Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning kate and maths.

maths: Enjoy the swim

kate: Cheers re relay.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Maths: Enjoy the swim! I'm petrified of open water!

Birky - have fun at the relay.

I, like Kate was a sloth this morning. I have a confession to make. I overslept!image set my alarm for 5am... got up at 7.30 :/ Cue a speed session and rush to get to work on time.

Anyone heard from Gobi?

• MoomkinMoomkin ✭✭✭

Went to see Haggis this evening. He is in good hands and is a wee fighter. They are treating the massive infection first. If the infection gets under control then they will attempt to reset his leg but it may take quite a while. He won't be running anytime soon! He is still in a bad place but the vet was impressed that he ate from my hand without the need of gauntlets. Both he and me have had the best sleep in a week over the last 24 hours!

I however have the alarm clocks set again for 5 tomorrow. 10k required me thinks.

• Lovely story re the dog. Hope haggis makes it.

Evening all, been biking recently and a bit of floundering in water and not a lot of running so training for Vit is on schedule. image
  • Morning all - 6.5 miles, a bit lethargic after being awake watching the amazing storm last night, doesn't seem to have cleared the air at all though, very muggy out there. PSC, sounds like a very rigid training schedule. Good to hear Haggis is improving, fingers crossed for him. We see to have both Chris and Gobi MIA at the moment don't we.

• Morning kate

Was wondering about Gobi myself and think thinking, where's valis ? On holiday ??

Warm and sunny again hereimage

NW: 3 snails, 2 cats, 1 dog, 6 horses, 8 cows. 2 Cyclists.

PW: 1 car

Commonwealth Games Relay was okay.

• Oh yes, valis is missing too. Our SOC team is shrinking!

• Morning Kate: Agreed.

valis and Gobi: Give us a shout if you're reading this.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning all

I think Chris has been over in Ireland, although he must be back by now

a breeze this morning meant it didn't feel too hot, we haven't had the storms here though, a nice 4 miles this morning and may go to the gym this afternoon if it isn't too hot and humid - there is aircon there but it isn't very effective!

my leaving meal tonight

• Morning maths: Enjoy your meal tonight.

• Morning you lot.

40mins Steadily done. Dull. but warm here. Okay outing.

NW: 3 dogs, 2 cats, 6 horses, 10 cows, 3 cyclists.

PW: 2 cars

morning all

off to ow swimming in a bit then looking for a new car

• Morning maths

All the best re looking for a new car. There's a local car showroom manager near me who looks like Boycie from Only Fools and Horses.image

He sells (or tries to sell) cars the way Boycie does too !image

• Morning all - 3K swim in the rain. Make sure you don't get Boycied MC!

• Wow... That was a noisy night! Incredible lightening, rain and wicked winds.

Might run later... Watching the Armstrong lie at the moment.

Kate, do you think the schedule is too much. I'm struggling to find somewhere I can reduce it though. Lol.

Morning gang.
  • Evening you lot

Was stewarding at the Baton Relay. Soaked from about 1.30pm onwards. Still raining now ! Warm rain though !!

Catch up time now.

• Evening all - 15 miles this afternoon, wow it was hot. Perhaps I should re-think my usual strategy of taking my emergency £1 out for water as when I got the shop 12 miles in the chap behind the counter was very concerned about me, or his floor whichI was leaking sweat all over. Off to Portugal tomorrow evening, so a nice long bike in prospect in the morning.

• Morning you lot

Been out walking Geordie

Dry and warmish.

NW: 2 cats, 1 dog, 3 rabbits, 1 snail, 1 cyclist

morning all

kate - have a great time in Portugal, I assume it is for a holiday rather than work?

we had biblical rain/hail and flooding yesterday in the evening and the rain carried on through the night, and it is feeling a bit fresher now. 

Not sure if we were boycied but a new car is on its way - skoda octavia estate, I currently have a fabia estate so not too different and a bit of brand loyalty!! Didn't realise what a crazy lead time there is on factory build cars, I am sure we only had to wait 6 weeks last time, so we have gone for one that is floating round the country already so didn't get the choice of colour, but silver isn't so bad, they gave us a £2k discount and there was no way I was getting talked into one of the dodgy finance things they do on cars now

• Afternoon all- 70 miles on the bike NW 4 rabbits and 2 deer, had to stop as a cycle race came charging past the other way too. Yes, it's our summer holiday MC, trainers and goggles are packed of course.

• Okay so how early is stupid o'clock? I have to get up at 5am to run during the week. Please tell me someone else out there is doing this. It'll make me feel better!

• Yes Leigh, you are totally normal in our world.

yes, Leigh, that is the time I set out too image

• I shall think of you both when I am struggling to get up!

• Morning you lot

Leigh : Welcome to our SOC madhouseimage

Warm and sunny when I was out earlierimage 45mins off road done.

NW this is 'Nature Watch' Leigh. What we see on our SOC runs. I often add cyclists or a Kingsmill Bread Van and sometimes an owl !

Today NW: 4 dogs, 6 horses, 8 or 9 cows, 2 snails, 1 cyclist

morning

did actually sleep well last night, so to celebrate I stayed in bed and completed the 8 hour sleepimage. Well, Mondays are supposed to be my rest day anyway...

last few days of school....

• Pete HoltPete Holt ✭✭✭

4:20am start for me.

• Maths, glad you've had a decent kip. Welcome to the newbies. Anything before 5 is daft in my book.... Anything from 5 on is fine image

It's all cloudy and yuk here. Hopefully it will clear up.

Morning to y'all
  • Morning you lot

Peter: Respect for that start mate.

Maths: Glad you got a decent sleep

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hello all! Back from a long weekend of running and drinking. Not to be advised in 36c heat.

Kate - have fun in Portugal

Maths - well done on the sleep! I envy your 8 hours!

Up and out at 5am today with Monsieur le pooch. 9km tempo and we had a great time.

NW: 4 dogs, 1 rat, 3 mice (none dead), 1 heron