Thursday 24th July 2014

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Lyrics: For it's goin' 'roon an' 'roon

I'm only a common old workin' chap

So, The Commonwealth Games have started! Anyone there tonight? I shall probably be singing this a week on Saturday!

What: 30 mins minimum

Why: I'm fat

Must try this BBC sports quiz. Suspect it will be darts or chess
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning ale

Yesterdays lyrics: 'A sort of homecoming' by U2 from 1984.

Easy 30mins done. Warm when out

Catch up time.

• Morning.

Nearly spat my breakfast over the keyboard AF! image

Wabo - to me a 7 mile tempo run would involve 1 mile warm up, 5 miles at effort and 1 mile cool down.

What:                I shall run, either a MLR or a LSR
    Why:                 it depends on how my legs feel
    Last hard:         working out how I'm going to watch all the sport on tv
    Last rest:          2/7

Lyrics - should I?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

alehouse- you made me chuckle but you are probably not at all fat!

Well my Tempo this morning at 7.30 went like this -  1.5 mile warmup and warm down with 4 miles comfortably hard (some up more uncomfy that comfy) middle 4 in 36.25

what: its done

why: meeting a good mate this evening for grub and chat!

last hard this morning

last rest yesterday

have a good day all, hope I can catch some of the sport!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • What: rest.
    Why: being good and allowing ankle wound to heal.
    Last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: no

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear last night's race didn't go too well RFJ, but well done for toughing it out.

Nice running wabo, good tempo run! image

8 miles easy for me this morning in around 63 minutes.  Didn't feel particularly energetic so just glad to get it done.

I thought the opening sequence to the opening ceremony was dreadful last night but I liked the UNICEF idea and there was a great atmosphere.

Lyrics - naw!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Didn't see the opening ceremony, but did hear a little on the radio towards the end...including today's lyrics when Glasgow was making fun of itself. I would imagine that everyone does actually know them, especially those north of the border.

Not running until this evening at the club.

What are you working on at the games, Birks?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Started much cooler here than of late but warmed up as I was out. Was obviously getting tired so called it quits at 21 miles - which still puts me on my highest ever weekly mileage with 2 days to go.

• durh! with extra clue of course I ken the lyrics!

• Afternoon all,

LMH:  I hope you weren't having porridge.  My second choice was middle-distance running and third choice long distance.

Today a workman called out "You remind me of Rocky!"  I suppose that's because I'm a washed-up, clapped-out, ex-champion.

• What:  7.5ish
    • Why:  embracing feebleness
    • Last Hard: N/A
    • Last Rest:  Sunday

Have a good one!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Haha, AF. Change your forum name to Rocky please image

I did the quiz too and got middle distance cycling as my sport :-/ most unsuited to gymnastics which probably holds true these days. I was a gymnast as a kid though ....

Some awe-inspiring speed the, forever and Don.

RFJ: sorry you had a tough race.

Totally amazing mileage, LMH. 2x26 followed my a medium run of 21. Medium?!? Wow.

Crikey, em, sounds like German railway is going down the drain... Glad you managed a mini run though.

We killed the idea of cycling as it was just too hot to be enjoyable. Instead drove to the Harz region for a bit of hiking in the shade. Just a mini getaway but very nice. Normal running to resume tomorrow image
  • Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    Arvo!

What: Rest

Why: I feel good but don't want to push it.

Lyrics: nope... Not my week!

Spent the day packing for Devon, 2 days to go!

Commonwealth opening was cringe.... Watching the men's triathlon at the moment.

Laters image
  • Afternoon

What 8+ easy

Why nothing in the legs after yesterdays 15 MWLR

Lyrics no, I fell asleep during Oceana!

So what's the plan now LMH?

• As regards what postie?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening

What: gardening
    Why: it needs to be done
    Last hard: Trains
    Lyrics: nope

Chicka you should have come and said hello!
    Sorry to hear your race didn't go to plan RFJ
    LMH this mileage is awe inspiring image

Will hopefully try another 1 km tomorrow and see how it goes.  Once I can do the distance without my leg dragging at all, I will try a bit more.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: 6k off road
    Why: train heavy, race light. So it will be a long time before I race.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

hi all

signing off for the weekend as off to Thunder Run 24 tomorrow morning, in a mixed 5 team, so the likelihood will be either 5 or 6 laps of the 10k circuit for each of us during the 24 hours..... all good fun.

Massage today, feeling better, as yesterday was just several schoolboy errors especially the dehydration, that I am still a bit miffed off at my self for....

Take care