Wednesday 9th July 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - Libraries gave us power

It's a pain when they do that to shoes Alehouse. Are you sure they're going to be ok to use though? No point in a self-inflicted injury if it can be avoided.

What:                 swim
Why:                  trying to stay strong
Last hard:          motivating myself on the bike
Last rest:           2/7

Yesterday's lyrics - The Line by Noah And The Whale

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: maybe a walk

Why: back sore after swimming

Last hard: swimming

Lyrics: nope

Ale 1st test starts today image

Well done forever, good weekend of running there

Have a good one all
  • Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭
    I know this one! So decided to join in

What - interval swim

Why - tapering from today

Last hard - yesterday, tempo run

Lyrics - yes!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning,
    Welcome Mrs Noel!
    Nice win forever
    LmH - If that's August I think it is unlikely as I think I'm in Kent (family) for bank holiday w/e
    what - 6 easy lunchtime
    why - legs mashed: 3x1800s last night with 200 recoveries. Tried to ran each 'flat out' must've worked as its the closest I've come to being sick since a hard track session in the winter.
    last rest - 10 days
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - on a barren streak at the moment.

I wonder if the Germans were singing "its just like watching Brazil" last night. That change strip has to go though.

• Welcome to the DTT Mrs Noel - tapering for what?

You must be getting really fed up now emzap.

It is August Dustin.

Whilst walking Grace I decided that it was far too nice a morning to waste in the pool so today's what turned into an easy run.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hope it goes well tonight RFJ.

Just 3.8 miles today, legs have nothing left in them! Going to take a couple of rest days now and then have a parkrun on Saturday.

Dustin, that was some result last night! I dont watch a lot of football but looking forward to the 2nd semi-final tonight. Not expecting a similar result though!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

I don't watch football either, but being in Germany it's hard to avoid it round here!  Think Sunday may be a bit crazy (hooters going till 1am this morning, and that was only after winning the semifinal...)

LMH wasn't fed up until I looked outside, 2 days of rain with no sign of it letting up, so now a walk is looking more and more unlikely.  I keep telling myself (and work) I'll be back next week, but it never comes!  I will be back next week though!

Hello Mrs Noel.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning! And welcome Mrs N!

Lyrics: no

What: 22 mins/4k off road on cinder paths
    Why: Trying to get back into it. 1st k slow, next two quicker, last one slower. Felt a lot better than last night.

Pleasant day here, although I said that yesterday and then it rained: torrential with the grass and drive flooded!

Watching the cricket now: a good pitch to bat on! Then off to a neighbour's funeral: a decent innings. 91.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Don, or anyone else: I have two spare tickets for Commonwealth Hockey on Thursday 24th at 7.00, cost price, £15 each if you know of anyone who wants them. Son can't go and it is before I arrive in Bonnie Scotland.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • A'noon

Cracking warm and sunny day here.

Lots to catch up on

• Welcome Mrs Noel

I'm working nightshift for the Commonwealth Games !

Going to the Diamond League Meeting at Hampden with MissB on both this Friday and Saturdayimage

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Phwoar - 7:1 - I'm mighty impressed. I never thought they had it in them. Honestly. Made me feel sorry for Brazil. At the end of the day it's their home cup!! Hope it's going to be a Dutch-German final image. That's my first conscious memory of footy: the 1974 final (I was six at the time) and was allowed to stay up late imageimage

Forever: very impressive weekend of racing there. Nice to have some reassurance that speed and fitness are back.

Welcome, Mrs. Noel  image

what: 12 miles
    why: away over the WE, so need to get some miles in now
    last rest: Monday (unless you count core work)
    last hard: image dunno
    lyrics: no

• Afternoon all,

Welcome Mrs Noel.

• What:  5ish.  finally found a flat route.  Pity that I felt carp and my knee hurt
    • Why:  one foot in front of the other
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest;  Saturday

Have a good one!

• alehouse why oh why do they always think they can improve a shoe? Change the colour if they have too but if it's selling I don't understand the need to 'improve'. Have you any races planned for the future?

chickadee happy days for Germany eh? I actually felt uncomfortable watching it at some points!

Dustin lol always a good indicator of working hard.

birkmyre enjoy the athletics!

Happy summer XC running RFJ

LMH good idea to make the most of the sunshine, you never know how long it will be around!

What: am 45 mins easy plus 20 x 30 secs steep hill reps.

pm 30 mins easy

Why; Building strength and recovery

Last rest: Friday
  • Afternoon

Welcome Mrs Noel

What 15

Why mwlr

Lyrics no

Nice morning for a longish run and feel better for having completed it.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Evening all

welcome mrs noel

postie I know what you mean about feeling good after that run today

agree about shoe changes I have fallen foul of that more than once, chickadee I felt uncomfortable and shocked watching that game last night

af sorry to hear you felt carp on your run

alehouse sounds like you had a good run

I am on holiday this week but at home, it's so nice! Went up the road on Monday to watch tdf whizz by!

what 10 mile long every slow run this morning

why well I am off work so the opportunity was there to be taken

last hard that was I felt very slow indeed

last easy yesterday

have a good evening all I will be Orange tonight....

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the very warm welcome. I'm tapering for the Peak District Tri on Sunsay. Swim duly accomplished. Well done all those doing long runs, great day for it.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Welcome Mrs Noel

Just back and bathed after Race 7 of the RR10 (XC) league at Marwell zoo.... tough going, but got my best placing of the year so far 72nd.... 36:55 for 5.01m muddy tough miles.... happy image

Take care all

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good running RFJ, great pace. image

Footie is rubbish tonight - penalties here we come!