Monday 14th July 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - I'm looking for an interruption

Hope it clears as soon as it came RFJ.

Another lovely start to the day here - long may it last.

What:                      swim/short, easy run
Why:                       recovery
Last hard:               thinking of lyrics
Last rest:                2/7

Yesterday's lyrics - A Way With The Blues by Beautiful South

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

LMH: Sorry meant to start the thread but I slept in today !

Catch up time over coffee

• Morning again

Have the English school holidays started ? Just wondering s its quiet on here today.

LMH: I'd a great view on both days. I was at the front of the North Stand (the backstraight) at the 200m mark on Saturday. Got a brilliant view of David Rushida. Cracking 1500m too.

• What: crewing a small sailing catamaran
    Why: nephew and friend visiting with said cat
    Last run 11 days ago image
    Last rest also a while ago

lyrics no

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Ugh. Hangover image. But very very very happy! And the rest of the team is hungover too. What a nail biter. I really thought at some points that Argentina would win image

Not much running to report. Last decent run I did was a 12.5 miler on Friday (very slow as it was hot an muggy). Then we spent a lovely weekend away in the Rhine area, sampling copious amounts of vino. I very nearly went for a short "sobering up" run this morning, but heavy rain put paid to that.

Great running LMH, by the sounds of it. So, how many 20+ milers do you do per week? It really seems to work image.

Excellent parkrun, forever. Your speed is coming back nicely. Mind you, you do a lot of hard training with various doubles, hill reps and the like.

em: sounds like thinks are starting to look up for you. Hope you find a way to manage the journey. I think Germans don't get the concept of working from home. In many ways we are stuck in the dark agesimage

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Well done to Germany - chickadee, the right team won the tournament, they were definitely the best. image

12 miles nice and easy for me today.  Very enjoyable at a comfortable pace.  Quite cool this morning, which made a nice change.

Lyrics, nope! 

• Hehe I don't envy you the hangover chickadee but it must have been very exciting for you to watch. Congrats to your country!!! A couple of days off this weekend will have done you good I'm sure ....not sure about the copious amounts of wine thoughimage

LMH wow all sounds to be going well...when is your ultra? Two hours easy is my maximum at the moment but I did enjoy my bimble yesterday.

Donaldo what's the new regime? Sounds like a planned military operationimage

RFJ hope your back is feeling better today.

The sun is shining and it's the best day we've had for a while but rest is needed so just a long walk with Rose instead.

What: Rest

Why: My first proper race at the weekend and I need to cut back this week image
  • don: The Baton Relay is in Inverclyde today and is in Erskine on Thursday at lunch time. Good 12miles by you today.

Smiry rain here now...

Congrats to Germany too.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

back to work today...

indeed the best team won!

chickadee hope the hangover eases..

what: need to do my lsr - 12 miles this evening

why: can't fit it in anywhere else

last hard: yesterday am 2 mile fun run but with buggy!! Never done that before - my daughter did 2 miles in 20.23, so proud I am

last rest saturday

I didnt do Dunwich Dynamo, weather looked atrocious and I did not have the nerve for 120 miles through the night possibly in the rain

have a good day all

sa

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Don't blame you Wabo - not sure it would have been something I'd call fun.

First proper race forever? Didn't you win a 10k a few days ago? My ultra is the 24th August.

chickadee - I'm going to try for four this week - as long as the body holds up. I'm such a lightweight I can't drink enough to have a hangover image

Not your fault birks, I do tend to be up quite early at the minute.

I like crewing on cats OH - is it a Hobie?

2.2k swum and 5 miles run for me today, would have done more but I'm trying to be sensible as I'd like to go long again tomorrow.

• Afternoon all,

• What:  5ish
    • Why:  Back to the grind after a weekend wobble
    • Last Hard: N/A
    • Last Rest:  Sunday

Have a good one!

• LMH middle of August for an Ultra is very brave! I did win a very small 'on the spur of the moment' race a couple of weeks ago. No prep or expectation more a training run. This is a good fast course and I would like to be close to a pb.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Forever, New regime is designed for me to lose weight, properly.  I have put on 5 pounds in the last fortnight and I know that if things don't change that it would continue.  So I am now recording all my food, counting all my calories and entirely cutting out booze and snacks like crisps and peanuts, which I eat loads of!!

Added to that, I have some more long-term racing goals set, all of which require a lighter me!!  Will power is good today - who knows how long that will last haha! image

Birkmyre, sounds like you had a great time at the athletics, are you going to see the baton this week? It was in sunny Dunoon yesterday - was feeling  a wee bit homesick watching it on the telly. 

• I'm far better in the heat than the cold and wet forever. I think I'd count a win as a proper race, even if I only decided to enter last minute, but then it's not something that happens to me very often image

Talking of winning though unbelievably I've just received an email to inform me that I've won a competition to ride 50k with Ed Clancy (I am sure there are quite a few of us) unfortunately it's in Wales on the day our holiday in Northumberland ends image

Good luck with that Donaldo.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Lyrics: no

What: does staff v pupils rounders count? Will have a short run shortly
    Why: a longer run tomorrow. Still got my sensible head on.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Evening all,

drugged up, taped up and in pain...... apparently my lower back muscle have gone into spasm? So says the physio who I was able to see this morning (the beauty of a pre booked appointment for something else......)

Hopefully nothing serious and need it to calm down before I do anymore running..... funny how God has a sense of humour, as was only saying to a friend the other day I could do with a break....... looks like I have my wish but now how I wanted it..... so probably a blessing in disguise..... (that's the positive spin I am taking....)

Take care

• Dart catamaran - Similar size and design to Hobie LMH
    First time in a sailing craft of any sort for me - didn't manage too badly, I think
    4 h trip in F4-5