Sub 3h15

Comments

• Abbers wrote (see)

PMJ - any particular plan to deliver you to the start line on the 18th in top shape?

Race lots of 5ks and then have a few days rest. Sometimes simple is best.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Hi Guys! Have barely looked at running sites for the last 6 weeks or so, just the odd lurk but I have been ticking over with around 3 runs per week. Not done anything longer than 7 miles since the Brighton marathon so best get my arse in gear for the Thames half which I'll be entering for October. 82 miles for June is low for you lot but my best for 5 years!! image

Have also entered the Dorney Dash 10k for the end of July. Any southerners on here doing that one? I feel a PB coming on.

Have concentrated on running hilly routes and doing track sessions. It appears to be working as I ran an 800 split in 2.57 last week which is a PB for me. Extra pleased as the split was in the second half of a 2,4,8,8,4,2, pyramid type session.

Hope all is well with everyone. Time to read back...

SB

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Gul- good news on your mum and getting back at it.image

Abbers - no twinges that's not normal is it ?

PMJ-you make it sound easy

SB- getting some speed up then.

6x 800m for me this morn after 12 hr night shift all came in at around 6:30 pace with the 400m recoveries at 8m /mile for extra endurance/painimage.Due to a counting error one 800m turned into a 1200m rep according to Mr Garmin and there was only a few dogs on the track at 7:15 trying to run in my path.image

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Abbers - Good to see you back running again.

Rennur - I was reading about the WS100 yesterday and it sounded like a good race. How they can run like that is beyond me.

PMJ - Nice target race for your 5k. I would love to run Hyde Park parkrun one day. You sound like your there or thereabouts re your 3,000m target. I am hoping that I can do 18:30 for 5k by the end of the month but have a bit of a problem at the mo so no running for me in the past few days which is a pity as I was just getting back to it again. Trip to the doctors in the morning should hopefully resolve the issue.

SB - Hi there and good to hear from you again and you sound in good form.

Leslie - Nice running there after your 12hr shift.

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

Loved loved loved reading your report, marrows!  Excellent result and AG win. In the few triathlons I did, I used to place quite well in my AG and OA but was eventually put off by all the gear and swag being waved around.  I returned to the comfort and simplicity of running. Speaking of which, the Achilles are behaving with some excellent Graston therapy applied with brute force by my new chiro, TAR.  Cheers for asking. How are yours?

• marrowsmarrows ✭✭✭

Lorenzo - 150 miles in a day is not messing about! Do you have a less-fit friend to ride with, & take the pressure off?  I can't find any photos from the tri, thank goodness

PMJ - wahoo, thanks for pointing out parkruns back on Po10! That's taken a nice chunk off my runbritain handicap.  Is the 18th a 'last friday'? Cos it's not..

Abbers, well mended, hope you enjoyed the splashing meanwhile

Gul, I have heard people rave about their new hips. Hope your mum does too.

Thanks for the kind comments on the triathlon.  The occasional tri is fun but they're too complicated and expensive to be a regular habit!  And it was a bit of a distraction from what I meant to do over the summer, but haven't started yet, namely do some speed work and get 5K, 10K times that I can use to set a marathon target for next spring. It's the sub 3:15 spring marathon thread after all!

Just got my garmin back after a few weeks (left it at a friend's house) and been looking up strava segments around next week's conference destination image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

8 miles easy tonight, legs felt annoyingly fresh image Not sure if it was the travel, the training or the diet but something wasn't right last night.

Leslie- you are hard

Abbers/Gul  keep it up... 

PMJ- I'm still looking for a track 5k in the hunt for a PB 

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Good news Gul...

Rennur that's one of THE great races - interested to hear more about your observations.  Just to be part of it must be something special.

I was going to ask what bum cream is, but have decided against.

Loads of signage round here about the Tour as it passes through a small part of Derbyshire as well as Yks. As Birch knows, Derbys. is every bit as good as Yks. image

Down south this w/e so accidentally entered a race - the Bewl 15 in Kent. Should be pretty and mage a bit hilly. Looking forward to being chicked by Minni in a few weeks' time at the Northumberland Coastal (will also be severely beaten by OO of course)

• Sporty Badger wrote (see)

Have also entered the Dorney Dash 10k for the end of July. Any southerners on here doing that one? I feel a PB coming on.

SB

I'll be there with BOTF as we host it. I am hoping to pace make for either 40 or 45 minutes. What are you aiming for?

marrows wrote (see)

PMJ - wahoo, thanks for pointing out parkruns back on Po10! That's taken a nice chunk off my runbritain handicap.  Is the 18th a 'last friday'? Cos it's not..

It is the last Friday. Real last Friday is July 25th but there is a calendar clash so it is one week earlier.

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Apologies for another flying visit. 10 mile progressive this morning (8:30 to 6:23 m/m). Right calf a bit sore, so hope I haven't overdone it. Noted some fast running by PMJ amongst others.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

PMJ: I'll be looking for a sub-42. I've done a sub-42 once in training but never in a race.

I've rarely raced 10k so my PB isn't as impressive as some on here. I set my 42.37 PB around the lake at the Dorney Dash in 2007. I did it last year but was injured and only managed a 44.03. Really looking forward to giving it a go this year.

SB

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

GFA entry completed and confirmed image 

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

For all you cycling fans: the TDF is causing such excitement in Derbyshire that several people have forgotten to feed their ferrets

/members/images/76130/Gallery/20140704_141100.jpg

You have to say "allez Glossop" with a fairly thick northern accent to get the full effect

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Gul -watch that calf 

SB- sub 42 in training you should be faster in a race then image

00-51 -good news on the gfa or is that very gfa image

6 miles easy this afternoon after I got up here around 8:30/mile.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

Hey SB, welcome back 

2hr fast ride yesterday and 3 hr run on the tready this afternoon - I hooked up a screen and watched the shawshank redemption whilst plodding along - time zoomed by.

Currently at Alton Towers base camp (a hotel in Stoke) with half of the family ready to make an assault on the big rides tomorrow morning! Should be fun image

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend 

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

SB - welcome back - good luck with the sub 42 attempt.
    SJ - good training.
    Enjoy the TdF everyone spectating today.
    16 miles d&d. First 10 or so very gastropod-like and then picked up the pace just a little bit to finish.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Good luck SB, it's coming.

Normal service resumed Gul... 

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

TR - Good luck for your 1/2 IM. What's the weather like there?

SJ - 3hrs dreadmill run sounds tough to me but great choice of movie.

OO - Good news re you VLM GFA entry. I may consider doing it if I get offered a place by my club.

After another niggle enforced break from running but I got out today and had a lovely 7 miler with 3 miles of hills and my average pace was skewed by the hills and the last two miles at 6:20mm pace on the flat section to home. 7:12mm for the 7 miles and nice to wind up the pace at the end. Legs felt very fresh but hopefully I can a decent streak of running in now over the next few months.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Action shot from outside here with young Seb chasing me down in the background. Weather not so good today though!

/members/images/612983/Gallery/IMG_00000328.jpg

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Looks fab GM, where is it?

18:25 parkrun, worse than hoped for image  

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

what the hell happened there....

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

OO - Nice parkrun, maybe your recent 10k effort was still in your legs. It's Greve D'Azette beach which is next to Havre des Pas beach (that's on our doorstep) on the south coast. Good for running when the tide is out or your can run along the coast road when it's in.

• So you weren't happy then OO? image. I did 24.xx in mine, but it was part of a 19 miler and I'm saving my legs for the women's league 3000m tomorrow. 

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

So you did 19 ,in prep for a 3k Speedy...image

Haven't really run well since the Blaydon race 4 weeks ago GM. You beach looks a lot like mine (Longsands Tynemouth) but a lot warmer I'd wager. 

• Not exactly textbook, I know. Needs must!