Tuesday 8th July 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - She looks out her window

Sunny start here but rain forecast to arrive before midday.

What:                hopefully a couple of hours on the bike
Why:                 I've run two days in a row
Last hard:         losing the last excess post Denmark kg
Last rest:          2/7

Yesterday's lyrics - I Can Dream Can't I by The Carpenters

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: 30 mins or so this evening
    Why: getting back into it/losing some of the 4kg I have put on since the start of May..Easier to put on than shift I suspect!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning
    Emz - is it possible to get 'nap envy', if so I have it! But as has been said, you need it, so take things easy.
    LmH - nice run
    what - club night, think its 3x1800s
    why - Tuesday
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - Saturday

Well the tour ran later than expected, but managed to nip out and see them although I skipped the pre rider parade and sponsors buses. Seemed to be going at a decent clip. mind you it was about 3-4k from the finish. 2nd time I've seen it now, after the tour ride through Kent, about what, 7 years ago?
    Best place would be on a French hill side though I'm sure!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Yes Dustin, nap envy is justified, but I don't advise driving off a motorway to enable you to get it!

375 m swam, did 15 lengths, then went into the warmer pool, did my physio exercises, then another 5 lengths.  Went to the jacuzzi after to relax where I got chatted up by a rather rotund 16 year old in a school group (he thought I was part of the school group).

Sounds like lots of people got a glimpse of the Tour image

Have a good one all.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Morning.  Nice session today.  7.25 miles including 6 x 0.5 miles with 2 minute recovery.  Rep times were 2:46, 2:45, 2:45, 2:53, 2;50, 2:47. Hard going, especially in the middle.  

Lyrics, I think so although not certain.

• LOL emzap - that must be good for the ego image

Any races coming up Donaldo.

Alehouse - it is sooooo much easier to gain it than it is to lose it.

Have you decided to enter any races Dustin?

Did a couple of hours on the bike. Had the time and weather for more but difficult to motivate myself when it's just a filler.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

LMH, not sure on the races front.  All seems to have gone quiet up here!  I think I will race a parkrun on Saturday and then I might do a mile relays event in Edinburgh next week.  I also have one of those crazy muddy challenge type runs next Saturday so that'll be 'fun'. Other than that, no real plans.  What's next for you? 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

oooh Emz you cougar....

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Ha ha Dustin, he was probably half my age and three times my weight!  Though, always good to be mistaken for a 16 year old image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Sorry LmH - missed your question. can't do the ultra thing you mentioned (away) but toying with Salisbury in Mid August. It won't be raced, more a 'see if I can run 40-50k' type thing. As always it depends if there is kids athletics or hockey or swimming...
    Beyond that, well its almost cross country season...
    Really fancy an ultra but seriously need to up my miles...

• Donaldo - the next thing I have entered is the Boston six hour in August.

Dustin - see above - 24th (I think) would that suit? Laps around a country park so no navigation and easy in terms of logistics/support/stopping.

• I hope it's not nearly XC season Dustin I want more sunshine firstimage

Another good session Donaldo and nice to see you posting running alehouse.

emzap hope that gave you a smile and the aches are fading.

I had a change this weekend and ended up doing a parkrun and a unscheduled undulating off road 10k on the Sunday instead of a long run. Both went well and because it was a small event I ended up winning the ladies race in the 10k and 35 pounds! I took it easy for the first half as I was unsure of my speed endurance. First 5k in 22.11, second in 21.16, no ladies to chase and mixed terrain so very happy with my progress. Funnily enough I ran a similar race at the same time last year in just about the same time so feel I'm nearly back!!

What: am 10 miles easy

pm: 3 miles easy

Why: Building

Last rest: Friday

Lyrics not today
  • Afternoon all,

My boss was in London yesterday and videoed le tour from the office window.  The vid lasted less than a minute.

• What:  7ish clarendon way
    • Why:  Done the home end and the work end, now just the bit in the middle...
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest:  Saturday

Have a good one!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

forever, great stuff, well done in the race.  A few quid is always good! image

• Afternoon

What 2x4M progressions

Why speed month

Lyrics no

Did anyone catch the tri talk on woman's hour (R4) this morning? One for Dibs I thought.

Still not happy with my lack of pace at the moment but am probably being a bit impatient.

• Nice win forever!

I didn't - was it any good postie?

• Probably nothing you don't already know but worth as listen especially for novices.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Might see you at Salisbury Dustin, may opt for the 21k or 30k option, but have not decided yet....

Great running Forever, well done on the win and pacing

6.25m for me, and have summer XC tomorrow night

Take care

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Good to be back winning, Forever! And even at half time I think I can say nice win Germany, also!

What: just over 30 mins, 5.5k.
    Why: trying to be a jogger.

Go well tomorrow, RFJ.
    Shoes: have just received 2 pairs of Ascis DS Trainers; I have several pairs already. Same size as the last ones. Narrower. Shorter. I'm sure I will manage but next time remind me to order half a size larger.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.