Cameron recent activity

Is Cameron losing his mind or is he just so desperate to win the next election he is prepared to do anything it takes to get the popular vote?

Comments

• Think it's more positioning of his mates and also making sure these is no leadership contest if he lose's if this is the re-shuffle. Some of those who are out are big hitter's for the conservitives but havn't always been on the same page as Cameron.

• Well removing Gove from education is a very sensible move as far as I can see.

• image But now he might be two chair's nearer to the uk's pointless inderpendant nuclear buttom. image

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

Is Cameron losing his mind or is he just so desperate to win the next election he is prepared to do anything it takes to get the popular vote?

Both.

• Is a buttom half button, half bottom?

• Cake wrote (see)

image But now he might be two chair's nearer to the uk's pointless inderpendant nuclear buttom. image

It's less dangerous than having him in charge of schools.

• I'm glad the badger exterminator has been sacked. Good riddance. image

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

delivering gove's policies with a more voter friendly face makes that agenda a much easier sell

• NetanyahuTheWarCriminal wrote (see)
    Give would not have been happy until it was enshrined in law that all year 7s had to be buggered by prefects. On a less serious note, Gove and May are both loved by the party but hated by the voters so he has only gone half way in trying to pretty things up. If he had booted May too then it would be obvious that the penny has dropped for Cameron. Public servants are going to vote against the Tories, so are the poor and so are immigrants. That only leaves rich folk and there are not enough of those to get then back into government so Dave is making meaningless changes now, which will be undone if they get back in, well probably!

They don't need to win over everyone just enough to ever get a collaition with ever the lib dem's or ukip. Next election a lot of floating voter's are going to vote ever on who will make them better or on who they hate least. A few voter's are ever going to not turn up again or afraid to say vote ukip thinking of the EU and not what else they are about. It could be very interesting but also a bit of a train wreck unless something changes.
    Sad to say I can't see Labour getting back in unless something else happen's. The Lib dem's are going to get a beasting in some places. Thinking they might even loss there deposit in places like manchester.

• To be honest, come election day I don't know who I'll vote for - they're all a shower of conniving, lying, cheating idiots who have no idea what happens in the real world and how people have to struggle to pay for basic things like food and a place to live.

They need to let the educators sort out education, leave the armed forces/coppers alone and stop destroying the NHS.  If they need to save money, the first thing they should be doing is getting rid of half of the house of lords and cut parliament by a third.  cut the number of quangos and think tanks.  From there they should then look at local councils - how many people are doing non-jobs for extortionate salaries???  Get you own house in order before you start ripping off the voters!!!!!  image

• To be fair, there are a great many mps of all parties who don't cheat on expenses, work long hours and try to do the best jobs they can. I say that as someone who hates Tories and LibDems. They've also been cutting local councils like crazy (my wife works for one), leaving them to do very difficult jobs with drastically reduced resources: most council employees don't have extortionate salaries, just like most people in the private sector don't. And I don't think governments have control over think tanks, which are usually private organisations.

• Peter - I bet they've not cut the top line management in local council have they?  Those were the people I meant, not the people who do the 'actual work'.

• But they've certainly been slashing budgets like bonkers, and the people who do the 'actual work' as you put it, are the ones who get cut, and those who don't get cut are the ones who take on 1.5 or 2 people's jobs for no further pay. You might make comments about cutting local councils but, believe me, it's been going on for a long time already.

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

Why is Gove so hated - aren't a lot of his reforms just advancing what Labour already introduced - free schools are academies,  phonics was already policy he's just enforced it etc.     I disagree with much of what he's done but I do think at least he was genuinely trying to raise standards in the state sector for kids - not many Tories care because most of them didn't go to a state school (more and more the same goes for all parties).  

• Apart from anything else he was gagging for British military intervention in Syria.

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Teachers hate being held accountable, and are essentially on drugs when it comes to the pension entitlements they are always on strike about.

Most teachers I know feel they are being ripped off, but have a total mental block when you point out how much money anyone in the private sector has to put away to be able to retire on the sort of income stream they can look forward too. If you (unlike, teachers, it would seem) have any facility with basic arithmetic, then plese 'do the math.' Its a shocker.

Follow that up by costing one day of your annual leave entitlement or an extra day's childcare and you see how much your kids' teachers are shafting you each time go on strike over their pensions going from 'golden' to just 'generous.'

Fuckers.

• I agree with Nick. Gove has set the ball rolling and now along with Cameron they have employed a secretary to carry out the policy. The " Calm Down Dear" attitude is still alive and well at Tory HQ.

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Teachers can retire to earn a decent chunk of their final salary, inflation protected,  until they finally pop their clogs. That costs whatever it costs, and the taxpayer  (thats you by the way) foots the bill. When you run the numbers this turns out to be a very large amount of cash.

If you want to retire as comfortably as this, you dont ahve the luxury of leaning on the state to pick up the tab. Essentailly you ahve to put enough into savings, pensions, isa etc to fund it all. At current prices thats in the ballpark of about half a million quid. ie, whatever you are putting away had better have grown to that sort of money if you want to enjoy anything like what your averaghe striking teacher is going to get when they decide they cant be arsed with schools inspectors, unsatisfied parents or ofsted reports and call it a day.

Of course anyone is entitled to strike if they are being screwed over. Teachers however don't know they are born.

Let me say the important bit again. HALF A MILLION QUID. Hows your pension plan doing?

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Blair was about as Tory as they come. L:abour could destroy the tories at the next election if they had a credible salesman in charge  - they wouldnt even need a manifesto, they'd just do the same austerity policies that every government finds itself straitjacketed into.

Trouble is, all they have is a white middle class middle aged middleman who did politics at oxford, who, despite being a clone of the ones the tories and liberals have across like even more of a wanker than the other two.

No, I didnt think that was humanly possible either

• NetanyahuTheWarCriminal wrote (see)
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Apart from anything else he was gagging for British military intervention in Syria.

As long as they stay out of Israeli business then no one will care where they intervene. The world is upside down, or at least politics is backwards.

Actually Parliament cared enough not to intervene. It is one of the two things Cameron has done right while he's been in office - the other was pushing through gay marriage.

• Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)

Teachers are not underpaid nor are they overworked FFS, it's not the simplest of jobs but it has great terms and conditions that virtually everyone in the private sector would envy.

People in the private sector should join unions and seek to get better pay and conditions, not urge a race to the bottom and abjure those who seek to protect their hard fought-for conditions of service.