Saturday 12th July 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - What's all that commotion going on?

It does sound as though you're looking forward to Lisbon Alehouse - and why wouldn't you be.

If you want to make a fuss about it RFJ why shouldn't you? Hope you enjoy the day.

Did you have a good evening birks? Are you spectating or working this evening?

It's all about perception and strengths (or even perceived strengths) isn't it forever.

It's going to be another warm one here - you watch it be cold and wet on the 24th August image

What:                     LSR
Why:                      ultra training
Last hard:              you know I don't do hard
Last rest:               2/7

Yesterday's lyrics - My Own Worst Enemy - Stereophonics.

Edit: Ooops, just realised I may have used these lyrics recently - I'm running out of ideas, sorry!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning LMH

Thought I might have been the one to start the thread today. Will try next week honest

I did enjoy itimage I was trackside last night and I'm working at it today. Mrs and Miss B are going too.

Brekkie calling

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

What: tail runner at parkrun then a further run afterwards
    Why: making sure I both run slowly and get a few more ks in

Lyrics: no

RFJ: enjoy the fuss!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Enjoy number 250 RFJ! image

I did my 10th parkrun today and my 4th in Perth.  Unfortunately, didn't run well even though I tried and came home in 18:36, my slowest time for that course.  Hopped on the scales at home afterwards and found out the reason.  2 weeks into my summer holiday and 3 pounds on already.  I can't help myself - snacking all the time - no Will power to stop!  Ah well, life is too short to give up all the treats!! imageimage

Enjoy being trackside Birkmyre, hope you've got your wet gear!! 

Lyrics, no.

• Good session RFJ. Hope you had a fun morning.

I thought of you whilst watching last night birkmyre image

Grey here but very humid now, still, an improvement on the cold of the last few days.

A hard effort off road parkrun for me this morning. My watch time 20.57 so a course pb of 44 secs and first lady.(6.46, 6.56 hill, 6.43, last bit 5.33) It did hurt though LMH!

What: 3 miles wu/cd plus parkrun

Why: Halfway round I wasn't sure!

Last rest: 4/7

Hope you had a good run too Donaldo.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning again!

10.19k run, with 5k very slow (40 mins) as tail runner...found that 5k hard...difficult to run that slowly. The next 5k was rather quicker!

Well done Forever! And that is still a time that you would have been happy with a year or so ago Don.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That's what I mean forever - much more like hard work than my bimbly 23 miles getting burnt despite my factor 30! Congratulations on the win.

That must be your longest run for a while Alehouse?

Can't snack whilst you're running Donaldo image

Trackside birks? Nice!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done forever, great run! image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Excellent running Forever

Great day here, loads of cake and bubbly and BBQ, a lot of fuss all over and great fun by all.... ran with Mrs RFJ so a nice steady pace... great day, thanks all

Take care

• What: sea swim at Balnakiel followed by drive and ferry home
    Why: back for wedding do of colleague tonight
    last run: 9 days ago
    last hard: plucking off the copious ticks near Glenelg

Just back from week away - Lochalsh then slowly north via Skye. Lots of swimming, kayaking, walking and a bit of cycling.