Garmin Forerunner 410

I'm thinking about buying a Garmin Forerunner 410 but unsure if it has the pause feature when stop.  I run a lot with my two huskies so this is a feature I need as lots of sniff and wee stops!  I currently use runkeeper on my Samsung Galaxy but a pain to carry around so looking for a watch replacement.  Wonder if anyone can advise please?

Comments

• Pause is a very basic feature that all Garmins will have. Usually you can have it set on auto pause or do it manually. 

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

On any Garmin you simply press the start/stop button to pause. And again to resume.

Slightly off-topic, but why the 410? It's discontinued or about to be and there are better and cheaper models by Garmin.

• Thank u Philomena/Muttley for replys; I have the auto pause on runkeeper so if that's standard great; Muttley I have only just seen this particular one as was on offer through Mighty Deals £141 but reading a few comments I understand there are quite a few models; can you suggest a better one, be grateful for your input?

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Impossible to say without knowing what you want from the device. But as a guide: the FR10 and FR15 are entry-level and do not a lot more than log time, distance, pace and in the case of the FR15 the heart rate. At the other end of the scale are the FR620 and Fenix, which do everything apart from actually running for you.

The 410 was good in its day but that day is gone.

Have a look at the info on the Garmin website for these models and the ones in between, being current models. Reviews are on Amazon. If you're into super-detailed reviews, look up the DC Rainmaker site.

Hope this helps, happy shopping image

• That's great Muttley; I'll look into that, much appreciated image

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

As for frequent sniff and wee stops, yes, I have the same problem. And I run alone ...

• I have the 410 and, yes, it has an auto pause function (I also run with a dog!).

I've had mine for 5 years now and it's been great but it's on it's last legs and I'm about to upgrade.(he 410 has been discontinued by Garmin).

I had a look on the Garmin website and compared features and the 610 seems to have the same functions as the 410 (but with touch screen rather than touch bezel). I seem to remember there were on line deals for the 610 from about £150. 

• Ha ha Muttley, guess that's where nick name comes from! lol image ...Oh thank you for that CB69 I will look into that too when I stop working for 5 minutes! image ...inputs much appreciated image