment.
  • Robert OHara 2 wrote (see)

@tillstar was speaking to someone after the Edinburgh marathon recently who is doing 6 marathons in 7 weeks later on this year! Personally I respect anyone who can complete a marathon as long as they have done their best.  

Makes my pathetic 5 marathons in 6 months look a poor show really image I'd better start booking some more up!
    5 more miles in the bank for me today

• BasherBasher ✭✭✭

5k in 22:30 after work on treadmill.  Big thing is though i did 7:30 (one third)of that at 6m/mile pace.  a bit like interval training, hopefully, in time will incree the pc of time at top speed such that i can do the whole lot in 18:45

• 5 miles turned in to 4 for me tonight as legs still tired from speed run this morning. Need to slow down on my longer runs as I'm running too fast to be able to sustain it again
  • Slightly aching legs this morning - I've missed that feeling! First run in almost 2 weeks thanks to throat infection, a relatively gentle session on the treadmill but ended up doing 5.5 miles with 6 lots of 4 minutes walking and 6 minutes at 9.30 min/mile pace. quite happy with that as I'm still not 100%.

Got a 10km at Whipsnade Zoo on Sunday which I'm looking forward to

• Morning all

some good running going on no running for me since Tuesday did a gym session on Wednesday but resting up till tomorrows 10k then have a another one in 2 weeks the chew valley 10k only the second time this one’s been run

• just done the park run this morning in sunny Whitstubble, done ok but got attackeg by thousands of black small flies, must have been my bright orange running top. Going to try the Ramsgate Rotary 10k tomorrow morning, not to fussed about the time, just a nice steady run is all I want, im easily pleased lol.
  • SAFERSAFER ✭✭✭

Off to Henley in the morning for a gentle 21km training run in the country-side. Should make a nice change from Richmond Park.

Rain jacket or no rain jacket...... that has to be the question this weekend?

• First longer run of the training plan now it's been adjusted to train for September's half rather than focussing on the marathon already. 6 hot miles on a hilly course and I averaged a consistent 920 - more than happy with that. Need a few pints of water now tho image
  • Seaford HM. Was very warm, but injuries have taken their toll and it was comfortably my slowest so far image Still really enjoyed it though. And good to enter a HM after a 16 month gap.

Hope everyone is keeping well image

• Afternoon all

Well Bradley Stoke 10k done and dusted no PB  and although my Garmin said 47:06 the official time came in at 46:59 which is only 42 seconds outside my best was just a tad too warm today for me

• Did the medway 10k this morning and boy was it hot, no pb but didn't expect one with the heat and quite a hard course. Thanks for all the encouragement you guys give it all helps spur me on. Been going through a negative time with my running but im still persevering and working on my pace rather than pbs at the moment. 

• I  ran a leisurely 5 miles at 8 o'clock this morning and it was very warm then!!! I was tempted to join my dogs in the river Thames when they went swimming on every lap round!!

Well done everyone , on all your runs ...

• Crustie are you local to medway? I'm from Rochester
  • Robert OHara 2 wrote (see)

@andyp did you do the kent roadrunner? Did it feel boring? something different?

Hi Robert - yes I did

I thought it would be a nightmare (17 laps) but the fact I saw my running buddies regularly (those supporting and running) made it a unique experience.  Also, the fact I could leave my drinks & gels in a place where I could get to them easily, rather than carry them with me, also helped a lot.

Hope you get over your chest infection quickly.

• 59 minutes for the Whipsnade 10km yesterday. After being ill during the night before and following 2 weeks off with illness and with only session last Thursday I was quite pleased with that even though I was over 10 minutes off my PB. Having seen the full results today, I was comfortably in the first half of the finishers which I'm chuffed about.

Next stop run Hackney Half in 2 weeks time

• @andyp Read quite a few reviews all saying the same as you, will be entering on Friday (payday) Chest infection is getting there lots of steroids and anti-biotics to go through went out for a light 3 miles yesterday 1st run for two weeks legs felt heavy after Edinburgh marathon!

• Hmmm seriously tempted by the Kent Roadrunner marathon now.......

• Clocked a comfortable 7.5 miles on the treadmill at the gym today  was well chuffed considering I did the medway 10k yesterday. Just can't seem to shift anymore  weight even though I'm watching what I eating,  ho hum I'll keep plodding on. Hope everyone else is enjoying their running. 

• Morning all

just 3 miles for me yesterday first run for Snowmaiden in a week her ankle was ok so the weeks rest seems to have done the trick some great running going on as usual well done to all those who took part in races over the weekend

• Tillstar wrote (see)

Hmmm seriously tempted by the Kent Roadrunner marathon now.......

Go on Tillstar  - you know it makes sense....

• Ooops just entered - I blame you Andy P image

• Oh dear Tillstar - one carless click and hours of pain!!! I should know as i keep doing it as well!!!

• we're all in that camp I agree.

I'll be there too Tillstar so please feel free to moan at me image

• Oh FFS, just looked at the Kent Roadrunner site and the vest alone is enough to get me thinking that it could be a good idea...

• Tillstar your braver than me 1 marathon a year is quite enough for me

• @2wheels- I was tempted this year to buy one but managed to stay firm.....image