Dear Idiot.....

2»

Comments

• I did ask RW to remove this thread within 12 hours of starting it - there were only three posts then!

To be clear: sorry about the language.

Given the extent of attention this thread has received, I think it only fair to offer an explanation. I will then sign off.

On Saturday morning my wife cycled to meet her running group. They did a gentle run, had a cup of tea and she cycled home.

Nearing home she was aware of a car pressuring the space behind her. Instead of taking clear and safe opportunities to overtake, the driver persisted in hovering behind.

Rightly or wrongly, my wife - feeling somewhat threatened - decided to hop onto the pavement and get out of the way of the car.

The driver was close enough, and moved through the scene quickly enough,to cause two of the three witnesses to swear blind the car hit the back wheel of the bike. The third witness isn't so certain - suffice to say, none of them took the details of the car.

The back wheel of the bike is mashed - a reasonable conclusion is that car might have hit it.

My wife:Knocked out cold. (Helmet did its job.)

Cuts and bruises.

Broken radius in two places, broken ulna, scaphoid and lunate.

Two operations under general anaesthetic.

Miscarriage

Again, sorry about the language. Not proud of that. It could have been so much worse than it was, and pain of all descriptions should subside in time.

Good bye, and keep strong.

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Hope you are not from the Wiltshire/Somerset area, as I had heard that there was a dangerous driver around that area that seemed intent on hitting cyclists. Can't remember if they found the idiot or not.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Nothing we can say except hope they get the bleep, and hope your wife heals quickly.