Wednesday 23rd July 2014

Morning

Todays lyrics:'And you know it's time to go.'

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO

Start Commonwealth Games work at 8am. It's been changed from night shifts !

what: 30mns very easy

Brekkie time

Comments

• Morning.

Hope that days are better for you birks and that you enjoy it.

Good to hear postie.

Me neither Alehouse.

What:             MLR
    Why:              I have the time
    Last hard:      receiving the race details for Sunday's HIM
    Last rest:       2/7

Lyrics - maybe.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Starting to feel a bit less tired, but not sure I can manage more than 4 hours working for another week or so.  My next assessment is on 4th August though, so maybe by then I'll be able to.  Leg is slowly getting better, I'm allowed to try a very short 5-6 min run this week, but I'll make sure I feel good enough before I go out.

What: physio and work
    Why: it's what I do these days
    Last hard: the 2.5 hour train delay yesterday that meant my afternoon with my Dad in Hannover was cut to a quick dinner then home again.  We were meant to arrive just after 2, and arrived instead just before 5, so instead of spending the afternoon in some gardens then going for dinner before he had to go to the airport, we had 1.5 hours so just fit in the dinner.  Over 9 hours travelling yesterday!
    Last rest: all the time
    Lyrics: not today, though did get them for the last 2 days!

LMH What's happened about the race details for Saturday?

Dibs your run sounds great image  What are you training for at the mo?  More tris?

Birks enjoy the games.

Have a good one all

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

birks - lucky you enjoy!

emzap glad to see you are getting there - I'm the same as you with the lyrics! Thats a lot of travelling and that would make you tired I bet!

LMH hard why?  Is it one you won't do? Sorry if thats it x

what: rest - or poss jog with buggy later

why: keep my daughter running she is getting into it..

last hard: last nights 6 x 800 metre efforts - around the Olympic park though

last rest: sat

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

What: rest day

Why: touristy things and flying home this evening

Lyrics: not today
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Good session last night postie and wabo.

10 miles this morning including miles 2,4,6 and 8 hard.  It was a very even session!! Haha image

Anyway, times were 5:57, 5:56, 5:45 and 5:47 so  was pleased with that.

Lyrics, it's possible that I know them but not certain.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse your day sounded nice - even the cold water!

OH I think you're not running is not resting lol!

good sesh you too donaldo

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

donaldo my splits were nowhere near as even as yours:-

6 x 800 m in 8.08mm,8.51mm,8.13,8.58,8.26,8.30 - the 8.58 was when our club had gone off and left some slower runners and so I eased back to stay together - the 8.51 had a little climb....

• That's it Wabo. I had emailed the organisers to tell them that I felt that I had to withdraw because of the asthma issues but they never responded - and I received the registration/race information email which sort of rubs salt in a little. It's bad enough as we're on holiday up there for a week because of the race and Mark will still be doing it.

Glad you're on the mend emzap. Pain about the travel and losing the time with your dad though.

Safe journey Alehouse.

Any races planned OH?

Sounds as though training is going well Donaldo.

20 miles for me this morning - best get off to work now!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Just 20 today LMH?  Tut, tut, you are slacking off..... imageimage

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Arvo (just)

What: Just shy 10 miles (16km) 99 mins

Why: Good question

Lyrics: nope

I thought I had bitten of more than I could chew today, I was so excited about yesterday I went again today with my camelbak. Wasn't as easy as yesterday and legs tired out quickly. I did a short cut in my route. But still impressed with myself, I have never run two long runs in a week before, let alone consecutive days.

LMH- Sounds tough... keep focused on what you have coming up!

Emz- 9 hours of travel... yuck! Glad you got to see your Dad though, even if it was fleeting. Currently training Tri, I enjoy them more than purely running and I think I am better at it! I'm keen to do a half ironman, but will enter one for next year and then do smaller ones before then.

Don- Well done!! 

The big move to Devon this Saturday with work starting Monday!! 

• There was a fleeting temptation to give it a go but my sensible head knows it's just not worth it, could spoil our holiday if nothing more.

Dibs, the thing with back to back long runs, in my opinion, is to have no pace targets and to just bimble as easy as an easy thing in easyville. I also always mentally give myself the option of run/walking at the end if that's what I need to do to hit my mileage target.

Sorry sir, will try harder next time image

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

LMH, Yea I have found taking the pressure off myself with the watch has actually made me run quicker than usual anyway. I aim to never be out of breath and then it is just the fatigue. I think I have come on hugely with how I feel during the run, my legs are not as stiff and today it was just the quads and calves that were grumbling.

progress from when I first joined the forum maybe? although hard to tell.. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Well I lied.  I didn't go to work.  After yesterday's train fun, I had another fun journey.  Got 3/4 of the way to work, then the train stopped.  For over an hour...then it drove back to where it started from!  I phoned work and they said there was no point coming in.  I'm still technically on sick leave anyway.  Then I waited for 30 mins in the train station enquiry centre, to be told they couldn't deal with my request there, I had to send a letter.  I was pretty fuming by that point.  That's nearly 4 hours of today wasted for nothing.

Dibs, you are definitely improving.  Hope you can keep up the training once you start work.

Only 20 LMH, that's a short run isn't it :P

May pop down to the garden later.

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Oh no Emz!! that sounds hideous, what was the reason for the train doing what it did? pick up a good book and unwind with that.

Thanks for your comment image, I hope I can find a good routine in work to. I start with a pretty laid back post. So I should be fine. Plus the pool is not far from the hospital and I will buy a nice racing bike (specialized?) when I get my first pay next month.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Dibs "A technical problem"...the line reopened by the time we'd got back to the starting station, but by that time I'd have got an hour at work before I had to leave, so just wasn't worth taking 4 hours to get there!

Just did the BBC what sport should you do quiz.  It said I'd be a good squash played (ok, I played a lot until we moved) and I'd be an awful long distance runner!  I also did another test to guess your age and gender (I'm bored!) and it said I'm a 25 year old blonde male...age isn't far off, but I'm a female brunette!

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

I've been hooked... Boxing for me image

Lol about the 25 year old fella... is there something you're not telling us????

• Afternoon all,

• What:  feeble swimming instead of feeble running
    • Why:  I'm feeble.  Getting really discomnobulated at lack of progress.
    • Last Hard: N/A
    • Last Rest:  Sunday

Have a good one. 

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

It says I should have been a boxer and listed 'long distance running' as something I am not suited for...... crap quiz!!!

• Lots of chatty people on here today image

emzap very frustrating but glad you found a way to relieve the boredomimage

Speedy miles again Donaldo

alehouse that week went very quickly!

LMH I was going to suggest why not try anyway but looks like you've thought that one throughimage. Is your asthma only triggered by the swimming?

Well done on the back to back long runs Dibs. I'm like LMH I run my longer runs either by time, as in I'll go for two hours and not worry about distance or my 10 mile route I'll run without a watch, as I know the distance. Takes all pressure off worrying about the pace.

What: 10 miles easy
    Why: Building
    Last rest: Friday

Hot, hot, hot !!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    1km run! Leg ok until 600m in when it started dragging slightly. Glad I tried though.
  • It's a start emzap.

Sounds like a definite improvement to me Dibs.

forever - the problem is the nearest hospital is miles away so if I were to be carted off there I'd be stuck (quite possibly with no phone or money) until Mark finished his race, found out what had happened, rescued his bike et and managed to find me. If I did have an attack and didn't get taken to hospital it could be bad enough to leave me unable to do much for the next few days - so rather spoiling the holiday - and of course there is always the risk that it will be a bad attack and do some permanent damage. I do have issues with my asthma occasionally when riding and running but it is easy to manage then.

• What: rest

why: open sore on outside of ankle (from catamaran last week) - about time to give it a chance to heal. Also on-call tonight

last hard: staying awake yesterday eveningimage

Last rest: yesterday

lyrics no

I did the BBC sports quiz too: I got netball! and unsuited for athletics (long distance)!!!

what a pain emzap (train journey) but great start on running

probably Kirkwall HM next month LM.H

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me, if my 3 runs a week schedule says I have to do a 7 mile tempo run, exactly what will I do? Feel stupid asking but I really think I am confused!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Wabo, I take tempo run to mean running at a faster pace than your normal training pace but not as fast as race pace.  One step short of a time trial.  Does that help at all?  

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Evening

shocker of a XC summer race tonight in Race 8 and worst position so far....A mix of being calorie deficient, dehydration, heat, managing my back all played a part, but had nothing after 2.5m and really struggled. but its done so thats 8 out of 8 done, one to go and I have the series done as marshaling the last one as it our race to do so....

4.64m race and 2 m worth of warming up and cooling down....

Take care

• my sport is....

Triathlon!