Dear Idiot.....

If you were the driver (in Fairford, Gloucestershire) who put the mother of my children in hospital yesterday and decided not stop, please PM me. I'd love to talk.

....you fucking twat.

Comments

• 210bpm wrote (see)

If you were the driver (in Fairford, Gloucestershire) who put the mother of my children in hospital yesterday and decided not stop, please PM me. I'd love to talk.

....you fucking twat.

What happened 210bpm, was she out on a run or what?  

Bloody hell, I really hope she will be okay.  Are the police involved?

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear that. Hope she will be ok!

Cross my fingers you find the one who did this!!! Can't believe the driver did not stop.
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

Unfortunately this happens far too often, even more unfortunately the Police seem unable to do anything about it and in the unlikely event of the offender being caught they only get a small fine.

I do not know what it is about hot weather that makes people behave like idiots on the road but there have been a lot of serious local incidents recently.

• I can't believe that a triathlete would put the mother of your children in hospital without stopping. No excuse for swearing mindimage

• Maybe someone objected to beng told to stick their medals up their arse last night

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Why not? A cyclist hit my then pregnant wife on a zebra crossing once. These days I teach my toddlers to 'wait for the green man' when crossing only to find cyclists disregarding traffic lights totally and then getting aggressive when you ask them what they are playing at.

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

210 bpm:

I Hope she is ok.

• 210- Sorry to hear of your wife's injury.  Angry to hear the bastard drove off.  That is despicable.  In that situation, someone could be badly hurt, but by stopping and calling for help, death or permanent injury avoided.... but because they fukced off, help wasn't received in time.

No matter what excuses, I would want to see a jail sentence for this image

• The driver that is, not your wife image

Little bit of humour, to lighten the situation image

• It wasn't his wife. 

• Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

It wasn't his wife. 

Ah yes, I made an assumption there.  Thanks for picking me up on that important detail.

• Apparently some triathlete with an i-pod has been targetting mothers and then pregnant people forr hit and run attacks, Nick. 

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Any details of the car etc? Have the police been informed?
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

Apparently some triathlete with an i-pod has been targetting mothers and then pregnant people forr hit and run attacks, Nick. 

Give them a fair trial and then hang them, alternatively just string a few up to teach the rest a lesson.... er..... but not me of course...... or my mates.

But from bitter experience the Police do not care....

My wife once grabbed the person in front of her to stop them walking in front of a car that could not be bothered to stop at a pelican crossing; right outside a Police station... They went into the Police station with the registration number to be told that, "it is not worth doing anything unless the incident is witnessed by a Police officer".

Great.... (I could go on, but you get the idea)

• Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

Apparently some triathlete with an i-pod has been targetting mothers and then pregnant people forr hit and run attacks, Nick. 

Philomena, really?? image

Is there any info on this thing masquerading as a triathlete, in the papers etc?

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Not unless it has 3 legs ?

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Lotus Flower wrote (see)
    Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

Philomena, really?? image

Is there any info on this thing masquerading as a triathlete, in the papers etc?

From witness statements, he (or she) is either tall or short, white, but may be dark skinned. No distinguishing features, but may have a large scar on their left (or right) cheek. Lightly built, but quite plump. They were wearing a light coloured top, that may have been dark blue. Police say they are looking for a very distinctive looking person who does not tend to stand out in a crowd.

Anyone seeing them should write to their local Police station, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope...

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

But, as someone who has been a victim of a hit and run I would be interested in what happened, her injuries and whether the Police could care less?

If the Police cannot be bothered to investigate then try putting up some signs near where the incident happened. Write to your local paper, your MP and your Police commissioner to generate interest.

Hopefully the offender will get caught but this country regards road deaths and injuries as pretty trivial. Like £70 for causing death by careless driving trivial.

• KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭

This is a timely thread. I had to stop for an accdent yesterday, when the car infront of me knocked down a cyclist. I was somewhat gobsmacked by the attitude of the driver. when I spoke to her she told me that she hadn't done anything wrong and didn't even get out of her car to check on the guy. It was definitely her fault. Unbelievable!

• female driver of a range rover hit  a group of cyclist at a roundabout.  her excuse was it wasn't her fault as the group came from nowhere.........

even though the car driver in the car behind her could see the group of 10 quite clearlyimage

• Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    210, you should be with friends, not posting on a forum.

Hope all turns out ok.
  • Maybe he is doing both. I wonder if the tri guy has pm'd him yet?