Thursday 17th July 2014

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning Lyrics: she looks like a sugar in a plum What: my dad's coming image Why: he heard his daughter had an altercation with a field Last hard: I'm finding this week pretty hard! Dibs you'll be back before you know it! If we're out there at the same time we should try and meet up. Have a good day all

Comments

• Morning.

Good running Dibs.

Enjoy the visit emzap.

Hope the niggle comes to nothing and you find that pot Blisters image

How did the race go Wabo?

What:                   LSR
    Why:                    ultra training
    Last hard:            you know I don't do hard
    Last rest:             2/7

Lyrics - I do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH and emzap

Just off out now

Warm and sunny here againimage

Back later

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning! And a warm and sunny one here, too.

Lyrics: yes, sadly.

What: half an hour this evening
    Why: burn a few cals

Last day at work for a while, so hope to get a bit more consistent consistency in, which has been sadly lacking.

Emz: Hope daddy waves his magic wand and makes you better!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning ale

35mns Steadily done this morning. Warm and sunny hereimage

Commonwealth Baton Relay is through my town today.

Catch up soon

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Morning,

What: small run and 2 hours on the cross trainer planned

Why: fat loss + base building 

Lyrics: Nope

Last hard: Taking a leaf from LMH - N/A

Last Rest: Tuesday

Emz- Yep, I will defo go back and if you are over there would LOVE to see you and have an explore! I hope you Dad TLC's you well.

Question to you all. I have always found my heart rate to be high even with non stressful exercise. Example- I can be on the cross trainer, singing along to my ipod with no worries (aim was long and slow for fat loss/endurance) and my HR is 165-175. I am not sure what this means, but it happens all the time. When I went for a jog with a friend last year, I was at about 60% effort and my HR was 180. When I go all out, my HR can reach 210-220. What's the deal with that?? 

• What: run this evening with group before heading off to Shetland on overnight ferry.
    Why: kayaking weekend beckons.
    Last hard: catamaran sailing on Monday.
    Last rest: I actually did rest yesterday - we went out for a meal with our visitors
    lyrics: YES!

Dibs - Might be an idea to get your haemoglobin and thyroid function checked, if you haven't already done so

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Nice morning.  6 miles 45 mins.  

Lyrics, yes. image

• Hot, hot, hot out here this morning but another 25 miles in the bag. Off to introduce my friend's 18 month old to the swimming pool now - may be harder work!

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

OH- Thanks.. I don't have any other symptoms.. but I will do.

Managed 3 hours on the cross trainer and kept my HR 140-150. Was going pretty slow though.

• Afternoon all,

Dibs:  It's not unusual to record higher heart rates in the gym/indoors.  I don't know the science

• What:  20 lengths with 10 front crawl arms.  Sounds impressive until I add I need a breather and to empty the contents of the swimming pool from my nose after every one
    • Why:  P&D Training
    • Last Hard: N/A
    • Last Rest: Sunday

Have a good one!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Impressive as ever, LMH, great running.  Enjoy the swim!

Dibs, do you have a high resting heart rate?

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Hey,

AF- That's odd, once I have a Garmin I will record more accurately I pressume.

Don- Nope, resting is usually about 60 or under. I do have quite low blood pressure, my Dad is the same. It is not unusual for me to be around 90/60 at rest.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

day two of lyrics! 

emzap thats nice your dad is coming image

lmh, I had a good solid run last night, beat some of my rivals and just felt good! less is more is working for me - hope your hot 25 miles went well, and the pool! That will be fun

af sounds like my swimming! 

Dibs I was going to ask do you have a high rhr too?  My daughter does and low blood pressure but I don't really get the science either

Oh you answered it DIbs!

what: 4 x 1200 later

why: Although I would prefer not to after a race, I cant fit it in any other time

last hard: last night

last rest tuesday

I think my resting earlier in the week paid off!

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Maybe that is it then, my low BP. If I don't drink enough fluids, getting up is usually a drama for me, have to walk for a while with snowy vision. I remember I let my friend practice her medical examination on me post a few glasses of wine, my BP was 80/55.. she asked if I was feeling ok!

Who knows eh

Nice running guys!

• Lyrics of course image My era again.

Blisters a perfect moment by the sounds of it. I still feel like a little kid whenever I see a rainbow.

I am in awe of your mileage LMH especially in this weeks conditions.

As the forecast is looking daunting at the weekend I decided to do a 5k race last night in the hope it wouldn't be as hot. Wrong! Very humid and even breathing seemed difficult.
    I managed 20.38 which is a course pb and second FV50. Fast little course and last race in the series of three so it was promising result as most people were down around 30s from previous races. I do feel in pb shape which is bizarre considering how long a rest I had!

What: 10 miles easy
    3 miles easy

Why: Basics

Last rest : Monday

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Well done forever, great course pb and good to hear how good you are feeling! image

• Thanks Donaldo I'm starting to get used to 5k pain again. I did forget to mention that on the starting line I felt something in my shoe but hadn't time to take it out. At the end I found a safety pin stuck in my toe!! along with two others in my shoe which I'd been looking for earlier. Didn't notice the pain till I'd stopped though, too much other pain going on image

• Afternoon

What 8+

Why assessment

Lyrics yes

Spent a week resting my right ankle as it has developed some sort of strain. Felt ok after the first mile with no further problems later in the day. Will give the club time trial a miss tonight though. 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Blimey, forever!! You are too hard core for me. Great 5k time. Well done.

BP sounds veeery low, Dibs. Nice running.

Nice long run LMH image

Hope the ankle settles, postie.

Yesterday's lyrics: Love runs out, One Republic. It was the World cup theme tune on Germany's equivalent to Match of the day

Lazy day for me. Having a rough time at work and needed the extra zzz this morning. I may run into work tomorrow. Hope it's not too hot.
  • Congratulations on another great 5k forever.

Dibs - how are you measuring this HR then? If it's the 'hold your hands on this part of the machine' I'd not be sure of its accuracy.

Take it easy with two speedy days in a row Wabo.

Had been wondering where you were postie. Am considering joining you at Nottingham, it's four weeks after my ultra and the same before Abingdon so maybe an idea?

We're forecast 30C here tomorrow chickadee.

AF - I started the same way trying to swim FC.

• Depends on what you want out of it. Run slowly it would make nice prep for Abingdon though I'm not sure running it for quality would be worth while 4 weeks post IM. They do offer a half as well if you're not sure so we could meet up around that. I guess Nottingham is quite local for you.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Lyrics - Yes

Forever great 5k time well done

More swimming for me this morning  - 12 lengths similar story to AF....

Take care

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Yes, well done, Forever!

What: just 20 mins, 3.25k
    Why: swimming...in perspiration! Rather warm: I imagine Lisbon will be even warmer over the next few days! Will be annoyed this time tomorrow night if I'm not in a Portuguese Alehouse, or whatever they call them over there.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.