Elete Electrolyte replacement stuff

booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Is it just me or have I just spend £6.95 on a bottle of something like 25ml of water.

Isn't it just spring water with a bit of dirty salt in it. Seriously this does 10l worth of electrolyte replacement... if so, then err umm why all the bright coloured huge tablets etc... with other companies all for show?

Comments

• I had a look at that stuff a while ago when I was in my local tri shop.

I read the label, looked at the price, and quickly put it back on the shelf!

• I got it from amazon, that's my excuse image

some people seem to swear by it, and i've decided I have to abandon high 5 tablets, as no matter what flavour I try (and this is weird as i drink diet coke, which is sweet as hell) I just find it to sweet in the water. It makes me want to be sick, so I just cannot keep trying to force it down.

• I like my high 5 Zero Xtreme tabs, they are light to carry about and don't spill in my luggage if I am travelling afar to races image

• I'm with Lotus Flower and the Xtreme tabs - not too sweet for me and if it is just add some more water. Currently I only take a tab post run but thinking about a pre run tab as well (though that doubles the price).

BT, why not try some tap water with dirty salt?

• Ecce Signum wrote (see)

I'm with Lotus Flower and the Xtreme tabs - not too sweet for me and if it is just add some more water. Currently I only take a tab post run but thinking about a pre run tab as well (though that doubles the price).

ErBT, why not try some tap water with dirty salt?

Ecce, I put a tablet in my bottle that I take with me in runs too image

• ES: I think it will be very similar image but hey i've spent my pennies so have to give it a go image It might be amazing. Half the snazzy sounding crap on the posh stuff we buy is just that snazzy crap to make it sound worthwhile image

I really assumed i'd get on well with high 5 tabs as I do their gels and isogels, but all the flavours are awful. and i feel sick afterwards, oh well, elephants for courses, as the famous saying goes image

• I use Elete and find it great. Concentrated minerals. No flavourings or anything to leave a nasty aftertaste - I've tried various of the brands of electrolyte tablets for dissolving in water and disliked all of them. Elete recommend 2.5 mL per litre of water; I've also used it stronger, and have squirted it into my mouth neat on occasion.

It's much cheaper to get the larger bottles, if you decide to keep using it (buy direct - they have a website). You use that to refill the little 25 mL bottle and carry it with you on long runs.

• Thanks Debra, I rally need to start trying it, as I've got a race in 3 weeks. 

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

What's "dirty salt"?

• Salt dropped on the ground image 

just salt with other bits n pieces, minerals etc.. 

• @Pudge

Pudge wrote (see)

I had a look at that stuff a while ago when I was in my local tri shop.

I read the label, looked at the price, and quickly put it back on the shelf!

I did exactly the same!  Seven quid for what appears to be salty water.
    I bought some High 5 Zero instead which seemed to do the trick and tasted ok too.

• Well I'll test it t's the weekend and use it on my next ultra so might be eating umble pie after saying it's brilliant image 

when I use high 5 for a few swigs on a short training run fine, when I drink a decent amount on a proper ultra I end ip feeling sick and I cannot eat or drink properly for hours. So I just have to accept high 5 doesn't work for me. 

• Anyone tried sis go hydro tabs? Are they sweet too?