Friday 11th July 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - I’d just turned twenty six and she was twenty three

Sounds like a good mini break Blisters - Mrs B doesn't dive then?

Alehouse - much as it pains me I know you're right. I'm at nearly peak marathon mileage this week already, no wonder everything is creaking. I shall search for my common sense head. Part of the problem is that swimming and cycling are a little like rubbing salt in at the moment and don't chase the black dog away as well as running does.

Anyone racing this weekend?

What:                  swim
Why:                   niggly/being sensible
Last hard:           finding the sensible head
Last rest:             2/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Free World by Kirsty MacColl.

Enjoy the chocolate of your choice image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning LMH

21 degrees and sunny here todayimage

I'm working at Diamond League athletics at Hampden tonight

Mrs B and Miss B are going too. Mrs B is using my ticket.

Not sure yet if I'm also working at it tomorrow, if not then I'll be taking Miss Bimage

Good choice of lyrics yesterday.

Catch up time.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Hope you get to see some of the athletics, Birks.

LMH: glad to see the sensible head is working!!

What: rest
    Why: sensible head

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Lmh hope the sensible head isn't too difficult to wear! Take care

Birkmyre hope the family enjoy

Hi ale house also wearing a sensible head!

Eating breakfast in bed on my last day holiday at home

Had a great pyramid session at my club last night it's been ages since I went so I really felt good being back

What off to meet the girls soon and later a 3 mile tempo

Why schedule

Last hard last night

Last rest Tuesday

Supposed to do dunwich dynamo tomorrow but feeling apprehensive especially of it's raining

Have a good weekend peeps
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Not doing well in lyrics so I don't think I know today's either!

Chuckling about blisters dork post....
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: doctor and physio plus a walk
    Why: no choice!
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

LMH nope the niggles subside soon.  The dried fruit is going well thanks, strawberries are great (though finished now in the garden), sweet cherries are pretty good and the sour ones are delicious!
    Birks enjoy the athletics tonight
    Ale how are the legs feeling after yesterday's run?
    Blisters sounds like a great holiday

Some good news here.  If my boss approves it, I'm allowed to go back 4 hours a day starting on Monday image  I have to try it out Monday and Tuesday, then if all goes well, I'll be doing that until the start of August.  Do have to make the journey to work somehow though, and still can't drive for long distances (i.e. the 50 miles to work!). I think we have progress.  Just hope I can do it.

• That's going to be an awful lot of travelling emzap, which could be very wearing, could you not start by working from home? I am partial to dried strawberries in white chocolate which they sell on the market, try not to have too many though! Niggles are just high mileage - I've run 67 miles so far this week which is a huge increase from when tri training but I don't know quite how else to train for a six hour race!

Nice way to make a living birks - I'll look out for you on the tv image

Enjoy your last holiday day Wabo. What's next for you race wise?

Not easy being sensible is it Alehouse?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I asked about working from home and was given a resounding no...no reason, just no! Still waiting to hear if part time is allowed...I do have the doctor's note but they can still say no.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Hope it's a good meet Birkmyre, and hope you enjoy the experience of working at it!  

More time in the garden for me today - not lounging though - cutting the substantial amount of grass!  Will still need suncream and hat - scorching!

Great mileage, LMH, I'm in awe - I'd not be able to move!

• That's the difference with running it all easy I think Donaldo.

How annoying emzap.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Legs feel fine today, Emz...although I'm not going to check them by running! Have run the last three days which in terms of the last couple of months is a lot. Expected a sore (good) Achilles this morning as it niggled last night but I did some stretching after the run so that may have helped. Easy being sensible today as I am so busy! Work then a meal to celebrate a decent Ofsted inspection, then out with a friend. Not good for the waistline! Good job I don't eat chocolate!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon all,

I heard a mother say to her child today; "just wait until the jogger's gone past".  Humiliation!

• What:  7ish
    • Why:  ?
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest:  Yesterday

Have a good one!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Af bet you wanted to say 'I'm a runner'

Lmh I think - apart from all the club races- a half or two in September. Looking at Bacchus half at the mo- I like the sound of wine at the water stations ha ha!

Emzap I hope you don't mind me asking but what has happened to cause you not to work? I think I have missed it?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Wabo I had a car accident about 6 weeks ago which left me with brain injury (the level above a bad concussion, I don't think there's an English word for it, and spinal trauma.  You should definitely do Baccus, it's great fun, though don't expect a good time, the wine and food is too good!

Got the go-ahead to work on Monday image (never have I been so happy to go to work!)

• emzap so very pleased for you!

AF but we know you're notimage From my days as happiness I'm sure I remember you as a sub 3? 2.45? runner.

LMH for a lady who claims not to do hard..........a six hour race?

alehouse good news on the running front.

Lyrics yes today.

What: 6 miles easy

Why: Good for the mind and the body

Last rest: Friday

Hopefully our weather will change over the weekend. Another cool and breezy day. Testing me already for winter running which is when I will need you guys to kick me out of bed!!
  • Pleased for you emzap.

forever - it's just a case of keeping moving, much like the IM. Now racing a 5k - that would be hard.

AF - I hate that. Had a group of cyclists do it to me on a country lane not long ago 'mind the jogger'. 'Jogger' I spluttered,' jogger?!? Runner please'. Made them laugh anyway. Another good one I had was in the last mile of a 20 mile run, small child turns to parents and says 'that lady isn't running very fast'.

Enjoy the meal Alehouse. Do you just have one week of term left?

• LMH it is funny how our perception of things can be so different. However, I still think 6 hours of anything is worthy of respect.!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening! Just getting changed between a decent meal and going to the Alehouse!
    LMH: I have three and a half days work left this term. The school finishes Friday but I am not required: that's good as I can pack for a few days in Lisbon with my daughter! This time next week I will be in mid-air, all being well!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Sounds like you are looking forwards to the break Alehouse image

The big 250 parkrun for me tomorrow, we are making a bit of a fuss and a day of it.... why not?

Good interval session tonight as not planning on racing parkrun tomorrow, warm up the 4 x 2 mins 30 secs, 3 x 2 mins, 2 x 1 min 30 secs and 1 x 1 min, it hurt, but was good.... 6.64m in total.

Take care

not sure with the lyrics