Sat 19th July 2014

Morning

Todays lyrics: 'And just as my eyes start seeing.'

Off out now

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Long Road To Hell by Avicii

You'd need a boat here birks - we've had torrential rain for the last few hours.

What:                    unsure
    Why:                     weather
    Last hard:             listening to the rain as I tried to sleep
    Last rest:              2/7

Lyrics - familiar but not an outright yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH

Dull and warm here. Think your rain is heading our way.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Another scorcher here. Chicks hope it's a bit cooler for your bike trip, where are you off to?

Ale hope you got there ok. Have a great time.

What: as little as possible

Why: 35C is too hot

Last hard: keeping cool!

Lyrics: nope

AF what's the date of the underground marathon?

Have a good day all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    We just fled into the house. It's too hot, even in the shade ...

Em: off to Magdeburg, exploring the Eastern counties. The Elbe cycle path goes right by our house so we can start directly from home.

What: a little swim at 8am and quite possibly another one tonight before bedtime

Why: too hot to run

Last hard: fending off mossies

Last rest: Sunday

Lyrics: no
  • Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Arvo 

What: 7.5 mile run

Why: base building + Fat loss

Lyrics: maybe!

Run felt good today, I feel like my form has improve just by relaxing.

Also a brain wave.. wondering if my hip pain isn't coming from  my hips, but my oblique/core muscles. I side stretched after my run and felt it at the point on the hip bone where I have trouble....... hmmmmm

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon...from an overcast but warm Lisbon. A couple of light showers earlier

What:3k plus this a.m.

Why: trying to find a park to run in...but failed. Found it later: botanical gardens. .was locked when I ran.

Last hard: chasing daughter up a 100 steps or so after lunch. The hard bit wasn't the losing! Very hilly and all cobbles. Not easy for running. Lots of walking done.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good run Dibs. Do you do any side stabilising things like twisting crunchy things or side planks? May help.

Did 1.5 hours of gardening (with breaks). Then stubbed my toe causing my shoe to fill with blood so had to abandon garden and come home. Think it's ok now though. Made me feel very faint!
  • Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Ale: Lisbon... jealous. Cobbles are a killer for me to!

Emz: Yea I have incorporated a lot of core work into my training to. It is such a mystery. Everyone I have seen can't really work out why it hurts so high up. I have sent a few emails to my orthopaedic mentors.... time to suck up the ego!

Anyone been watching the ITU triathlon series? A M A Z I N G

• The weather here has been biblical - 24C with torrential rain (sitting in a stationary car was like being in a car wash), hail and now thunder and lightening. I did my first ever Insanity class at the gym - absolutely great, and this is from someone who doesn't do classes. Great functional strength and cardio workout, I'd recommend it to anyone. Finished off with 30 minutes on the treadie whilst waiting for Mark.

Hope the toe is ok emzap.

Have a great break chickadee.

Miss A must have your genes to make her so fast Alehouse.

Hope you can get to the bottom of it Dibs.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Miss A had trainers on; I had shoes. She is 30 odd years younger than me. She didn't have any alcohol with her lunch. Actually she is quick over a shortish distance as she shows on the hockey pitch. In that regard Miss A probably gets her genes from her mother; brains and beauty from me.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

The Lanrick Challenge - loved it!  12K of fighting my way through muddy holes, deep rivers, forests and over 40 obstacles.  Such good fun.  It was just like the national XC but with wee added bits in there for a challenge!  It certainly wasn't the 'ultimate test' they billed it as - I was beaming all the way!

The tagline of the event was 'Can you beat the Marines?'.  I was given the opportunity as I started with 6 of them - they tore off at the start but my old head hung well back and took it steady.  Even after the first 3/4 obstacles, I had gone past a couple of them and caught them all quite quickly, beating them by at least 20 minutes.  So the answer to the tagline was 'Oh Yeah!'.  

Although the course was good, the organisation of the event was shocking - they got their timings wrong I was in the timing tent trying to help them out.  All groups were late starting - it needed chip timing and for £50 entry, it really should have been.

I might end up doing it again next year because I suspect I might have been the fastest today - results will probably be a while though. 

• Evening

Was stewarding at the Baton Relay. Soaked from about 1.30pm onwards. Still raining now !Warm rain though !!

don: Well done for today mate.

Catch up time.